eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very right Lastade.

Quote:
5. Don't forget the other social media sites, Pinterest, twitter, instagram. Maybe there are some others that people use. Post, post, post links to your items in your stores.

I got a 4-item order yesterday and the buyer found me by way of Pinterest and she was looking for a pattern that I am sold out on it and thus listed it for any other pattern seller to make a sale. Currently, I have three orders waiting for hubby to tromp through the snow (we got dumped on). Two of the orders were from Pinterest and the other Direct. I've had 18 orders this month and 10 of them were a mixture of direct, Pinterest, etc. I was so busy most of this year, that I slacked off a bit from promoting, but I want to get back into that.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, blah, blah. Just more of the same old BS, treating other sellers like they don't know what they're doing simply because things work just fine for you. That's the nonsense I'm so sick of and, yes, it IS insulting and, if you think you're not being insulting, then you should think again. Especially when you seem to ignore the things they say that speak to the fact that they do know what they're doing. Books were the last category I had to work on and I quit working on my shop in November, so I never got around to tweaking any of those new listings. So, just save your so-called friendly advice and stop insulting me. There isn't anything you could possibly offer to help a shop that is completely invisible to no fault of their own.

About duplicate listings, I have none. They are all different with different titles and descriptions. The bracelets I don't care about because they will be tossed, but their titles are similar because the items are similar. They're all hemp bracelets and it wasn't easy coming up with varying titles for all those different bracelets.

P.S. -- Think about it this way...when there's absolutely nothing wrong with a shop, being totally compliant with laws and Google requirements, Google is required by law to put that shop out there. They do not have the authority to pick and choose who they wish to display in that case. So, all of your comments about what's wrong with a seller's shop when there's no reason it should be hidden is just insulting. Especially when you couldn't possibly know if what you say is true because nobody is even seeing the shop to prove one way or the other. As if it's not stressful enough trying to get seen, but being wrongfully hidden despite great effort, you want to throw all sorts of negative stuff at them that has nothing to do with the problem? How do you expect them to react? Would you find it at all helpful?

P.S.S. -- Those bracelets have been listed for years (since early on). Can't anyone find one of my newer listings to comment on? Google loves new stuff, so where is my new stuff? I added more than a few hundred items last year. Where are they? Why didn't listing trigger sales like it usually does, especially when adding so many items? Don't tell me it's price, this or that, because I know I'm comparable to other eCrater sellers who are making sales. Besides, there are far more competitors outside of eCrater to be comparable to.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here to help and support others sellers. It is just recommendations to share. If you see my numbers, I am not a Top Seller in Ecrater. But I know things can be sold here based in other results and my own experience. If somebody wants to get a sale, at least I expect them to try something different like some recommendations.

This kind of topics always re-appear in the forum. The authors always have the same issue of no sales. We share our recommendations with them. But is very rare see some of them take a moment to read, analyze, and at least try it.

pickychicky, next time I read somebody saying/writting: "I AM AN AMERICAN AND AM FREE TO SPEAK MY MIND!" I hope they can be American too to at least take a moment to hear/read comments from others, take a moment to analyze, and stop calling out the "victim card" when people do not agree with them.

Like many sellers. I tried many of the "Alternatives to eBay". eCrater is not best site and it does not has the best tools. But after all this time was the only Alternative site that I had some sales without exploiting its potential. One day I wake up and stopped waiting for eCrater to adapt to my needs. I took time to adapt to the site and understand it. I opened my mind to get out from the eBay Doctrine, lets be clear there is not site equal to eBay. I read the eCrater and other forums for recommendations to then test and apply. For example the Shipping Matrix. It took me a lot of time to understand it. Why? Because I never took serious time to try it. One day just stop reading and begin trying it. I was able to create my custom way to use the Shipping Matrix. Now it is just change the S&H cost based on the USPS increments.

It is too bad that many of the recommendations that I share now. I did not apply them 10 years ago. Because I am sure that at least my sales numbers can be 2 or 3 times my actual number. Cool

Now I look back. I can say thanks to sellers like Bigtallguy and Moonwishes, and every sellers since 2007 that begun sharing their sale techniques in this forum and others.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so very welcome Elperles. I always enjoy your posts! eCRATER has gone through massive changes since I came here. The first couple of years, some of us thought that the site might be subsidized by Google as we were getting so many sales and then Google starting changing things with weird names to their upgrades, Penguin, Caffeine, whatever it was. And we went from never having needed to advertise here to it be an absolute necessity. When I was on eBay I promoted my store there a lot so when I came here it was just routine to carry one. However there were some sellers that would say they had never promoted their store here before and they weren't going to know. I have no clue what happened to them. While we have never signed a contract with Google to do things the way they want, if we want their help to sell we do have to do what they ask, only I won't kill myself doing it. When needing to do attributes came out, I had over 8000 listings and I had to fix each and every one individually. It took a long time as I wasn't going to let it side track me from putting up now listings, etc.

At this point eCRATER seems to be the only site to truly care about their sellers and I appreciate that. When I dropped Amazon the other day, I knew I would stay here and not be spending my days trying to keep up with the poor seller service that Amazon provided. As Elperles mentioned, I learned to work within the way that eCRATER works. I have heard so many complain about things like old-fashioned templates. I never understood that. I would rather see our stores here where we get to sell our own things instead instead of promoting everyone's else's goods.
PaperbackPunk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickychicky wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. Just more of the same old BS, treating other sellers like they don't know what they're doing simply because things work just fine for you. That's the nonsense I'm so sick of and, yes, it IS insulting and, if you think you're not being insulting, then you should think again. Especially when you seem to ignore the things they say that speak to the fact that they do know what they're doing. Books were the last category I had to work on and I quit working on my shop in November, so I never got around to tweaking any of those new listings. So, just save your so-called friendly advice and stop insulting me. There isn't anything you could possibly offer to help a shop that is completely invisible to no fault of their own.

About duplicate listings, I have none. They are all different with different titles and descriptions. The bracelets I don't care about because they will be tossed, but their titles are similar because the items are similar. They're all hemp bracelets and it wasn't easy coming up with varying titles for all those different bracelets.

P.S. -- Think about it this way...when there's absolutely nothing wrong with a shop, being totally compliant with laws and Google requirements, Google is required by law to put that shop out there. They do not have the authority to pick and choose who they wish to display in that case. So, all of your comments about what's wrong with a seller's shop when there's no reason it should be hidden is just insulting. Especially when you couldn't possibly know if what you say is true because nobody is even seeing the shop to prove one way or the other. As if it's not stressful enough trying to get seen, but being wrongfully hidden despite great effort, you want to throw all sorts of negative stuff at them that has nothing to do with the problem? How do you expect them to react? Would you find it at all helpful?

P.S.S. -- Those bracelets have been listed for years (since early on). Can't anyone find one of my newer listings to comment on? Google loves new stuff, so where is my new stuff? I added more than a few hundred items last year. Where are they? Why didn't listing trigger sales like it usually does, especially when adding so many items? Don't tell me it's price, this or that, because I know I'm comparable to other eCrater sellers who are making sales. Besides, there are far more competitors outside of eCrater to be comparable to.

Blah, Blah Blacksheep, have you any wool? Anywho...haha. I think it 's funny, but that's just me.

I don't understand your store setup...It doesn't look like most stores on ecrater. How do I know which listing is newer? Are you using a special template, and if so did you pay for that? I did a cursory view of your store and 1 search for bracelets. Those were my results. You want more help? You could ask. I love to do research, even if it isn't appreciated by some. It's the thrill of the hunt, I guess. They say curiosity killed the cat...but what will it do to this black sheep?

SO...
here is something else. I did a google search for pickychicky (no quotation marks). Near the top of my search page it says this:
Showing results for picky chicky
Search instead for pickychicky

I stay on this page for now....
and see your ecrater store #7 on the page...but this is what else I see (sounds like, reads like a dead store to me)

Picky Chicky's Home Decor & Essentials, Collectibles ...pickychicky.ecrater.com
Picky Chicky's Stuff for Sale ยท Stuff Chicky Sold (you can't buy them cuz they're gone). Powered by eCRATER - a free online store builder. Last Updated: 11 Nov .. (I added the bold for emphasis above).
Ironic that irony doesn't always play well You can't buy them cuz they're gone....

I can now go on to my original search for pickychicky if you're game, or I can go pound sand and forget I ever got involved in this thread.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PaperbackPunk,
There are 3 designs of templates. Two designs are free and the Premium has a monthly charge.
You have one of the most original templates available which we had at the very beginning. I signed up in 2008 and there were no other styles to choose from. Then later on, around 2013, Ecrater came out with a different set of templates that you also may choose from at no extra charge. On your admin page under templates there are 13 of this newer style located directly under the 15 premium templates. I like both of the free designs and every now and then I change my templates to be a little different.
I troll the different stores on Ecrater a lot and have not run into many of the Premium Stores. They do look pretty sharp. They came out around 2015. Here is the information that Ecrater posted on the premium templates: https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35981&highlight=templates
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PaperbackPunk...Hmmm...I've never seen that. I actually have all of my meta tags filled out, so it should be displaying what I entered, not what you see.

ETA: This is what I have in my description meta tag: "Variety of quality vintage, modern and new items: collectibles, decor & dining, holiday & seasonal, clothing, books, movies and music; including Hallmark, Enesco, Precious Moments and Hummel."

So, why it's not displaying that is beyond me. Just yet another problem to deal with here -- and most likely something I can't fix myself.

P.S. - OOPS! Forgot to answer your question...the template I use displays newest first (I believe it's from the second generation of free templates). So, if you click on the category for all of my products, you'll see the order in which they were listed, newest first.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is showing a category that you set up. Seems like that would be an easy fix. Delete that category since nothing is in it anyhow.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Google is showing a category that you set up. Seems like that would be an easy fix. Delete that category since nothing is in it anyhow.

That's my XYZ category where all sold items are kept. So it can't be deleted and would be seen in my categories either way -- another problem I have with this site. It's not my fault eCrater isn't working correctly. I created my own description ages ago and they're not using it. It used to be just fine, so I have no idea what eCrater has done.

Thanks for your inconsiderate suggestion...NOT! I guess you completely ignored the fact that there's a problem on eCrater's end.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's my XYZ category where all sold items are kept. So it can't be deleted

That is nonsense.

Picky, you have nothing in that category that a buyer could see, so if that is what is showing on Google instead of your active listings, why not delete it? You have no need for a category of sold items. I hide my sold items as many times I get more of them so I can relist them quickly. You, as you seem to have stock that you don't seem to get replacements for such as collectibles, why not delete the category and see what happens?

I did not make an inconsiderate suggestion. You are holding on so tightly to your belief that you are doing nothing wrong and all problems with your store is caused by eCRATER and Google that you refuse to do something totally simple that might get rid of the log jam of items not showing by getting rid of a category that google sees as a no inventory category.

Go ahead and leave it, but quit coming on here complaining about no sales when things that are simple fixes that might help you, you refuse to do. You say we insult you, but the reality is you have been insulting the rest of us, me especially, for months now and I am tired of it. We have tried to help, but you want no help. Any advice we give to others you jump in and claim how it doesn't work. A newbie not knowing any better might think that they can't sell here, when in reality some of us have sold thousands of items, over 5700 I have sold (far more items than that since I have had many multi-item orders). We aren't selling by refusing to change when it is appropriate to do so. I have made many changes over the years and I'm sure I will make many more.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
That's my XYZ category where all sold items are kept. So it can't be deleted

That is nonsense.

Picky, you have nothing in that category that a buyer could see, so if that is what is showing on Google instead of your active listings, why not delete it? You have no need for a category of sold items. I hide my sold items as many times I get more of them so I can relist them quickly. You, as you seem to have stock that you don't seem to get replacements for such as collectibles, why not delete the category and see what happens?

I did not make an inconsiderate suggestion. You are holding on so tightly to your belief that you are doing nothing wrong and all problems with your store is caused by eCRATER and Google that you refuse to do something totally simple that might get rid of the log jam of items not showing by getting rid of a category that google sees as a no inventory category.

Go ahead and leave it, but quit coming on here complaining about no sales when things that are simple fixes that might help you, you refuse to do. You say we insult you, but the reality is you have been insulting the rest of us, me especially, for months now and I am tired of it. We have tried to help, but you want no help. Any advice we give to others you jump in and claim how it doesn't work. A newbie not knowing any better might think that they can't sell here, when in reality some of us have sold thousands of items, over 5700 I have sold (far more items than that since I have had many multi-item orders). We aren't selling by refusing to change when it is appropriate to do so. I have made many changes over the years and I'm sure I will make many more.

Excuse you, but that's NOT how it's supposed to be. I HAVE DONE WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO ON MY END AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME ANYTHING I DO IS NONSENSE, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU KNOW THAT OTHER SELLERS DO THE SAME. WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR SOLD ITEMS SOMEWHERE, SEPARATE FROM ACTIVE LISTINGS. WE WORK WITH WHAT WE HAVE, RIGHT?!? SO BACK OFF, LADY!

AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T SAY! WHO THE HXXL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You had best back off before you get yourself in trouble. I'm NOT kidding!

Like I said, I DO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE TOO SIMPLE TO SEE BEYOND YOUR OWN FRONT PORCH! I HAD FAR MORE INTELLIGENT, BUSINESS-SAVVY FOLKS AS MENTORS THAN YOU ARE. SO, NO, I DO NOT NEED YOUR LAME "HELP" THAT ACTUALLY DOES NOT HELP! So, sorry if my intelligence and level of knowledge bother you, but that's your problem. Don't you dare say another word to me. You are nothing but trouble, harassing people for no good reason, and will land yourself in trouble if you're not careful. I HAVE EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO EXPECT THE VENUE I SELL ON TO FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN LAWS!!!! If they want to tamper with my shop (because it wasn't that way before), then they, too, will suffer the consequences. I don't know why it would be changed because I certainly didn't change it, but let's just hope it's a simple mistake on their part that will actually be fixed.

At the moment, though, I'm busy elsewhere preparing to actually sell stuff. So, I'll get to it when I get to it. Is that okay with you, Miss Moon, or would you like to actually help, for a change, and contact your friend, Dimitar, to report the problem for me?
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the templates. I am not sure if it was a paying template. I saw a store with template that was with a lot of black color. It give you the feeling of a store.com, but it still missing something.

pickychicky, I understand the idea of the "sold item" category because it was something some sellers here in eCrater have for record of sales or to potentially relist again. I created that category too, but used a "discreet" tittle. Your sold category has subcategories tittles that I believe the bots or buyers can understand and find more easy.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pickychicky ... I just did the same search described by PaperbackPunk. I went to Google organic and did a search for pickychicky without using any quote marks. I got the same results as PaperbackPunk EXCEPT this time, your store was the 5th listing on the 1st page. I have found that Google Organic picks the text they want to show from the text on the page where the link leads. I've tried to find some type of pattern, but sometimes they take the first text on the page, other times they take text from the middle paragraph, or what appears to be random text from the page. This is what is shown on Google organic:
Quote:
pickychicky.ecrater.com
Picky Chicky's Home Decor & Essentials, Collectibles ...
Picky Chicky's Stuff for Sale - Stuff Chicky Sold (you can't buy them cuz they're gone).