eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do I need to delete my store and start all over?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaylene30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Do I need to delete my store and start all over? Reply with quote

I have been adding CDs with two open windows thru Administrate Your Store link One for entering product information thru Manage Categories. The second window was for viewing my store.

Six items were listed in the Audio CDs DVDs Video category without any problems. I was editing the subcategory
using the boxes along side of the product and everything was alright.

Now when I click on Audio CDs DVDs Video category thru the Administrate Your Store link I find This category has no subcategories. BUT looking at my store link (Gaylenes Attic Treasures) the 6 items are showing!

I also changed from a blue template to the red template. Could this be the problem as I now have a blue template (Administrate Your Store) which doesnt work and a red template for my store link which shows the 6 items?

Does anyone have an idea what I should do or do I need to delete my store and start all over? Sad

Also I see everyone has store names appearing in this forum so how do I replace my name with my store name of Gaylenes Attic Treasures?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you have no sub-categories under Audio - CDs - DVDs - Videos
It's one category called Audio - CDs - DVDs - Videos
IF you want sub-categories
go to the admin page
select categories on the left menu
click on the Audio - CDs - DVDs - Videos
then click on add new

Once you added the sub-categoies you can go to the 6 products you currently have in Audio - CDs - DVDs - Videos. To do this click on PRoducts from the left menu
select the Audio - CDs - DVDs - Videos category
click on the pencil icon (second icon) to the right of the title and select the new local category.

Changing the template color has nothing to do with it.

You might think about making some of your categories (or subs) a featured category to bring some of your items to your home page.

You can read this thread
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=301
to find out how and lots of over information

Quote:

Also I see everyone has store names appearing in this forum so how do I replace my name with my store name of Gaylenes Attic Treasures?

Your store name is http://gaylene30.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
gaylene30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big for all the information and I will sure put it to good use!

What can I do so that my store name appears, like yours and others, when they post messages?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the thing -- your "store name" is technically gaylene30 since that's your eCrater URL. And our eCrater URLs are our default usernames in the forums, unfortunately, and can't be changed.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What can I do so that my store name appears, like yours and others, when they post messages?

Like POOPSHEETS said --- your store name is gaylene30. that is what is in your URL. When you registered you used gaylene30 as the name you did not use Gaylenes Attic Treasures. Threrefore that is not your store name so it will not appear here and there is nothing you can do.

I do not suggest closing your store and opening it as GaylenesAtticTreasures - just seems way to long for me - especially after you add ecrater.com to the end of that.
gaylene30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both - Now I know the reason why the wrong store name is showing. I will now have to decide how badly I want to continue with Attic Treasures. That was my eBay store and I thought it might help to bring over eBay customers.....
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else you could do is register the GaylenesAtticTreasures.com domain (if it's available) and forward traffic to your eCrater shop.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Something else you could do is register the GaylenesAtticTreasures.com domain (if it's available) and forward traffic to your eCrater shop.

EXCELLENT IDEA!
And put that URL EVERYWHERE!!!
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as you did and I contacted ecrater and requested that my store name be changed from what it was to what it is. I supplied what my name currently was and what I wanted it to be and they fixed it for me. It only took a couple of days and in the meantime I continued to add items to my store and everything. No interruption at all. So, you might try requesting the change.

Cheers Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: