eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Big and tall anyone GOT A QUESTION.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somethingoldantiques

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Big and tall anyone GOT A QUESTION. Reply with quote

Ok here it is;
What or why is the purpose to having 2 or mone stores? Someone told me to open another store just for my trunks.
Now if I do this how will this help me?
How will this help people find my items better?

http://somethingoldantiques.ecrater.com/
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people open more than one store so they can specialize
after all, some things just dont mix well.

like selling Designer Clothes & Accessories and Car Parts,
Two opposite ends of the spectrum.
Trying to sell them both in the same store is certainly possible
but if you want your customer to get an overall FEEL for
your product it is better to centralize each main product
So you would open up a store dedicated to Car Parts separate from
the Clothes & Accessories store.

Ive looked at your store, and everything you have listed flows very well
together. Now if you are looking to add Video games , or Lawn & Garden tools I suggests a new store Laughing

We have 5 stores by the way
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
enchantedpotions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have two stores...they are just too different to combine and each has it's own Paypal account.

www.ldbmediastorage.ecrater.com
www.enchantedpotions.ecrater.com
somethingoldantiques

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would I be better off by putting my trunks in a store and the the rest of the other old junk in the store I do have now.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an extra store for your current size and offerings is unnecessary. If you plan to do a lot of fashion accessory/jewelry then I would put them in another store but all the rest really fits in beautifully as antique vintage collectibles.

If you plan to get really huge, then you might want to divide up into indoor and outdoor antiques or something like that.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 9 different stores.
Why?
mainly because I like my stores to be search engine friendly and mixing unrelated items don't help at all with SEO.
Big & Tall Mens clothing for example don't relate to formal dresses. So formals are in one store and b & t clothing in another.

In your case - you currently have 44 items and only one is a trunk. NO WAY would I suggest a new store as it appears that the all your items are related to me.
Now if you have 100 or so of different types of trunks - then you might think about a different store to better focus the meta tags etc on just that type of item. But for a dozen or less, I wouldn't suggest it.

Quote:
I also have two stores...they are just too different to combine and each has it's own Paypal account.

This is against PayPal policy - one person is allowed only one business account with PayPal. I know, I found out the heard way - they shut down one of my accounts!

Quote:
So would I be better off by putting my trunks in a store and the the rest of the other old junk in the store I do have now.

NO not unless you have a bunch of them as I mentioned above. If you only have say 25 of them I would leave them in this store. ALL your products appear to be related to me - old stuff. Your trunks are old - right?
Watch your balance and change your meta tags to reflect the balance.
enchantedpotions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on Paypal but it really doesn't apply in my case.

ldbmediastorage is an account I started and manage through my employer so the financial aspects are all in his name because the products are his.

enchantedpotions is my personal account and has all my financial information.
Reggaej

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Big Tall Need help. name CHANGE URL Change Legal Issue Reply with quote

Rasj here: had to change my reggaej name to rasj seems another reggaej is out there on di net way before me. So i changed it to rasj, but i need to change my URL now everywhere on the net of sites i'm on and here. any word on how this get's done?

Irie Crying or Very sad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Big Tall Need help. name CHANGE URL Change Legal Issue Reply with quote

Reggaej wrote:
but i need to change my URL now everywhere on the net of sites i'm on and here. any word on how this get's done?

Drag. As far as eCrater goes you can use the Contact form at www.ecrater.com and request the name change. It may not be done super quickly though. Then your name will be changed here in the forums (or maybe you have to re-register for the forums, I'm not sure).
somethingoldantiques

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your trunks are old - right?

Yes they are all old. I have close to 80 but I got to find the time to refinish them. I do a lot of coustom refinishing work for people , so my time on trunks are limited. I could get 3-5 done a week if I didn't work on anything else. Like now I am refinishing a 3 story home here south of town, big country home. Plus I got 8 items here to do for other people. I work weekends on them and sneek in a trunk once in a while.

Thanks for you reply big
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: