eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal does not include shipping costs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeMerch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Paypal does not include shipping costs Reply with quote

Hi everyone

After spending hours on this site trying to figure out the shipping costs - i eventually went down the flat rate shipping. How do I get paypal to recognise the shipping fee?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the customer makes their selection they go to checkout and click on PayPal checkout. The customer is taken to a page on PayPal where they can either log into their PayPal account or enter their credit card information. After they have selected their payment method they are returned to the eCRATER checkout page. At this point the eCRATER system knows the customer's address so the system is able to show the amount of shipping. The customer reviews the total cost of items plus shipping and clicks the button that I think says Submit. Until the customer approves the total cost and clicks on the button (maybe it says Accept instead of Submit). Only after they click to approve the charge is the charge completed. The information about the total cost (items + shipping) will be sent by eCRATER to PayPal who will process the charge. Once the charge is complete, PayPal sends info back to eCRATER and they send the seller an email regarding the sale.

The last couple of steps assumes you selected PayPal Express Checkout. If you selected PayPal Payments Standard instead, it's possible for the customer to "complete" the order without payment, then come back later and make the payment. Sometimes they don't come back and it's a real hassle. Personally, I would only use the Express Checkout.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
The last couple of steps assumes you selected PayPal Express Checkout. If you selected PayPal Payments Standard instead, it's possible for the customer to "complete" the order without payment, then come back later and make the payment. Sometimes they don't come back and it's a real hassle. Personally, I would only use the Express Checkout.

Yes, for old-timers, we had the PayPal Standard option before Express Checkout became available. I didn't learn until after Express came out what customers were having to go through to complete a transaction before (got an unpaid order). So, I instantly turned Standard off and the option disappeared because eCrater has moved away from it, but it's still available to those old-timers who never turned it off.
carlylebooksandgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes, for old-timers, we had the PayPal Standard option before Express Checkout became available. I didn't learn until after Express came out what customers were having to go through to complete a transaction before (got an unpaid order). So, I instantly turned Standard off and the option disappeared because eCrater has moved away from it, but it's still available to those old-timers who never turned it off.

In general, I always go with what is recommended. I have seen sellers complain about using PayPal without Express Checkout, but as far as I am concerned my customers can then pay with a credit card through PayPal. No reason to fudge the details.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether express or the old way, PP takes credit cards of all types. You can also offer Stripe which I have used for years without a problem and have handled $13K worth of transactions with it. Some have had problems and won't use it. But I haven't and I know some don't like using PP at all so I want them to have options.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no difference between the two other than Express doesn't require the added step for the customer to go to their email and actually pay for an invoice. PayPal Standard doesn't take their money at checkout, but Express does. I'm amazed that it took so long for me to receive an unpaid order to discover what customers were going through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: