eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello!! New, and confused! LOL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdecals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Hello!! New, and confused! LOL Reply with quote

greetings to all........I do like this site and enjoy reading the boards..my store is jsdecals.ecrater.com we make custom made vinyl decals and graphics for your vehicle, windows, mirrors etc. ok ok you get the idea.......feel free to browse my store - it is just a sampling of all that we can make .....
My husband and I are from Illinois we started this business a short time ago and the demand was high.auction circuit is great but costs money........so I searched online for a different avenue and found ecrater......but alas,,, have not had any sales yet,,store has been open about 2 weeks or so and no sales,,,, lots of views but no sales yet.....still doing the auction circuit for now but am really hoping to build upon something here with ecrater. I am confused how folks that have had a store for only a few days have sales already,, I do promote my site,,,,so what am I doing wrong?
I enjoy this forum and welcome any comments, suggestions or just chit chat from anyone......Best of luck to all .just wanted to kind of introduce myself! Laughing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater JS! I understand where you are coming from. I too promote and have been open about the same length of time. I think maybe that the events are part of the problem. Some people are still on holidays, some are just back and broke, many are getting kids back to school and feeling the pinch from school fees and so on. It is that time of the year. I am hoping to see an increase during September after everything is settling back down and people are starting to think about the holiday season.

Cheers and Good Luck - wish I had a solution for you.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening a web store takes time and commitment before you can come to a conclusion of it's success.

Search engines take 4-8 WEEKS to find you after you have submitted to them.
I have had my website addy for a few years. That site links to my ecrater store. SO my customers that I have built up in the past 7 years know they can go to my site and click to see what I have here on ecraters as well as what I have in auctions etc.
This didn't happen over night.

My guess is those that make sales within the first month either have an established web address that now links to their ecrater store
OR
they are pricing their items too low compared to other web stores. (not auction sites but real web stores)

I started on ecrater.com back in March of 2005 - about a year and a half ago. I hoped for a much better Christmas of 2005 then I had with my sales from ecraters. BUT now I have had a much better summer then I figured I would. So I am expecting a great Christmas.

So if you really want it to work, you have to commit to giving it time - at least one year before you decide it didn't work for you.

It appears to me that your items are teenage related in lots of ways. Have you considered a MYSPACE.com space for the purpose of advertising your items??
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are always so inspiring BigTall. I certainly do work hard at this. It is harder and more time consuming than going to work, but I think it will pay off in the end. I am hoping to have some business during Christmas though. I certainly am not going to give up after a few weeks.

I also realize that it takes time for the public. I have an amazing amount of traffic through my store with hits on just about everything (some more than other of course), so at least I know they are looking.

Thanks for the inspiration Big Tall. I also sell occasionally on Ebay and am promoting my store through there as well.

Cheers
joleesvintage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on my store here at ecrater every day. I opened only a few weeks ago also, I did not come here expecting to see sales right away, but have been encouraged at the traffic that has been there already. I moved here away from ebay. There, I had a store, absoutly no traffic and my store was hidden away and paying a high fee. I refuse to bow down to them and run expensive auctions just to get traffic to a invisible store front with no door. ecrater is a fresh, new beginning for me, I intend to work hard to promote it. I like the look, style and ease of eCrater and will encourage everyone I meet online to come over and take a look at this unique place. I still don't understand how they can offer such a great site at absoutly no charge, but that does tell me there are still good people in this world that can run a business without greed being their number one concern. Thanks eCrater, for giving me a new home!
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Here to that Jolees!!

It is nice to see.

Just to clarify, I didn't expect to see sales right away and do have lots of traffic; it just made me think that I may be doing something wrong when you read that so many others start and get sales within a couple weeks. I think that there are many factors at work here and only hard work and vigilance will see the growth and prosperity that we all would like to acheive.

Cheers
jsdecals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree totally,,,,, I didnt really have expectations as far as when I would get a sale, and like anything, it will take time,,, but when I saw so many posts of folks with sales after only being open a few days that really blew my mind! and then I thought maybe there was something I should be doing differently or doing something wrong,,,etc etc....
another outlet we are using which someone else may want to try if you can with what you sell, our town has a huge festival this weekend, and people are allowed to rent a booth and sell items- pretty much anything except food..so we rented a booth for the weekend and are really hoping to do well there.....PLease keep fingers crossed for us,,weatherman says RAIN for the weekend! Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: