eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello!Ecrater everyone.Can you help me? I need you help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overseemarine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Hello!Ecrater everyone.Can you help me? I need you help! Reply with quote

HELLO everyone:

I'm happy to be in this eCRATER world.I was reading threw the forums, but there's a lot i don't understand. I need everyone's help.
My store have some problems, and there was a time when there were almost no orders. I don't know what the problem is.
Ecrater everyone, Can you help me?I need you help ! thank, Friendly everyone.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of suggestions.

You might want to get rid of your my eBay category. if you are still selling on eBay it might send lookers there because they aren't familiar with eCRATER.

Your titles are bilingual. eCRATER requires English only unless it is a title of a foreign language book, album etc.

I hate to mention this and it is definitely not my sentiment but there is a strong anti-Asian feeling in North America since the beginning of Covid. It could be people are reluctant to buy from China. I hope that is not the reason.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What specifically do you need help with? If you are talking about making sales there are a lot of factors to think about.
It looks like you are in a niche market. Getting sales takes work on your part to help drive customers to your store. Most people do not work on their own boat motors. You have to think about who would buy your boat parts. One idea - You may wish to find boat engine repair shops and send them information about your store directly. Perhaps through emails or regular mail. You might find also find Facebook groups devoted to people that swap parts, or are in search of parts. There are a lot of creative ways to market to your niche but it is up to you to find them. Ecrater will upload your items to various feeds on the search engines but it is hard to for people to find an individual store. Since the pandemic started there has been an overwhelming amount of people starting to sell online and that has increased competition to the sellers that have been here a while. It could also be that winter has been here for the last several months for most places in the United States and it just is not the season for boaters. Now that spring has begun more people will be getting their boats ready for summer.
Best of luck!
overseemarine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Just a couple of suggestions.

You might want to get rid of your my eBay category. if you are still selling on eBay it might send lookers there because they aren't familiar with eCRATER.

Your titles are bilingual. eCRATER requires English only unless it is a title of a foreign language book, album etc.

I hate to mention this and it is definitely not my sentiment but there is a strong anti-Asian feeling in North America since the beginning of Covid. It could be people are reluctant to buy from China. I hope that is not the reason.

OH,Sorry,I didn't realize it before,my colleagues used to run the store.
Thanks for your advice.It's been very helpful.
overseemarine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
What specifically do you need help with? If you are talking about making sales there are a lot of factors to think about.
It looks like you are in a niche market. Getting sales takes work on your part to help drive customers to your store. Most people do not work on their own boat motors. You have to think about who would buy your boat parts. One idea - You may wish to find boat engine repair shops and send them information about your store directly. Perhaps through emails or regular mail. You might find also find Facebook groups devoted to people that swap parts, or are in search of parts. There are a lot of creative ways to market to your niche but it is up to you to find them. Ecrater will upload your items to various feeds on the search engines but it is hard to for people to find an individual store. Since the pandemic started there has been an overwhelming amount of people starting to sell online and that has increased competition to the sellers that have been here a while. It could also be that winter has been here for the last several months for most places in the United States and it just is not the season for boaters. Now that spring has begun more people will be getting their boats ready for summer.
Best of luck!

ooh,thank you very much!
Sorry,maybe i did't make it clear. I want to know what's wrong with my store,and I need to do to improve it.
You advice is very helpful. but I don't know how to find them.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could put a small classified ad in boating magazines giving the link to your store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! As you have asked for help, here are some. This is what people would be reading on your home page:

Quote:
Welcome to our booth. Oversee Marine mainly supply the Yamaha and Mercury outboard parts for years. High quality product with favourable price. You could put " favourate " our booth so that you could find our booth easliy next time. Hope we could become friends forever. Thanks for your attention.

We do not have 'booths' here, we have stores. I think booth was a Bonanza thing. I'm not really sure, but here we have stores and that what you should call it here.

Quote:
" favourate "
should be "favorite". As you have made the word stand out a bit, you need to be sure it is spelled correctly. You have several misspellings in that paragraph alone. I can hardly wait to see what is in store for me if I open an item page. You also have some grammatical errors in that paragraph.

You are stating that you have been doing this for a long time and trying to look professional, but the fact that you did not use a simple spellcheck or grammar check could give the impression that you are lazy. No one but my mother and son seem to be perfect spellers, and I myself have a great deal of difficulty, so I try to always run these programs that are generally free on your computer or use the free sample of Grammarly or buy the program that is even better.

Quote:
Hope we could become friends forever

While this is a nice thought, no one goes shopping to become 'friends forever' with an online store. This is the sort of sentence I would expect from a young teen girl wanting to be best friends forever, not a buyer.

Quote:
Thanks for your attention

In my opinion, it would be better to just state "Thank you for shopping at our store. We will be glad to answer any questions."

All of this, just on the front page! I was not even trying to be picky, just pointed out the things that caught my eye. I would suspect that your listings have the same type of problems.

You are also fighting an uphill battle due to your poor feedback in the past and as the one poster mentioned, due to the pandemic there are some bad feelings here towards China, and sellers get disheartened when they see someone in China being able to send something for free which would cost us around $18 to ship to you!

I trust that this is of some help to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: