eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bad google problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onesiewrappers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Bad google problem Reply with quote

I know I read something about this but it REALLY needs to be fixed...
When someone comes into my store FROM google... they can only put 1 item from my store in their cart. Now I sell candywrapper templates & my customers buy, on an average, 6 or more items. One lady bought 50.

Luckily this last lady called & I was aware of the problem & talked her through how to get directly to my store.
But how many more just give up???

PLEASE>>>PLEASE>>>>PLEASE figure out a way that when they find my store in google... they can order more than 1 item!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested it and if they click on CONTINUE shopping it works just fine.
of course if they click on google checkout -- they checkout.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I just tested it and if they click on CONTINUE shopping it works just fine.

But that's only if the Google result they clicked in from was a link to the actual store. If the link was to eCrater proper "Continue Shopping" will take the buyer back to eCrater proper.

There definitely should be a clearer path for the customer to the actual store. Even just a second button called "Continue Shopping in [store name]" would be great.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the link was to eCrater proper "Continue Shopping" will take the buyer back to eCrater proper.

Yes and it's always been that way.
BUT what onesiewrappers is saying is that the cart won't let them continue to shop.
Quote:
they can only put 1 item from my store in their cart.

That's simply because they did not click on continue to shop which does take them back to www.ecrater.com
that's exactly how I tested it, came in from a search on google for candywrapper templates put one in the cart I clicked on CONTINUE TO SHOP went to www.ecrater.com searched for candywrapper templates put another in the cart (the first one was still there) and repeated it again, then clicked on google checkout. Got to google and everything was in my cart, it applied shipping and then I stopped as I didn't want to really order the stuff.
onesiewrappers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well she went into my store direct & got the order thru fine.....
I also tested it many different ways from google & it is going fine.
Maybe she was pressing wrong button or googled ecrater & then searched within.... who knows....
I got her order anyway.
Oh well... hopefully it was a problem on her end & not here!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if Dimitar would chime in on this subject. I almost lost a sale yesterday because the woman bought the item, clicked to choose paypal and didn't realize she hadn't paid. Since we had been in close communication for 2 days and it was going to go Express I contacted her and she paid the invoice I sent.

If I have one complaint about ecrater, it is how to direct a shopper into the store from a search engine, and then how to check out. BigTall you know the system inside out so it always works for you but my last purchase on ecrater, and certainly not my first, I lost all but the last item in my cart. So I had to go back and find them all over again. It was a big store so not a speedy process. Then I had to enter all my information into the checkout form again. If your husband is waiting for his dinner, the kids are fighting and you can smell the roast burning, you just pack it in unless you were shopping for earplugs and a stove with automatic shut-off.
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Redirect to categories Reply with quote

Yes, the same thing happened to me and I often wonder how many sales we miss because of abandoned shopping cart.

Right now I am having real trouble with integrating google checkout
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: