eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question for BigTall ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Question for BigTall ... Reply with quote

I noticed you only accept BidPay for International sales. I used BidPay for everything because it was free to the seller
but then they closed their doors. Does the new BidPay charge less than PayPal for their International rates?

TIA
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for BigTall ... Reply with quote

TheBookCorner wrote:
I noticed you only accept BidPay for International sales. I used BidPay for everything because it was free to the seller
but then they closed their doors. Does the new BidPay charge less than PayPal for their International rates?

TIA

LOL! you noticed an OLD listing. Prior to Western Union closing up BidPay. I will NOT use the new BidPay - not for nothing!
I just don't have time to go in every listing and correct it. Since it doesn't seem to be an issue with buyers I am not taking the time to weed through 2300+ items to fix those tht still have that option.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so sure I had gotten rid of that black cloud which follows me around but there I went and picked out that item! LOL

I sure hope another question is not out of line but would like to ask:
With PayPal do you accept only their verified customers?

On eBay I accepted all of PayPal customers and never had any problems, but guess I figured eBay would help if something went wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha

Now having with my own store would it be safer to go with only verified customers?

Thanks again as you are so very generous with your help!
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops - Sorry about that last post as I forgot who I was! Laughing
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtticTreasures wrote:
I was so sure I had gotten rid of that black cloud which follows me around but there I went and picked out that item! LOL

I sure hope another question is not out of line but would like to ask:
With PayPal do you accept only their verified customers?

On eBay I accepted all of PayPal customers and never had any problems, but guess I figured eBay would help if something went wrong. Ha Ha Ha Ha

Now having with my own store would it be safer to go with only verified customers?

Thanks again as you are so very generous with your help!

I do not think that is that verified only is an option when it comes to using PayPal with a shoppign cart. I could be wrong - BUT a buyer does not even have to register with PayPal to pay you using PayPal so how would they have to be verified to top it off.

Funny thing, I have had a PayPal account for like ever - back in the days they paid $10 for each person you signed up - anyways, I just got myself verified last week, lol.

I ship to anyone that pays me. I will ship to any address they want me too. NOW, if it's a $500 order or something, that would be different, but under $100 - well somethings are just the cost of doing business. I have yet to have a problem when it comes to the ship to address.

ONE MORE THING --- there is NO ADDRESS at all on the PayPal payment when they pay for a purchase from this site. SO with that in mind --- I don't think you can say verified only address even if you wanted too. I mean how would you even know? The address is on the ecrater order not on the PayPal detail. Heck, the item isn't even on the PayPal detail only the order number.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and if you do your postage online through PayPal they'll tell you you're not covered by the SPP.

I think whether it's really risky or not may depend on the type of items being sold. Myself, I haven't had any problems in the past couple of years that I've been selling online but it certainly does happen...
radarplus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. when using Paypal - do you guys wait and ship the item 'after' the funds are showing in your Paypal account, or do you send it once you receive the email from Paypal advising that the funds are ready to be transferred?.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radarplus wrote:
So.. when using Paypal - do you guys wait and ship the item 'after' the funds are showing in your Paypal account, or do you send it once you receive the email from Paypal advising that the funds are ready to be transferred?.

I never ever ship anything til I got the money in my account. Not until it says completed.

IT's way too easy to send an email that looks like it came from PP but it's a fake. I don't ever look at my PP emails. I look at the detail on my account.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radarplus wrote:

I'm not sure I understand. When I receive the notification from PayPal that someone has just paid me then the money is in my account then, right? Unless it's an eCheck, of course.

So I ship when I get the notification. I always doublecheck the account before actually shipping, though, as part of my process.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. When I receive the notification from PayPal that someone has just paid me then the money is in my account then, right? Unless it's an eCheck, of course.

NOT always!
I have seen international cc as pending. Not sure why or what the reason is but it does happen.

And of course eChecks - always wait on those - I think about 1/3 of my eCheck payments never actually clear Sad
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think you can say verified only address even if you wanted too. I mean how would you even know? The address is on the ecrater order not on the PayPal detail.

You can set your preferences at PP to only accept confirmed addresses. Then when a buyer uses a different address, it won't go through, unless you go in and allow it. I've done it a few times.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

I have seen international cc as pending. Not sure why or what the reason is but it does happen.

But the notification will tell you the payment is pending, I assume?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
Quote:
I don't think you can say verified only address even if you wanted too. I mean how would you even know? The address is on the ecrater order not on the PayPal detail.

You can set your preferences at PP to only accept confirmed addresses. Then when a buyer uses a different address, it won't go through, unless you go in and allow it. I've done it a few times.

When PP is used with a shopping cart
the buyer does not even have to register with PP to pay the seller.
SO, how are seller preferences on PP effected when it's used with a shopping cart - like here?
Doesn't the cart over rule those?
My ecrater.com PayPal payments rarely ever even have an address
I would hate to think folks are losing sales because how they set PP up to use with ebay.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
BigTallMensClothing wrote:

But the notification will tell you the payment is pending, I assume?

Sorry, can't tell you .... I never look they just automatically go into a folder. I solely go by what my PP account shows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: