eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seaglassdesigns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in how everyone is driving traffic to their site - any ideas for a Newbie?

Also, what is Google Adwords?

Gosh - I'm sort of lost here. Lol - probably how everyone feels in the beginning, huh?

Lyn
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you read this thread
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4
sassyscents

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Sales?? Reply with quote

I"ve had my store opened and stocked for about a month now. I have added the website to many different directories to draw traffic and I have a lot of lookers, but no buyers. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Crying or Very sad
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sales?? Reply with quote

SassyScents wrote:
I"ve had my store opened and stocked for about a month now. I have added the website to many different directories to draw traffic and I have a lot of lookers, but no buyers. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Crying or Very sad

At a quick glance - cuz I got things to do, lol -

This is one of your descriptions
Quote:
Our creamy, foaming anti-bacterial hand soap in your favorite fragrance for the bath, kitchen, RV or even work! This unusual mechanism allows the fragrance liquid soap to turn into a creamy foam in your hands when dispensed! Kids love this and will ask to wash their hands just to use this soap.

Problems in description -
Repeat KEY WORDS get you better placement.
Don't tell me the size.
The brand
the type --- like pump action or press doewn, etc

Just a quick suggestion

$5.95 shipping for a $4 item seems crazy - I know shipping cost don't have anything to do with the price of the item BUT to get this $4 item it would cost me $10. Why would anyone pay that?
sassyscents

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Sales Reply with quote

Thanks BT... I know if you are like me...there is absolutely nothing else we have on our plates!!! Laughing

I appreciate the feedback and I will update the descriptions to show the "pump" action for this product.

I'm drawing the traffic in, so I don't know if the keywords are the problem. The size of the product is listed in the "name of the product" that way they know upfront, but I will add it to the description as well.

I am currently using the weight scales at the smallest weight possible (Small 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 pounds). All orders are shipped USPS Priority Mail due to the vulnerability of our warm weather. This also is to encourage purchasing of additional items to save on shipping. I understand $5.95 shipping for one product is somewhat high, but I don't know of any other method to use the current shipping matrix and allow a combined shipping rate for any purchase.

I appreciate any and all feedback. I am anxious to hear if anyone else has found a method for combined shipping and not charging shipping per item.

Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also manipulate the shipping matrix for lighter weights. After all, the system doesn't actually know the weights of the items -- only what you tell it. Even though the columns say specific weights you can pretend they're whatever you like and start the base amount lower. I have trouble explaining it but there are a couple of good threads around here somewhere on this topic..
sassyscents

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
You can also manipulate the shipping matrix for lighter weights. After all, the system doesn't actually know the weights of the items -- only what you tell it. Even though the columns say specific weights you can pretend they're whatever you like and start the base amount lower. I have trouble explaining it but there are a couple of good threads around here somewhere on this topic..

Thanks! I will do my best to deceive the shipping matrix to accomodate my customers to be! Laughing

Still don't know if the shipping cost are the only reasons for no sales at this point. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: