eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is Anyone Selling??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: binkie another question Reply with quote

I am in the keywords. I have cleared what I have in there previously.

However I am unable to get the last letter out. I have tried everything and it will not vanish.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make Baby Gifts Express your title instead of babygiftsexpress

I have no clue why you can't get the "m" out of the keywords. Try and type up your keywords in Notepad and copy/paste into your keyword field.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Selling Reply with quote

I see an increase in early Christmas bargain shoppers. Some of which buy from my other site and stumbled upon the new samples that I posted here a couple months ago.

Mary
helcha1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the business report Monday that said on line Christmas shopping will be down from last year 20%. Also people will not be paying extra for Christmas wrapped presents or anything that will cost them extra. Projected is that gifts will be smaller and less expensive and tend toward practical items. I predict as usual there will be the 'early' shoppers and then the last 'rush' shoppers. We'll see.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: MSN Reply with quote

MSN this morning had a report that people would be spending 18% more on Christmas this year!

They stated that until the jobs report is down and money is flowing in/out that regardless of grocery and gasoline prices people were still spending??

I know our spending is down in our household, but it is primarily because we don't need anything and are downsizing and getting rid of THINGS.

Mary
helcha1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that overall Holiday shopping? Was the report regarding online? If so, who can we believe?
I know what I see all around me, people are tightening up on spending. It's catching up. Credit cards are bouncing all over the place. In our area SUV's are more then plentiful, I see people buying 10 - 15.00 when at the gas pump. That's not a good sign. Children cost allot of money, school supplies just took a healthy chunk of money. And the government is talking about a 'war tax' Personally I think allot of people will continue to hold back or limit spending on the 'fun' things. Walmart is very busy with young parents buying things for their kids.
Sales are down all the way around in the retail business. There are people losing their homes in foreclosure. I hate sounding like 'gloom' and doom guys but facts are facts. Living in NY area outside NYC living costs are high, perhaps in other parts of the country it's a bit easier. I hope so.
Atdanisesden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: I just had my first sale order Reply with quote

Very Happy You can see how great every one is at ecrater!!!Always willing to give advise,to help with you getting your sales for your store.I want to say thanks cause if it wasn't for those who have been here for awhile I'd be lost.Little things matter Exclamation Key words, metta tags,and links.Then ratings.
I started my store in Aug.2007.I don't have a checking account(but my husband does)Today I'm going to open one up and then be able to add the pay pal and google cart.This should help when people order to make it faster for them to get their merchandise.There is also a group at yahoo for ecrater sellers and they have a holiday skiddoo set up you can link to.
And that can bring sales in.Visit other peoples store and check out how they have their pages set up (I did)And it helped me to get new ideas.Use you FAQ page to give other info about you.Your store is a Business owned by YOU.Treat it as such and you will get what you put into it. Wink
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a lot less sales this month (unless I get a bunch at the end of October). I've only had two sales that have gone through and I usually have a bunch more than that. My sales had been increasing each month. Oh, well, it's free so anything I do sale is a big PLUS!

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
treasures4you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: No sales...few Lookers Reply with quote

Help...started selling in August...started out with a lot of traffic. No sales yet, very few hits. Maybe I don't know enough about marketing...I have no idea what meta tags are or how to get into them. Also sell on ebay and wanted another venue that works better. Would like to get better results...any ideas?

Thanks!
treasures4you
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: I Agree Reply with quote

Yes, they were referring to holiday spending - they did not state online or offline. I see the same as you describe at the pump and in the grocery stores so it is difficult to believe I agree.

I don't know where the money will come from for the catch up on the New Cold War let alone the present one. My husband is DOD (civilian) and left for Ft. Greely, AK to work on the ICBM Project for 3-5 years on 9/17. Try to imagine a project that was abandoned 20 + years ago and getting it done now asap with the weather limitations. This doesn't even take into account how much more it will cost in today's dollars versus if it had been completed back then. As much as a hardship as this is for us I only pray he doesn't end up in Poland before he can retire.

For those of you that like this sort of thing here is a link to view the successful test:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003761.html

Mary
binkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treasures - I looked at the source of your store front page, it looks good. Your Meta's are fine!!
SandysTransferShop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Not selling either Reply with quote

I have not sold anything here. I have done some promoting. Have done the traffic exchange and that is just giving me hits no sales. It gets very discouraging. I had a store on ebay and that cost me more then I was making so at least I'm not out all the fees. Crying or Very sad
Sandy
http://sandystransfershop.ecrater.com
http://sandystransfershop.blogspot.com
htp://grandmascrafts.etsy.com
treasures4you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Binkie for looking at my store...at the risk of sounding...well, umm dumb...what are meta's? Glad mine are fine! Laughing

Treasures
treasures4you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy: Cute shirts...like the horse prints...guess it just takes time to find us! I can't find me on Goggle...have started putting fliers in my auction pkgs. (other site) hoping to create some business. This is still better than loosing money!

Treasures
binkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao@treasures

Some body had to put them there. If not you then you better check the ghost in your house cauz here are the Meta's that have been entered by some one or some thing and eCrater doesn't do it for ya!!

<meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title>treasures4you</title>
<meta name="description" content="In my web site, you will find a variety of items ranging from books, collectibles, handpainted items and vintage">
<meta name="keywords" content="books, nonfiction, fiction, vintage, collectible, cooking, children's, bible, old, cross stitch, quilting, adult">
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: