eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New here...can you help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnscollectables

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: New here...can you help Reply with quote

Hi, I'm in the process of building my site, it's not up and running yet, however I have a few questions.

1. I noticed several of you have replaced the default image on your home page to include either a larger logo or you image. Is this easily done or will i have to use html? I would love to remove the wine glass and place a larger logo there.

2. Is there any way to add bolding, underlining, email link, etc to my texts? It just seems so plain looking.

3. I'm planning on purchasing my own url. When i do this, can I just transfer my ecrater store to that url, or do i have to keep the url with ecrater in it.

I think that's all for right now. TIA for all your help...

Here is the link to my store...remember it's underconstruction. And I would love to hear any and all feedback you can give me!

http://dnscollectables.ecrater.com/

Oh and one more thing, i signed up in the wee hours of the morning and made a typo on my name (dnscollectAbles) lol, is there anyway to change that without reopening a new account. Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed several of you have replaced the default image on your home page to include either a larger logo or you image. Is this easily done or will i have to use html? I would love to remove the wine glass and place a larger logo there.

Can't use HTML on the site. All pics are uploaded from your files.

Quote:
Is there any way to add bolding, underlining, email link, etc to my texts? It just seems so plain looking.

No HTML

Quote:
I'm planning on purchasing my own url. When i do this, can I just transfer my ecrater store to that url, or do i have to keep the url with ecrater in it.

Yes you can redirect your domain. Make sure that when you do that it is a standard redirect, and not a masked redirect. The difference being, that if you mask it, all the meta tags for your e-crater store will be masked as well and won't help in Internet searches. Very Happy
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify:

1. For instructions how to change the home page default images please read:

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1

2. Currently there is no highlighting feature. Such will be added in future releases of the admin tool.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnscollectables - so far your store looks good.

One suggestion though - go to the sales tax area and be sure to check what states you collect tax for. currently you have all the states and unless you have a sales tax license for every state you can NOT collect taxes for them.
dnscollectables

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

One suggestion though - go to the sales tax area and be sure to check what states you collect tax for. currently you have all the states and unless you have a sales tax license for every state you can NOT collect taxes for them.

Thank you for letting me know that. I thought I had to collect from every state..lol That's actually much easier.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnscollectables wrote:
BigTallMensClothing wrote:

Thank you for letting me know that. I thought I had to collect from every state..lol That's actually much easier.

CALL you state tax office.

I think it's TX and maybe another one that claim you need to collect from everyone BUT it's not the norm and most sellers from them states don't do it because that would make it a federal tax and not a state tax.

CALL YOUR ACCOUTNANT or TAX office!
dnscollectables

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: