eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just A Shout Out to My Postal Peeps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Just A Shout Out to My Postal Peeps Reply with quote

Boy, did I cut it close today! LOL I got my package to the PO just as she was coming out to lock the door. I thought surely I wouldn't make it in time thanks to traffic, but I made it by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin. LOL At first, I thought she was giving me and the other guy there grief, saying, "Y'all know we close at 4 o'clock. Look at y'all coming in here at the last minute." Then we all just laughed and wished each other a nice day.

It got me to thinking about all the problems being had by post offices around the nation, but not my little one (in one of the nation's biggest cities). My postal peeps are always on top of it and they are never backlogged, nor do they forget to scan packages. They are always super friendly, which is why I was initially caught off guard by her comments, but it's difficult to see someone smiling as they speak behind their mask.

There might be days we get our mail a little bit later than usual, but it's very rare that you'll find one of our postal peeps delivering mail to the community mailboxes at 8pm. Actually, the folks who deliver our mail are from a different post office that I intentionally avoid due to its very poor customer rating, but even they seem to be keeping on top of things.

I do feel for all of you experiencing problems, but our big city was shut down, too, twice, and we don't seem to be experiencing those issues here. It begs the question why other locations would be. How is it that they have mail seriously backed up in some places? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's their fault. It's just that Houston deals with a TON of mail, like New York and other big cities, so it's difficult to understand. Of course, New York's population (nearing 19 million) is more than double that of Houston's (7+ million), so could it just be a tipping point at a certain population level?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more likely that the Houston postmaster or maybe the big cheese in your little post office is hyper professional. Because of Covid and me not being able to drive for a while longer I've been calling for pick up. Canada pick up is not free so it adds up when you only ship one package at a time.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I think it is more likely that the Houston postmaster or maybe the big cheese in your little post office is hyper professional. Because of Covid and me not being able to drive for a while longer I've been calling for pick up. Canada pick up is not free so it adds up when you only ship one package at a time.
Gosh, I bet that does get costly. While our pickup is free, it's not a reliable service and we can only do pickup if we have a Priority package. I've tried the pickup option in two different zip codes, now, and only ONCE did they actually pick up my packages and, in BOTH zip codes, the community mailbox is right next to our house. So, I quit using it a few years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: