eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory Control Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawaiibento

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Inventory Control Problems Reply with quote

Why does inventory control only sometimes work? While I was at work today i had two orders. The first paid by money order and the second paid by Google. The problem is that two of the items purchased by both of them were the only ones I had in stock. So ecrater allowed my second customer to buy items that had already been sold to the first customer. I smoothed it over by sending a refund forthe sold items and some different replacement items free of charge, but obviously this is not good. Is this bug going to be fixed?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inventory control ONLY works with INSTANT PAYMENTS!
Most sellers dont' consider it sold uuntil cash is received.
Justonceonline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it worked better with instant payments. I have had four PayPal payments that were never removed until I checked to make sure....four days had passed.

And I have twice had the same items purchased by two separate buyers and paid quickly with PayPal....so I had to apologize to the second buyers and refund through PayPal on the two duplicate buys. In both cases there was only a quantity of one available.

Franci at JustonceOnline
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any problem with the item being hidden when it is paid for instantly. The only time it doesn't hide it is if someone doesn't pay right away or they check another method of payment.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
kawaiibento

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Inventory control ONLY works with INSTANT PAYMENTS!
Most sellers dont' consider it sold uuntil cash is received.

Of course I realize that now but it doesn't make any sense to have it work that way. It's not a race as to who can get me the money first. If someone makes an order and chooses to pay by check then they have a reasonable expectation that the items they purchased will be reserved for them until payment arrives. If this happened tot yyou wht would you do? Tell the first buyer "Oh, sorry but someone else paid me for it first. You're SOL"? How is that good customer service? Both of these buyers were good repeat buyers of mine. I owe them better than that, and I can't be available 24/7 to make sure sold items get hidden afterwards.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course I realize that now but it doesn't make any sense to have it work that way.

Makes aALOT of sense to me since most of the time the money order payments never pay!

Quote:
If this happened tot yyou wht would you do? Tell the first buyer "Oh, sorry but someone else paid me for it first. You're SOL"? How is that good customer service? Both of these buyers were good repeat buyers of mine. I owe them better than that, and I can't be available 24/7 to make sure sold items get hidden afterwards.

I immediately email every one that claims they are paying by money order and explain the item is not sold until the payment is received.
Those that contact me - then I hold it for them. Those that don't take the risk - but money order orders are normally not real orders for me -
People that buy what I sell normally pay by cc online. That's the purpose of shopping online - quick fast payment!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting quite a few people that say they are paying by PayPal that don't ever pay lately. I don't know what the deal is but I just sold something and the person still hasn't paid with PayPal. I usually give them 2-3 days and then send an email seeing if they are still interested. This person makes the 3rd person to do that in the last month. I'm glad that the items aren't hidden as some people just like to play around.

Joyce
kawaiibento

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'd prefer to at least have the option of haviing it work for all payment types. This buyer has always sent payment for her orders before and I will not treat her a though she won't.
cascadeacres

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I haven't had any problem with the item being hidden when it is paid for instantly. The only time it doesn't hide it is if someone doesn't pay right away or they check another method of payment."

I had that problem happen to me just about 10 minutes ago. I had to go and physically delete the item since the inventory control was not working. They made an instant payment thru Paypal.

I also had another problem with shipping being charged by PayPal on a free shipping item. I have to look into that one.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: