eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello I'm new

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotrods

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Hello I'm new Reply with quote

Hello my store is https://hotrods.ecrater.com I've been on for about a month and a half. I'm having no luck selling. I'm tring different things to sell. Do any body have any suggestions for me who is just starting out?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello welcome, are you filling out attributes?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Quote:
Do any body have any suggestions for me who is just starting out?

Yes, I have a lot of suggestions.

1. Finish your store. You need a logo. You need a text on your home page welcoming people and telling them what sorts of things you sell. I am puzzled by your store name since nothing reflecting hot rods is shown there. You need to fill out your About Page, Your Terms of Service (TOS), and your contact page.

2. You need to be sure that your listings are correct. Your Alonzo Mourning card in the description says it is number #537/996 yet your quantity shows 10 available. If someone were to buy it, your listing would still be up showing 9 more available. Same thing your Dusaka shoes which are cobalt blue, not 'COLBAT'. You have several items showing a quantity of 10 which I suspect is incorrect.

3. For your titles you are allowed 100 characters. Try to use that space as it is valuable 'real estate'. Those blue shoes have a character count of 26 which means you can add good keywords to the title. I would also suggest beefing up your descriptions to be sure that you are covering everything a buyer might want to know. Don't forget you can have up to 10 photos as well. You want your buyers to be able to look at the photos and know what they may be buying without reading the descriptions and you want your description to have all the info as if there was no photo.

4. The black platform shoes, are they really women's size 14? Asks the women with big feet.

5. This is probably a big one, but you have an eclectic assortment of things for sale that would appeal to three different types of people. How do you plan to promote your store and what you are selling? While eCRATER helps us get our thing showing in Google Shopping, you need to do a lot of the other work yourself. I sell in a niche. I have almost 8000 items listed and just about all of them within the sewing niche. Anything that isn't sewing related ends up in my miscellaneous category and if they are found it will be through serendipity. I don't promote them as I need to promote my other things.

This leads to 6. What are/were your expectations for selling here? Did you expect to sell out everything immediately? You only have 10 items up for sale currently and in three totally different categories which makes them hard to promote and even harder for someone that might be interested in what you are selling. Just because something else isn't selling, doesn't mean that you should start adding in random items to your store. You have 10 items listed and I have about 8000 items listed. I have had only 17 sales so far this month. It took a while when I first started here, and yet again I had everything in one category so that the promotion that I did was good for all my listings.

With a mish-mash store of 10 items, your store is a nano-drop, in a microdot of the water in the ocean of online sales. While you may luck out and sell something tonight, I doubt it. You are going to find yourself pushed down by all the bigger sportscard stores, art stores, as well as shoe stores for boys, men, and really big-footed women or cross-dressers. Additionally, you may need to have proof that you are allowed to sell Nike shoes from Nike. They are very protective of their brand and if they find someone selling their goods without authorization, they can take you down, and they can actually take the whole venue down.

You need more products and you need to somehow have a cohesiveness within what you sell. Currently, you are appealing to 5-6 different kinds of buyers which make for a tough job when trying to promote your store. Your lithograph does show up on Google. I tried to find your boy's shoes and they are crushed under the famous stores and at the same time, I am so glad my boys are grown up and I don't have to buy them shoes anymore! Man are they expensive!!

Slow and steady wins the race. Think of the turtle and the rabbit. You also need to set up a plan of some kind on what you really want to sell, and how you will grow your store. If this is all you want to sell, then may I suggest eBay or some other site. You may have much better success there. Not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you the benefit of my almost 20 years of selling online. Hope it helps.
hotrods

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2tip3py1 wrote:
Hello welcome, are you filling out attributes?

yes i just started doing it. so well see
hotrods

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

Quote:
Do any body have any suggestions for me who is just starting out?

Yes, I have a lot of suggestions.

1. Finish your store. You need a logo. You need a text on your home page welcoming people and telling them what sorts of things you sell. I am puzzled by your store name since nothing reflecting hot rods is shown there. You need to fill out your About Page, Your Terms of Service (TOS), and your contact page.

2. You need to be sure that your listings are correct. Your Alonzo Mourning card in the description says it is number #537/996 yet your quantity shows 10 available. If someone were to buy it, your listing would still be up showing 9 more available. Same thing your Dusaka shoes which are cobalt blue, not 'COLBAT'. You have several items showing a quantity of 10 which I suspect is incorrect.

3. For your titles you are allowed 100 characters. Try to use that space as it is valuable 'real estate'. Those blue shoes have a character count of 26 which means you can add good keywords to the title. I would also suggest beefing up your descriptions to be sure that you are covering everything a buyer might want to know. Don't forget you can have up to 10 photos as well. You want your buyers to be able to look at the photos and know what they may be buying without reading the descriptions and you want your description to have all the info as if there was no photo.

4. The black platform shoes, are they really women's size 14? Asks the women with big feet.

5. This is probably a big one, but you have an eclectic assortment of things for sale that would appeal to three different types of people. How do you plan to promote your store and what you are selling? While eCRATER helps us get our thing showing in Google Shopping, you need to do a lot of the other work yourself. I sell in a niche. I have almost 8000 items listed and just about all of them within the sewing niche. Anything that isn't sewing related ends up in my miscellaneous category and if they are found it will be through serendipity. I don't promote them as I need to promote my other things.

This leads to 6. What are/were your expectations for selling here? Did you expect to sell out everything immediately? You only have 10 items up for sale currently and in three totally different categories which makes them hard to promote and even harder for someone that might be interested in what you are selling. Just because something else isn't selling, doesn't mean that you should start adding in random items to your store. You have 10 items listed and I have about 8000 items listed. I have had only 17 sales so far this month. It took a while when I first started here, and yet again I had everything in one category so that the promotion that I did was good for all my listings.

With a mish-mash store of 10 items, your store is a nano-drop, in a microdot of the water in the ocean of online sales. While you may luck out and sell something tonight, I doubt it. You are going to find yourself pushed down by all the bigger sportscard stores, art stores, as well as shoe stores for boys, men, and really big-footed women or cross-dressers. Additionally, you may need to have proof that you are allowed to sell Nike shoes from Nike. They are very protective of their brand and if they find someone selling their goods without authorization, they can take you down, and they can actually take the whole venue down.

You need more products and you need to somehow have a cohesiveness within what you sell. Currently, you are appealing to 5-6 different kinds of buyers which make for a tough job when trying to promote your store. Your lithograph does show up on Google. I tried to find your boy's shoes and they are crushed under the famous stores and at the same time, I am so glad my boys are grown up and I don't have to buy them shoes anymore! Man are they expensive!!

Slow and steady wins the race. Think of the turtle and the rabbit. You also need to set up a plan of some kind on what you really want to sell, and how you will grow your store. If this is all you want to sell, then may I suggest eBay or some other site. You may have much better success there. Not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you the benefit of my almost 20 years of selling online. Hope it helps.

thanks ill try that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: