eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory Control Added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondpiano2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it on an item where I ordered more than my inventory, and it caught it. But, I only take GCO and Paypal, so it should work like a charm for me. Thanks, I like it.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this in the help area but I had three Powerpuff Girls keychains. I got two orders from the same person (one was not completed) through Google and the whole thing was hidden and the amount went back to 0. Is this normal? Do I have to reset the item manually? I think I read something on this but didn't find it when I needed to look at it. Thanks

Joyce

Update - I emailed buyer - she wanted all three and apparently changed the quantity to 3 but why did the invoice not change to show price for three of them instead of just one? Weird.

Joyce
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
anothertimepostcards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowseeker wrote:
Quote:
It works with Paypal and Google Checkout. For seller's protection it does not work with other payment methods. If this was allowed the buyers could have been able to "hide" your products by placing non-paid orders.

I am glad to see you finally have inventory control, but I really DON'T understand the logic of the above statement. If someone comes to my store and goes through the checkout and says they are paying me then why does it matter if I hide the item or the system hides the item? Either way the item has to be hid until it's paid for or not paid for unless this is an attempt to force all sellers to either use Pay Pal or google check out.

My point here is there is still the confusion and you haven't solved our problem ..... one of the members is experiencing this already. Having something that works half way is not solving the promblem IMHO.

Why assume buyers are going go through check out and not pay for an item? Once they go through checkout they are committed to buying the item....right??? I have sold several of a popular item on here already....quite a few of the item were paid by check or MO and no one who completed the checkout did not pay. If they changed their mind they contacted me and asked me to cancel the order. This half working inventory control doesn't make any sense. Either way...if a buyer says they want to buy something if you are a responsible seller you put the item on hold...right???

Is anyone else wondering about this?

Smile
Hi Rainbow!
I am SO GLAD that you posted all of these comments! I have read everyone of these messages on this "inventory control issue".
I started a topic on this issue last week.......please read the comments there!

....HELP topic....(Sold listings still showing up).........Just prior to the 10th of August. Topic has been locked! By Mr. Big!

I normally stay away from forums but needed advice about this serious matter.
I received a few helpful replies but many more replies that had NOTHING to do with this issue........just members who like to go on about nothing and turn your concerns into heated discussions about not respecting or appreciating "The Free ecrater!"

I am so glad that Mr. Big locked my topic on this issue!
However, it does show that he has more control around here than anyone else and his opinion about "no inventory control" for checks and money orders.....DOES MATTER!
This is just my opinion but I am sure he has a little to say about what happens here since he is here all the time and tries to help everyone.

Mr. Big is probably right about most everything he posts but I think he is way off base with not wanting inventory control for ALL items!
I don't think that he should express himself SO STRONGLY over not needing this Just because HE DOES NOT want it nor sees the importance of it!
I am glad and satisfied with what ecrater now offers but do not see why on earth this control cannot be for all items!
I hear this option was just added and am glad I was not here before this........only been here a week.

I sell vintage items that are mostly "one of a kind"!
I cannot come up with the second...third...of the same item!
So I guess we have to keep a close eye and mark items sold if a buyer pays with a money order.
I will post a message over this issue in each one of my listings....just in case!
This way the customer knows there is a chance of losing out on this item if not paid for "instantly by Paypal or Google"!

My upmost priority and concern is customer satisfaction and I know this is your priority as well by reading your messages.
Unfortunately it seems that we are a............. "whole other kettle of fish".........LOL....as one person put it .....in the other topic forum!
But I would rather be in the kettle with the fish who care about their customers!!

I just can't get it through my head that sellers are so worried about not getting paid for an item that they would rather take the chance and sell it again!
NOT PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!!!!!
The item can ALWAYS be relisted.......FOR FREE!!!
Of course most of these sellers have many items of one kind.
Still makes no sense ....as you say.....don't understand the logic!

I am probably going to get harassed by this message as well but I wanted you to know that you are "NOT ALONE" by feeling the way you have expressed over this issue!
I am 100% with you!
I am sure that there are a lot of other sellers out there who feel the same way too!
Members made me feel that I was out of line by thinking this way about this issue on the other post so I was so glad to see your messages and know that I am not alone! Thank You!

Now...Just want everyone to know that I do like ecrater.....I do appreciate this free site!
I like the fact that every store looks professional and equal! Very CLEAN!
VERY nice!

Also...the "logic" that ecrater may have over this issue, may not be about the normal non-paying buyer!
It may be about someone who does not want your competition and buys your items to get them off the market!
Who knows, but I feel that ecrater probably is protecting us from more than just the occasional non-payer.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr. Big is probably right about most everything he posts but I think he is way off base with not wanting inventory control for ALL items!
I don't think that he should express himself SO STRONGLY over not needing this Just because HE DOES NOT want it nor sees the importance of it!
I am glad and satisfied with what ecrater now offers but do not see why on earth this control cannot be for all items!
I hear this option was just added and am glad I was not here before this........only been here a week.

Don't matter what I want. I am just explaining the way it is.
Heck, I have wanted the ability ot copy an ad since 2005 and we still don't have that.
That's how inventory control works here - only immediate payments effect inventory as only immediate payments can leave feedback. Just the way it is.
anothertimepostcards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:

Don't matter what I want. I am just explaining the way it is.
Heck, I have wanted the ability ot copy an ad since 2005 and we still don't have that.
That's how inventory control works here - only immediate payments effect inventory as only immediate payments can leave feedback. Just the way it is.

Thanks Mr. Big for allowing us the "freedom of speech"!
You are so professional!

I do not mean to offend anyone in my messages but some of these issues are pretty serious and we need to be able to express our concerns without users coming out of the peanut gallery and offending us!
These users do not even stay on the issue in question!

Anyway~~~~~Thanks for not getting upset over our opinions!
You are a true professional!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: