eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

August Sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: August Sales Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

How are you finding sales in August? I have not been in the forums much over the past 7 to 10 days as sales were down and I have been breaking into a sweat to make sure that my sales will continue to improve month on month, needed arounf 40 sales plus for August to keep sales growing and was struggling before this weekend.
With a lot of letter writing and promoting, had a great day Yesterday. Monday! Orders from the UK and Canada yesterday for 45 items, so I can rest a little easy for what is left of the rest of the month knowing that August will be my best month yet on ecrater.

Will put some more time into my thread on Selling and Promoting. Have some interesting places for you to promote and place links.

Good Luck to all, Hope the end of August is good to everybody Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
beadkeeper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Just got my 4th sale of the month!!! Now I'm getting jazzed... this may be the best find of my selling life!
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good for you! I haven't had a sale yet but I haven't been here long either. Smile

Lynn
albienco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any sales in a while. However, I had been neglecting my store so it's my own fault. Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things in the next few weeks.

Congrats on your sales.
TheyGrewAgain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put mine on hold from August 1-21st and just started adding new listings again today, so my total for the month is Ziltch!

Whoo Hoo for you though, I'll be working on promoting once I get my inventory level up, right now I'm aiming for 300 items and I'm only half way there.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 paid sales on Ecrater so far this month, 12 on the website. Things are picking up all over, 4 sales on Ecrater in the last week - I've noticed they come in early in the month and late in the month, the middle of the month, not much stirring, odd!

Just about to launch into my busy season, and I am ready - stocked for the holidays clear through til Valentine's Day (yeah, I'm BROKE LOL) Tons of listings to get ready, but I am psyched - bring it on!

For those of you "peeking in" from Ebay, don't let the numbers fool you. I would have sold double what I've sold this month on Ebay - but I'd only be getting $18.95 a ring that I can get $38-$48 here, if I was lucky, plus the FVF and listing fees. Less sales maybe here, but the profit margin is fabulous, it's mostly YOUR money to be pocketed!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had my 6th sales in August this morning - one more than last month. Hope it keeps going.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://oldtimevalues.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
clothingbay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 4 sales so far...and 4 sales via auction site... Wink But I want more...lol!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more paid sales on Ecrater, and a $250 Danish sale on the website - YEAHBABY, the shopping season is HERE!
funcoolcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
For those of you "peeking in" from Ebay, don't let the numbers fool you. I would have sold double what I've sold this month on Ebay - but I'd only be getting $18.95 a ring that I can get $38-$48 here, if I was lucky, plus the FVF and listing fees. Less sales maybe here, but the profit margin is fabulous, it's mostly YOUR money to be pocketed!

That's a very important point eleganza as I have had to remind myself of this often. I have had 22 paid sales for the month of August (9 paid through FREE Google Checkout) and while some people might think "great", a month of full ebay listings for me would yield way over 100 items sold. BUT after all the ebay fees, listing fees, paypal fees etc...it's just not as sweet as selling here. And in the long run, it's looking better and better!

Bring on the holiday shopping season! Very Happy
albienco

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love hearing about sales. It gives me hope.
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear sales being made, i have been here for about 3 weeks now and had my 12th sale, 11 through google and one check. I like it here, no fee's and a great looking site. I just wish there was a way to know where the hits were coming from, which search engine, but no matter sales are sales. Not like Amazon where i sell one item a week if i am lucky, might jut close that venue down and speed my time here and working on a website, it is free for listing, but it takes time to play with a site that does not produce.
Best of luck all.

Scott
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Three Sales Reply with quote

I have had three sales this month.

One on Amazon and two here. I am priced competitively so I am hoping the word gets out.

I got one on google and one on paypal.

I added a note that with Paypal they need not have an account.
The one sale the lady wanted to use Google but I had problems and could not get it set up. I told her to use Paypal. She thought she had to have a Paypal account. I have since added a note that you do not have to have a Paypal account to use it. They merely process credit cards and have the highest security.

Don't expect much over the weekend.
binkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I added a note that with Paypal they need not have an account.

Most dont' know this (Sellers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: