eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Could someone explain how froogle works?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Could someone explain how froogle works? Reply with quote

Hi, I've new to this site, I've been here approximately 3 weeks, could someone please explain how froogle works. I have typed in my store name in the search....nothing. I have tried typing in the name of some of my items....nothing. I do show up on the Google listing under my store name, only after my own eBay store, but I'm not sure that I'm doing something correctly on Froogle. Help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items are automatically submitted by ecrater.com to goolge to be added to froogle.

Appears you just added your items on the 13th - give it a day or two then check froogle

You don't have to do anything to get the items to froogle ecrater.com does that for you.
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Follow-up to Froogle Reply with quote

I am sorry to disagree with you, but my records show that I opened my store on the 27th of July, as a matter of fact, I ask a question here in the forum regarding my hits "missing" on the 1st of the month, just to find out that they are automatically reset each month. I also ask a question on the 29th asking that someone please look at my store and tell me how they determine prices. Now how could they have looked at my store listings on the 29th of July if I only uploaded them on the 13th of August. Please help, I'm confused.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casin-Pointe - I was simply going by the last updated date that I found on your item pages.

Sorry if I was wrong and confussed you.
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTall, no problem, it's just that I'm not sure if what I see on my pages are the same things that the public sees and even though it appears my listing have been uploaded from my view, I don't know for sure. I know that nothing is still showing up on Froogle. Do I type in my store name and then search or do I type store items, then search. I know when I type store name and search on Google it comes up. Is Froogle any different? Thanks again. You have an incredible insight into how all of this works. I'm still trying to figure out the shipping matrix. Wink
urbanmash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having a problem finding your items on Froogle. Usually, shoppers will use the search feature when using Froogle. In the case of a book, they are most likely going to search for a title or author, and if they want to avoid getting a ridiculously long, unrelated list, they are going to place the search in quotes to get an exact phrase. Wink

For example, I did a search for "Authoritative Guide to Recovery" utilizing quotes and came up with a list of 19 "Divorce and New Beginnings" books. Naturally, any merchants who didn't include the subtitle in their listing will not show up this way (same can be said for merchants who don't check their spelling). Your listing is there (it's the only listing that shows eCRATER as the website) and it came in ahead of the eBay listings too! Very Happy

Leesha Dawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: