eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Sort of New Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shopdenali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Hello Sort of New Here Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am returning to try this again. I created new storefront for just random items that I have at home. No niche yet. Shop Denali. Named after me and my first daughter. Good luck everyone. I have had some success in ebay, mercari, but tired of all the extra fees..lol. HOpefully with hardwork I can get traffic and build store.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Hope it goes well for you.
shopdenali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, say welcome and best to you and yours.
shopdenali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you also. Hope that I can live up to both of you. Looks like you have successful stores. Any advice for a newbie?
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep growing your store, go to the basic set up page, check out everything on that page and fill out as much of the information as you can (on each item you offer for sale).

I have been here little over year, I also sale on other platforms, but eCRATER by far is my favorite.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the big ones, is don't expect immediate success or sales. We have had newbies come on, list maybe 10-20 used items, and then after two or three days come to the forum and ask why nothing has sold! There are millions {billions??} of sellers online and new stores with not much in them, unless they are selling the only Laugh out loud Elmos at Christmas, aren't usually going to have buyers knocking down the doors of their store to get what you have for sale. When I looked at your store, you currently only have Michael Jackson items, which means for the most part you have to hope that a MJ fan finds one of your links. I do believe in selling in a niche if at all possible as it makes, if nothing else, promoting your store that much easier. I sell sewing patterns and craft/needlecraft items as they can all be promoted to the same buyers in the same places. And of course, the more items you have the more links that you have on the internet.

Last I new, the only selling links that Bing would promote are for new items. Just something to keep in mind. Google will show your stuff in the main Google search engine and it could be on page 103,526m which leaves it unseen! To be seen in Google Shopping, you have to have all your attributes right. As Tip mentioned, you need to have everything filled out as well as possible on your store so that visitors will have some basic trust. Be sure that you are checking each day for a message from eCRATER with the "Noreply@ecrater.com" address. Those usually mean a sale, so set up your email program if possible to have these come to your regular email folder not your junk one. If possible be signed up to take PP or Stripe. Some buyers HATE PP and won't buy if they have to use it.

Respond to all email from customers and if someone 'buys' something from you and you discover that you can't find it or you got the postage amount horribly wrong, be sure to be courteous enough to write to the buyer and apologize and promptly refund their money. Everyone who sells here, has their reputation combined with everyone else. As many haven't heard of eCRATER and if they take a chance on you, you want them to be pleased with our site. I have seen some feedback scores that makes me want to cry they are so bad. I don't know why a 'seller' even bothered. But I think some find every single site that they can sell on and that is easy to list on, list their stuff and hope for the best and don't seem to ever show up again. So an order goes through, the seller doesn't notice it because it shows up in their junk folder and so when the buyers doesn't get their stuff, they leave lousy feedback, which they should, and it just piles up. eCRATER has been working on different ways to stop this practice. I can understand why people stop checking for sales as they check for the first few weeks and with nothing happening, they move on but leave their store open.

One of the best things to do, is list several items a day, tweak any listing as needed, be sure your attributes are right. Have an active store even if it isn't huge because the search engines see the activity and promote your store more. At one point, although I don't know if it is still true, after having the same active website for 6 months, they will more actively feature your store as it means that you are serious about what you are doing. I mentioned this to my son once in conjunction with his two businesses. He told me that 6 months to the day, his business picked up noticeably! Over the years, I have noticed many sellers, after not having immediate success, decide eCRATER isn't working after a week or two, maybe even a month so they go off to using a different venue. Where if they had just kept listing, they would have eventually started selling, assuming what you are selling is in good condition and appropriately priced.

When I first started 'selling' here, I was actually only listing as I think I went a month or two before I got my first sale (I don't have my records on this computer so can't say for sure), but for about every 1000 items I listed, I got more and more sales to the point I was getting a sale a day on average if not more. I have somewhere between 7-8000 items up for sale. I also sell a few things on Amazon just to make up some more sales. eCRATER has been very good to me with thousands of sales over the years I have been here.

I have seen on other sites disappointed sellers that claim that they never sold anything here and no one sells anything here. That isn't true. THEY didn't sell anything and rather looking at what changes they may need to make, they blame the site. One of the funnier things is when someone blames the old-fashioned listing pages that turn off buyers. I have the very same listing page that was original to the site. As an online buyer (I'm disabled and so much of my buying is online) I never pay attention to the style of the listing. I look for how quickly it loads, what does it tell me about the product and how easy it is to checkout. Back when I came to eCRATER, I had been selling on eBay during the height of seeing how colorful you can making a listing. Dancing reindeer scrolling across the page, fonts in all sorts of sizes and colors with no rhyme nor reason, and of course the music! It was an assault to the ears and eyes. Most venues cut that out over the years thankfully. eCRATER never had that. In the last few months we have finally been given permission to use limited html. For me that means bolding things if I want to. For instance I have 18" doll clothes patterns for sale. The other day I listed one for a 14" doll from the same family and the dolls themselves look alike. So that I don't get return requests because someone bought the 14" pattern instead of the 18" one, I went through and bolded all of the points where I mentioned 14" so there will be no excuse, hopefully, for buying the wrong size. But no crazy fonts and dancing elves on eCRATER!

I realize that this is long and perhaps not speaking to all your issues, at least currently, but something to keep in the back of your head as you are setting things up. I hope it helps.
shopdenali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the great and informative advice. I will definitely keep everything in mind!
shopdenali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I link my facebook page to store? I have tried and keep only getting my personal feed. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas why? When I click on link my page, a windows pops up and then closes.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopdenali wrote:
How can I link my facebook page to store? I have tried and keep only getting my personal feed. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas why? When I click on link my page, a windows pops up and then closes.

Try a different search engine. Out of the blue one day, mine did that and I finally figured I could do it with my other search engine. I have no clue why. I'm old enough that personal computers didn't come out until I was almost 40 and so I have had to learn a lot by trial and error or scream for my husband who is younger and he fixes things for me! Smile
shopdenali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean another browser, I tried that too. But I will attempt again..
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is what I meant. Explorer, Chrome, etc.
shopdenali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm still not able to get it to work. I have emailed Ecrater and hopefully they can help me figure it out. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: