eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Contact Ecrater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorkmansWood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Contact Ecrater Reply with quote

Can't remember the route to contact Ecrater to change my store name
Thanks
Rosemary
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only way is to use the contact form at ecrater.com..
WorkmansWood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Contact Crater Reply with quote

Thanks for your help poopsheet. I found it. Do you know how long it takes for them to change a store name for you?
Thanks
Rosemary
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Contact Crater Reply with quote

WorkmansWood wrote:
Thanks for your help poopsheet. I found it. Do you know how long it takes for them to change a store name for you?
Thanks
Rosemary

sometimes it's really fast, other times a few days. depends what all they got to deal with
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked everywhere, and cannot find the contact form.

I've spent most of today first trying a bulk upload. So VERY confusing. I'm a reall dummie! Couldn't do it.

So I decided to do one item at a time, but I'm completely stymied. After filling in all the fields and clicking "Add", the form comes back saying I must fill in all the fields. Which I have, over and over again. When it comes back, my picture URL is gone. I then resized the picture, and that didn't work. This is driving me crazy.

I've seen posts on other boards that say it's a snap to upload items.

OH, REALLY?!!!

Would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

Betty
urbanmash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance wrote:
Hi Betty!

If you go to the main eCRATER page (www.ecrater.com), you will find the "Contact" link in the bottom, right-hand corner of the page.

Leesha Dawn
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance wrote:

I've spent most of today first trying a bulk upload. So VERY confusing. I'm a reall dummie! Couldn't do it.

So I decided to do one item at a time, but I'm completely stymied. After filling in all the fields and clicking "Add", the form comes back saying I must fill in all the fields. Which I have, over and over again. When it comes back, my picture URL is gone. I then resized the picture, and that didn't work. This is driving me crazy.

I've seen posts on other boards that say it's a snap to upload items.

OH, REALLY?!!!

Would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

Betty

First - just so you know - bulk upload is done using a spreadsheet format. To get the format layout you must contact ecrater.com
You must have 100 or more items
Images all need a URL addy
Only one image per item can be added using the bulk lister.

When you are adding new product and get that message yu mentions - you skipped something -
I know when I get it it's usually the weight of the item I forgot to enter - since I use fixed shipping I never thing to enter anything there. BUT it's a required field and needs a number - any number will do.
Carefully check each line - most are required. Make sure there is NO SPACE as the first character anywhere.

Check your title - mark sure all charters are allowed. I know I often use the / for sizes and for sleeves (L/S, S/S), and hve to remove it.

Once you get the hang of it - is so easy!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance - things I noticed in your store

you have 2 items listed --- both listed in your Earring category but neither are ears. thought you might want to move them to the right category

also the email addy you have on your contact page --- don't look right -- you might want to check it and make sure it works and you get the mail.
ecrater.com does not provide you with an email account
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, bigtall. Since the directions said (or so I thought) that nothing was required in the weight field if you have flat rate shipping, I didn't put anything in there. First thing tomorrow, I will do that.

But why does my picture URL disappear?

And I'm stunned that each item needs an URL. How do people with 1000s of items do it? What am I missing? Doesn't one have to go to each individual item, retrieve the product title, then retrieve the description, then on and on and on? It would take weeks to do all that, and you still would not have a store!

Somehow I feel that because my eBay store is down to a tad over 100 items, it would (or should) be easier to do it one at time. That is....if I knew what I was doing. LOL. "Cause I sure don't know what I'm doing with the spread sheet!

I'll let you know if I get it.....stay tuned.

Betty
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance wrote:
Since the directions said (or so I thought) that nothing was required in the weight field if you have flat rate shipping, I didn't put anything in there. First thing tomorrow, I will do that.

Actually, if you're using flat-rate then you're right, you don't need the weight filled in -- oh, wait, unless it has to be "0". I can't remember.

At any rate, just make sure everything with an asterisk beside it is filled in (except Max Quantity, which is optional).
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance wrote:

And I'm stunned that each item needs an URL. How do people with 1000s of items do it? What am I missing? Doesn't one have to go to each individual item, retrieve the product title, then retrieve the description, then on and on and on? It would take weeks to do all that, and you still would not have a store!

I don't know why the photo line disappears - just always has and I've never asked why, lol.

You don't need a URL for your image if you have it on your hard drive you can click browse find the image on your pc and add it that way.

You do need a URL if you use the bulk lister because images are nt attached to the spreadsheet and ecrater.com has to pull the image somehow. Once it's loaded on ecraters then the image can be deleted from where ever you had it stored.
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning!

Well, I think I now have it down....entering one item at a time. I've given up on bulk uploading.

But now, I have a crazy problem: on my home page, there's a picture of a belt labelled as a bracelet. I have no idea how it got there....especially THAT way, but more importantly, I don't know how to get rid of it!

HELP!

Betty

'
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndappearance wrote:

But now, I have a crazy problem: on my home page, there's a picture of a belt labelled as a bracelet. I have no idea how it got there....especially THAT way, but more importantly, I don't know how to get rid of it!

HELP!

Betty

'

click on categories from the left menu
click the pencil (edit) icon to the right of the Bracelet category (first icon)
see where it says Featured Position
the image shows there.
click the circle in the very first spot that says NONE above it
then click update

To add a pic of a bracelet
click the pencil (edit) icon to the right of the Bracelet category (first icon)

see where it says Picture:
put your image in there
then click the circle in the position you want that category to appear on your ecrater.com home page
click on update

NOW - YOU might have to click on refresh on your pc to see the new image in that spot in your store.
then click update
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, bigtall. I did it!

I have a gazillion more questions which I'll save for another day. Now I have to concentrate on filling the store.

Best,
Betty
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: