eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

WINTER IS HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, we had to stop where the plows had built a 3 foot wall of very hard snow. I chipped, pecked, and shoveled 8 foot wide path.

The local news says in three more days it will just about be gone. But ole Tip only had enough chicken for the rest of today. And the d?m? store didn't have a baked chicken left. I'm boiling a corned beef, (one of those package kind with the spice packet) I'll cut him off some, and I got small head cabbage, will add it to my share of corned beef. So, it was still a win win.

The lady that works the deli, told me come back tomorrow (noon) she will put back a chicken for Tipper. I flirt with her. I think she might be sweet on me, (a little bit). Well, sweet on me or ole Tip, I'm not really sure. (Probably Tipper). Cause he flirts too. I spoil him rotten, but because of him, my life still has some worth. I worry if I die, his life might get cut short.

Nursing homes, I dread that, thank God I can still do light work, but that long hour or so, of shoveling ice and snow, it did wind me. I was glad it was only 8 feet wide to get my old truck through.

I will buy an old jeep this spring or summer, when the prices are down. I can use it for deer hunting too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all. I was able watch the news about Texas. I hope everything gets better.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Elperles - Not sure if you have ever heard the expression, "Lake Effect Snow", but we get that a lot where I live as we live about 8 miles from Lake Erie (one of the 5 great lakes). It usually happens when the lake doesn't freeze over in the winter and picks up a lot of moisture as it moves over the lake and converts it to snow. Anyhow, we are used to that sort of weather, not that we like it, but we are used to it. Pretty much everyone owns a snow shovel and not only does the county, town, and state has their own snowplows and salt to spread on the roads to help melt the ice and snow.

Texas and those other states, however, are not used to it and can't clear it all, so they are stuck and their people generally don't know how to drive in the snow - slow down is the best advice. Texas got what we would call lake effect snow, so now if you do hear the expression you will understand what weathermen are talking about. Very Happy We were supposed to get close to a foot of snow ourselves and maybe we got an inch or two on top of the older snow. A couple of years back we ended up with 20 FEET over the course of winter. I just bet that you would give up nice, warm PR in exchange?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: