eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is Anyone Selling Anything?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevshuggablesplus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bummer for me as well. Just keep hanging in. I make everything in my store.
yankeerose75

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I had a purchase, but buyer never paid. then I had someone email me and say they was gonna make a puchase but never did.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
somethingpretty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Bev Reply with quote

those are the ones we love. Huh?
Wonder why people do that?
Bettye
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd as it may seem, I've never had no-pays until I came to eCrater.

I have been listing on eCrater since last August, and I am not making sales to speak of. Now I'm pretty much just listing books on Amazon & Half.com now and have always had steady sales there. Although eCrater listing is easy and fast, I am beginning to think that listing on eCrater has just been a waste of even that small amount of time, considering the flimsy sales and no-pays I've gotten, even though I submitted to search engines, etc.

Two days ago, for the first time since last August, when I closed my eBay store, I decided to list something on eBay. I'd had the item listed with the same pictures and listing copy, etc., for three months on eCrater, with not even a question and very few lookers. It was a very beautiful new pants suit, high quality with a bargain price. Actually I listed it higher on eBay because of the fees. I listed as auction or buy-it-now.

Within six hours of my listing on eBay, the item was purchased and paid for. eBay fees are high, for sure, but some sales with high fees and some profit are better than no sales at all. And the whole ebay thing is streamlined as far as nice packing slips, automatic information entry into PayPal shipping label, etc. I have really been ticked off with eBay, particularly because my eBay store became invisible in the search (an un-numbered door on an un-named street, so to speak), but eBay is beginning to look appealing right now.

An important thing that bothers me about eCrater is that there is no accountability. Buyers just stroll in any time without having to register, place orders, and then don't pay. There is nothing the seller can do about it. No public way to post feedback for a scammer or deadbeat buyer.

And on the other hand there is apparently no accountability for a seller either. On July 12 I placed an order and paid immediately by Google Checkout. Also received a receipt from GC for the order. Time passed. E-mailed the seller, who said they hadn't gotten notice of the sale and had no record of the sale from their eCrater account. Said would check with eC and GC. Time passed. On July 29 I e-mailed again requesting status. E-mailed same request on Aug 7. Still no reply.

It's probably a Google Checkout glitch for a seller who has just set up a GC merchant account. However, when I had my first sale with GC and had a glitch, I e-mailed them and it was taken care of right away. Have had no problems since, and processing of the order was delayed no more than 24 hours.

In my last e-mail to the seller I explained what had probably happened, in light of my first experience as a seller with GC. Just no reply, and seller has obviously not checked with Google C to complete my transaction and actually charge my credit card.

So here it is a month since my order was placed, and I'm still sitting in limbo without my purchase, which was for my grandson. Rolling Eyes

As far as I can tell there is no way to post feedback for this seller, since the seller hasn't followed through and charged my credit card through GC. Or is there? Confused

Warmest Regards,

Donna

P.S. I really do like eCrater and have been cheering for eCrater as we posted more and more listings and eCrater climbed higher and highter on the PSU ranking chart. (And the currently free Google Checkout is a beautiful thing.) If I could just make some sales, I would be happy. I guess tonight I'm a little down.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An important thing that bothers me about eCrater is that there is no accountability. Buyers just stroll in any time without having to register, place orders, and then don't pay. There is nothing the seller can do about it. No public way to post feedback for a scammer or deadbeat buyer.

That's because eCrater really is set up to be a standalone webstore, just like setting up an individual website. On the surface it looks like another multi-seller venue but that's really only the surface appearance.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really want someone to be in charge of our stores but us? I like it that we don't have to go through all that notifying of non-paying buyer, blah, blah, blah. That got old. If the buyer doesn't follow through I just leave it for some other buyer to purchase it. I don't even like having buyer feedback let alone any other stuff that was on the E.

Just my opinion.

Joyce
Promote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like it that we don't have to go through all that notifying of non-paying buyer, blah, blah, blah.

I AGREE!!! at the "E" place.... we get charged for all those non-pays & then we have to do an npb to get them back.

Here.... big whoop if someone doesn't pay. I just keep on going with the paid orders & if a check does happen to show up in the mail.... goodie. Laughing

If you have 1 of a kind things... then in your terms, add "items will only be held 10 days upon ordering with a check" or something like that...
maybe "not held until checks are received"....

We have many of the same items, so I don't worry about that.
clothingbay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have been here for 2 weeks...lots of hits but no sells yet Crying or Very sad

I submitted by store to all the search engines out there, and I promote my store through reallysmartdeals & linkreferral. I also write articles on writing.com

I usually list on Overstock auctions, which I have had several sales..I mean I sell around 5 to 6 items when I list, but I have lots of stuff to sell and don't want to put all there. I plan in sending my previous buyers the info to this store. I have several repeat buyers so I am sure they will come here to buy...hopefully Confused

Anyways, I just can't wait to post "I Got My First Sale"...lol!

www.clothingbay.ecrater.com
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed off 4 packages this morning, it seems to come in spurts. 2 of the buyers must have found me on Google, they bought off-the-wall items, nothing that I really push. But that may be it for another week or so!

I start back to school tomorrow, so will see how my shop does 'on it's own' and can then decide what to do with it.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try searching eCRATER for SOLD. It at least gives you an indicator of what is happening. Many sellers do not post Sold logos (and those are taken down after 2 weeks), or they take items down as soon as they are sold - so it doesn't tell you everything. However, I did some poking around this weekend and found it interesting.
debmode

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed a little on ebay today for the listing sale and found it grueling (and Slow!). I just enjoy listing here more. I have had a whopping 3 sales but there is something about here that just feels better. Maybe it is the feeling that it is mine. Maybe I just have a gut feeling ecrater is going to grow.
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened my eCrater store a few days ago and don't have a lot in it yet. But I'm amazed at the number of hits I've been getting compared to what I'd get on eBay! Haven't made a sale yet but I sure do like the fees here! Very Happy And it's SO much easier to revise a listing here...LOVE that!
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: SEARCHING FOR SOLD TAGS Reply with quote

Not sure that searching for SOLD tags will tell you much as I have 18 sales so far this month but have only posted 2 Sold Tags as all the other items, I have than one of that item. I only post a SOLD tag when I sell the last of a specific item Exclamation
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and seller has obviously not checked with Google C to complete my transaction and actually charge my credit card.

I wish google would do this automatically upon signing up... however...
you CAN set your preferences to automatically charge the credit card.
I just found that after forgetting to do it manually in google checkout.
Now my orders are going thru smooth as silk.

Aug. has been great for sales... much better than July! I think everyone must have just been on vacations in July. Cool
yankeerose75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. 2 sales this month. 1 offsite and 1 onsite..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: