eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is Anyone Selling??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dghjunk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Is Anyone Selling?? Reply with quote

Hi, we have been on for a while now and haven't sold anything. We have had lots of looks but that is all. Is anyone selling anything? Please we need a sale. Have a great day!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DeNatura

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm newbie. have had some visits. Patience, persistence and more patience something will arise!!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Suggestions. Do something with your home page. It doesn't look like you are open. This is the way the counterfeiters open. List some stuff but don't bother with the home page as they know they will be shut down or disappear quickly. I know you are not a scammer. Just do something with your home page to make people want to look.

Another suggestion is to sign up for paypal or google. Your items are not very expensive so the idea of paying for a money order or check fee and a stamp added to the price is a deterrent. Your prices are low so you could raise them 50 cents each to cover the processing fees of PP or GC. GC is free for the rest of the year.

You also don't have many items to choose from. Add some more. I don't know how long you've given it so far but try to add a lot of collectibles for the holiday shopping season.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been selling ALOT the past few weeks.

What promoting of your store have you done to bring in your buyers?
This is not a list it they will buy it type of site - it's your own webstore and needs promoting by you.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to both newbies and welcome. You might think about changing the picture on your store page to reflect something about your business. You should also feature some categories down below. Have your filled in all the information about terms, meta tags, etc. If you need information there is a lot of it on how to make your store look great. Check out the help section and the read before setting up your store, etc. Maybe those things will help. Like BTM says you have to do your own promotion.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://oldtimevalues.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope not selling. Been on ecrater for almost a year and hardly sold anything. It's really a waste of time here, but it is free so I'll leave my stuff up until they start to charge.

I sell VERY well in other places though so Ecrater is just a storage place for my stuff for me - if something sells great, if not it's definitely selling elsewhere.

Again though, nobody has HEARD of ecrater so your average buyer isn't going to buy from here and as ecrater does no advertising thats not likely to change Sad

It really is a pity as it's a nice site and very easy to use.
binkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started sellig from eCRATER the first of July, 2007.

My first sale was July 8th. My total sales since have been in the triple digets with an increase each month.

Binkie Direct
Binkie Enterprises
www.binkiedirect.net
www.binkiedirect.com
mythreesonsmarketplace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't sold a thing since I opened my store a little over a month ago. I was hoping to move over here from my other store since it is so much cheaper. I really like this site, easy to use, looks nice, but I've done a few advertising things and nothing works! Sad I visit traffic exchange sites, business cards, advertising flyers that go out w/ ebay packages, created a webiste, did blogs etc)
I'm not a big store, just a one-mom operation, but I was hopeful that I could save fees here and be mildly successful. I just don't have time to do anymore advertising! Guess this site isn't for me!
TheyGrewAgain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not selling a lot right now, then again I'm doing minimal marketing, busy with home stuff, that'll change now that school's back in session.

Just started back on ebay with things I know will sell, my goal there is 100% sellthrough, and including my ecrater store address with all my packages and emails.

Most of what I have here now is off season, so I'll park it here, as you can sell it if it isn't listed!
smdjewelry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no sales yet for me, but I've only been open for a month. Been trying to market as much as possible and keep adding new things. Hoping that the upcoming holiday season will bring me some sales! Smile

Danielle

http://smdjewelry.ecrater.com
binkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mythreesonsmarketplace
You have a very nice looking store but you haven't put in any meta tags! The bots can't find you!!
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the newbies.You have to keep promoting and the sales will come.Promote everywhere you can think of and then some!
debmode

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store does look good maybe give it more time, atleast you are not paying a bunch of fees. I do not have metatags either. I do need to look in the solutions board and figure them out. I keep putting it off. Are they really that important ? Yes I am looking for motivation to do them !
mythreesonsmarketplace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binkie- Thanks for yout compliment!! I really appreciate it since I am so new and insecure with all this.
I have heard the metatags mentioned and think that I fill them out when I list items (or maybe I'm thinking of another site!). In any case, thankls foe your suggestion and Ill go try and figure that out now! Very Happy
binkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Edit Texts in your Administrative Tools and add them there.

Mine look like this:

<title>Binkie Direct a Division of Binkie Enterprises Shipping Included on All Office Computer Chairs</title>

<meta name="description" content="Binkie Direct Binkie Enterprises a division of Binkie Enterprises Office Star Computer Office Desk Student Office Chairs
Sitesafe Semi Flatbed Trucker Pontoon Boat Dog Ladder Tractor Seat Martha Washington Style">

<meta name="keywords" content="office,chair,boss,star,officestar,sealy,executive,leather,fabric,
ergonomic,mesh,computer,sitesafe,semi,truck,trucker,flatbed,trailer,
ladder,prostep,pontoon,boat,dog,cat,pet,step,dock,tooner, toonerI,tooner1,tooner one,binkiedirect,binkie,direct,prostep,ilo,wellcase,welltrust,kuoching,xinli,
chinapower,henglin,dob,botai,china,power,tractor,seat,blue,pink,red,green
,black,brown,wine,chocolate,expresso,martha,washington,style,traditional,hitech,high,back,ultra,modern,hibk,hiback,highback,contemporary">

Last edited by binkie on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: