eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Well Hello there everyone....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepatternstop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Well Hello there everyone.... Reply with quote

I just opened an store here on ecrater yesterday and am still a little confused on a few things....

1) Shipping - I sell crochet/knitting patterns so for shipping I charge $2.99US for Canada & US then $5.00US for International shipping. After I selected all the countries I wanted to ship to on my setup screen I went in and put rather $2.99 or $5.00 in each box under column 1. Is this right? I left all the other boxes blank? Now I do offer combined shipping at $1.00US per additional pattern listing purchased so where do I put this?

2) Where do I go about getting a store logo and how do I upload it to my store?

3) And, this is probably an easy one (but not for me...LOL) ... How do I create a listing? I dont see anything under the link to my store admin?

4) Is Google pay used often by customers? I currently accept Paypal and Money Orders but if any of your customers use the Google pay, I would definately consider getting it as well...

Okay, thats all the questions I have for now.... Until my mind goes onto its next idea... LOL

Thank you all so much!
thepatternstop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Sorry, me again... Reply with quote

Okay, I found the spot where you add a listing Embarassed but I just have another question,

1) I have uploaded the pictures to my listing but it is cutting off the top of the image? Does anyone know how to correct this?

2) I just clicked the flat rate for the shipping on this page do I still have to have $'s in the boxes in the shipping link? Or should I leave them blank?

Thank you all again!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping:
You have the choice of using a flat rate per item or setting up the shipping matrix (for weight-based calculation). You can automatically combine shipping with weight-based but not in a manner like adding a dollar for each pattern. You can't combine at all using the flat rate (unless you do it manually by sending the buyer an invoice or refunding the difference).

Store Logo:
You can make one yourself or pay someone else to make one for you. I believe there are a few people hanging around here who can help you out.

Square Images:
Take a look at some of the other eCrater stores (click the WWW buttons in these posts). You'll see that the square, cropped images are what's used for thumbnail images and for the featured categories on the front page of each store. However, when you go into an actual listing you'll see the photo as it's meant to be (and you can even click to enlarge it).

I know some people use a program called 'A Square Image' to easily crop their photos into squares so that it looks as good as it can. I forget the URL but Google that phrase and you'll find it.

I'm sure someone else will be along to answer some of the other stuff. Have fun!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GrammasAttic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a lot of people who have stores here on ecrater I use square image.

I use it for all the photos in the store, thus saving me a lot of time in listing.

Set your ilmage to 400 x 400 pixels and crop away.

You can download it at http://www.trivista.com/products/asquareimage/

Hope this helps,

Dave
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only photo that ecrater.com will automatic crop is the thumbnail next to the title and all featured category images used.
So it is reccommended that you use a square image - any size - on those - just make sure it's square. That includes the first image in your product. The other images in your product can be any shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: