eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My shipping matrix only accepts single digit numbers???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: My shipping matrix only accepts single digit numbers??? Reply with quote

Depending on the item, I have shipping set to free, flat rate and calculated. I am trying to set up the weight matrix for those listings that have calculated shipping as a back up. I've selected the "small" weight scale, which goes from a weight of 1 pound up to 16+ pounds.

The problem is, when I try to fill out a price for the various zones, it won't accept more than a single digit number. That won't work for weights over a couple of pounds. What am I doing wrong here?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I just left you a post about the matrix that might help. Are you putting the amount into the matrix with a decimal point like 4.00 for $4? I just temporarily changed one of my amounts to 12.00 and it didn't give me a problem.
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
BTW, I just left you a post about the matrix that might help. Are you putting the amount into the matrix with a decimal point like 4.00 for $4? I just temporarily changed one of my amounts to 12.00 and it didn't give me a problem.

Lol, I would if I could, but like I said, the box will only accept a single digit number. If I try to enter a decimal point, it just goes back to zero. Like I said, I'll contact ecrater and see if they can help me. Sigh. This is driving me crazy. Sad
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is weird. Let us know the solution when you find it since we all will know.
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
That is weird. Let us know the solution when you find it since we all will know.

I think I MIGHT have figured it out, I wrote this to you in the other thread, let me know what you think:

"So along the top of the matrix, from left to right, I have a weight scale row that looks like this:

1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 16+

For my purposes, those represent pounds. Underneath those numbers, I've got blank boxes that only allow a single digit number. So let's say, underneath the number 1 (representing one pound), I enter the number 8, representing $8.00. So far, so good, that's about right for shipping in the US. OK, now beneath the 2, which represents two pounds, I would put (just as an example) the number 5, representing $5.00, as an INCREMENTAL amount, meaning 8 + 5 = $13.00 for two pounds. Then, under 4 pounds, I would put in the box another 5, representing $5.00, meaning $13.00 for two pounds PLUS another $5.00, totaling $18.00 for 4 pounds, and so on up to 16.

Is that how it works? If that's how it works, then I can do this with the boxes only allowing single digits (meaning dollar amounts). Geez, I hope so, that's the only way I could figure it would work."
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but I wrote more in your other post.
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, and thank you. I answered that I have one more option on my end that I can explore, if that's not the problem, I hope the team can tell me what's going on. I'm really anxious to fill out that matrix and resolve the conflict.
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, I found the problem, I wrote it up in the other thread. There was a conflict on MY END with a peripheral monitor I have been using. I have to turn it off and use the tiny laptop monitor to enter the prices in the matrix.

I will contact e-crater right now and let them know. And THANK YOU for talking me through it, I wouldn't have figured it out if it weren't for you!

By the way, as a moderator, can you delete this thread? I don't want to confuse other people who may be trying to figure out the matrix. Because the problem is unique to me only, it's not an e-crater thing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fairly new moderator so I don't know if I can delete this thread, but it seems like a good idea to leave it here in case someone else has the same type of problem. I might be able to lock it though. It is quirky problems like this that can provide an answer when someone is as stumped as you were.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: