eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go - the pound symbol £
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
redruthcollectables

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
For those that are curious I checked the currency exchange for the pounds (I can't make that symbol) as of today:

10.95 = $15.30
15.45 = $21.59
23.00 = $32.14
24.50 = $34.24
26.50 = $37.03

Those are some hefty prices!

The package to the UK that I sent for $13.78 comes to 9.86 pounds and our FCM 4 ounce with tracking depending on where it is going but cost me $3.49 come to 2.50 pounds.

Those in the UK are working at a bigger deficit financially for postage than we are that is for sure.
The UK Post Office is gradually being fazed out under the Royal Mail umbrella/brand and PO will become separate, it's been going for a few years now since being privatised from public/Gov run ownership.

The mail sorting and delivery depot is still under Royal Mail for the moment, since privatisation and competition from other couriers and prices have been rising very fast. It's shame that UK sellers have to use compulsory shipping within the states to sell, it's very expensive and only getting worse. But then again I don't blame the US company's for looking after there own interests bringing more revenue into the states.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
here you go - the pound symbol £

I know what the symbol is, I just don't know how to make it on my computer. Seems like they could put on a key with the pounds symbols as well as the Euro. I know that there is some sort of way to add all sorts of things, but I don't want to monkey around or waste time doing it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The UK Post Office is gradually being fazed out under the Royal Mail umbrella/brand and PO will become separate, it's been going for a few years now since being privatised from public/Gov run ownership.

Sounds like you are going through some of the same mess that the US has been going through. Most people, I suspect, if you ask them if the USPS is run by the government they would say it was, but it is also semi-private or something. Hard to figure out the garbled talk and the fact that Congress has to approve some things having to do with them. It is also a mess and what I would like to say is against board rules.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@redruthcollectables, Welcome to eCrater.

As you are sorting out the shipping, you have the option of using a combination of flat rate per item shipping and the shipping matrix. The checkout system will always look at the item with the order being Free Shipping, Flat rate per item, and shipping matrix. (For US sellers, it looks for USPS Calculated shipping first, then follows the order I gave.) US sellers need the shipping system even if they use USPS calculated shipping for a backup AND for the shipping included on the Google Shopping feed.

I keep a database of my items, use the correct weight on the item page and use a combined flat rate and shipping matrix. I try to use the shipping matrix as much as possible because it's easier to change when the shipping rates increase. For everything else I use a Flat Rate per item rate AND code that item in my database so I can identify the items that need to be changed when the rate increases. If this doesn't make sense or you need additional info, just ask.

I know we have active sellers from around the world, but we don't have that many who are active on the forum.

@ Moonwishes, to type the pound sign hold down the Alt key while you type the numbers 0163, £. I keep a cheat sheet by my computer for ¢ © ® ™ and a few others I may use from time to time.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems there is no such store.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were there yesterday. It's a shame they didn't give the site a chance.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ Moonwishes, to type the pound sign hold down the Alt key while you type the numbers 0163, £. I keep a cheat sheet by my computer for ¢ © ® ™ and a few others I may use from time to time.

Thank you Sheila! I too feel bad that they have already decided not to sell here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: