eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

google Attributes How do I find the ones that need corrected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugzinny

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: google Attributes How do I find the ones that need corrected Reply with quote

Google attributes where do I find these listing to correct them? How do I distinguish them from the ones with no problems?
Thanks
Mervin
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer: In your store admin scroll down to More Options and select Global Editor. Click Add Global Action, leave the "Apply to" set to All Categories and set the "Action" to "add Google Attribute". The attribute name should be identifier_exists and the attribute value should be False. Then be sure to click the Add button. (NOTE: be sure you enter the title in lower case letters, make sure you add the underscore between the two words, and don't have any spaces before, after, or between the two words. Sometimes using copy/paste will add a stray space.) It may take several hours for the action to complete, but don't worry.

The long answer: Now the why behind my advice for you and for others who may also be reading this topic. I took some time last night to really look at your items. All your items are used AND they do not have a manufacture product number (mpn) or a Universal Product Code (upc) AND none of your items are clothing, clothing accessories, jewelry, or watches. Therefore, the only category of attributes that is required is Product identifiers. This requirement is met once the suggested Global Editor action is complete. You will probably still have a reminder note from eCRATER regarding Product Identifiers (brand, upc, etc.) but that will go away after a couple of feeds to Google Shopping.

You will need to add this Google Attribute to any inventory you add to your store. When you look at one of your items (after the Global Action is complete) you will see the Google Attribute in the Google Attribute table AND you will see [!identifier_exists:False!] at the bottom of your description. When you look at the item from the consumer side of your store, the attribute will not be shown. Occasionally an attribute will show in the consumer view when the seller didn't enter the attribute correctly. You can add your attributes at the end of your description when adding new inventory instead of using the table if you wish; it is the seller's choice.

If you add items that are in the clothing, clothing accessories, jewelry, or watches categories or you add items that are new you will need to add additional attributes. Also, if you add books you will need to add the attribute value of isbn if you have it or the attribute listed in the Global Action if it is a pre-isbn or private publisher with no isbn.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea Sheila! Never would have thought of that!
InsideOuttriangle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Works! Reply with quote

This still works. I just did this exact process in 2021. Thank you.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the suggestion worked for you. Of course, you'll need to add the upc for your food products.

I just took a look at your store and it's troubling. Something that is "inspired by" can be real close if not outright illegal copyright infringement. It's cute to use images to make something for yourself, but when you try to profit from a copyrighted image, it's illegal. You really should consider different images for your products. Try original photos or public domain pictures.

I checked your postage for your snacks and realized you have a problem. You must be able to ship every product in your store via every method of shipping you select. If you offer USPS Priority Mail, you are free to use any Priority Mail option as a seller. However, if you offer USPS Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Envelope as an option for the buyer, the buyer is going to select it based on price even if they purchased a snack. For some of your items, if the packed weight is under 13 ozs. (0.8125) you can offer USPS First Class Parcel which also includes tracking (but not insurance). The eCrater system will only offer the buyer the option of First Class Parcel IF the weight is 13 ozs or less.

Hope you don't mind the suggestions; just trying to help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same feeling as Sheila about your items and then the Christmas ornament Saying Jesus it is your birthday, I am puzzling over why you are advertising that as something to do with Dunder and Mifflin? I know that 2 cans of Spam will never fit in a small or large flat rate Priority Mail. You might want to look into using the Matrix for your shipping

You should also besides the expiration date, put ingredients as well as sizes on your listing. People are very concerned about ingredients in food.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: