eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Still baffled re: the shipping here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Still baffled re: the shipping here Reply with quote

OK finally I think I see some sense to that shipping matrix thing (I think?). BUT still have no clue how you include a handling charge? Or can't you? I am so unsure of it all I have just been typing in the closest pound on the details when I list and then putting in a fixed shipping price which I hate doing. Embarassed
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can't add in a handling charge separately -- it would just be figured into the shipping cost per weight..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a bummer.LOL I love this site but have to say the shipping thing is a drawback for me. I feel by putting a fixed shipping amount (so I can include handling) I lose customers in nearby states who are savvy enough to realize they are paying too much. I may but a note in my listings saying to contact me for shipping based on their zip code which will not be more than the amount stated but may be less??
richshobbydepot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrontPorchDreaming wrote:
Well that's a bummer.LOL I love this site but have to say the shipping thing is a drawback for me. I feel by putting a fixed shipping amount (so I can include handling) I lose customers in nearby states who are savvy enough to realize they are paying too much. I may but a note in my listings saying to contact me for shipping based on their zip code which will not be more than the amount stated but may be less??

For the Time Being, that's what you have to do. I put that statement in each of my listings. Assure them by telling them to contact you for actual shipping costs and if they buy before asking, offer a refund on the difference between quoted and actual. You might want to add some of those details in your FAQ. I took a look at your & it gave me an idea of some things to add.

Your store looks great. best of luck!

Rich
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich. I will go add it to that question thingee. Good thinking! Cool
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some things that I used the shipping matrix for... HOWEVER.... I just started adding my shipping & handling costs to the price of my item & offer free shipping to US.
Easier that way Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: