eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Some categories will not be posted to Google Products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Some categories will not be posted to Google Products Reply with quote

Recently we had a discussion with the Google Team what to include in our regular product feeds.

As a result of this discussion items from certain categories will not be posted to Google Products anymore. These categories are:

Automotive -> Cars & SUVs
Automotive -> Motorcycles
Automotive -> Trucks & Vans
Misc -> Boats & Watercraft
Misc
Wholesale

We encourage you to find more appropriate categories for your listings If you list in "wholesale" or "misc".
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
I want to be clear on this:

Automotive -> Cars & SUVs
Automotive -> Motorcycles
Automotive -> Trucks & Vans
Misc -> Boats & Watercraft
Misc
Wholesale

Ok, Is it just the sub catagories not being pushed to google or is it the entire Automotive global catagory not being pushed, as you all know i sell license plates and there is no sub for this item. Please claerify please and if it is the entire catagory where should this type of item be listed.
Scott
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am just guessing but what about collectibles >transportation

Other plates are listed there.
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not think that is the right catagory, these are new not old plates and the right true catagory is Automotive>exterior parts>License plates, i could use the collectable catagory, but not sure that is the right place.
Scott
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collectibles can be old or new.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LICENSEPLATESANDMORE wrote:
Ok,

Ok, Is it just the sub catagories not being pushed to google or is it the entire Automotive global catagory not being pushed, as you all know i sell license plates and there is no sub for this item. Please claerify please and if it is the entire catagory where should this type of item be listed.
Scott

Your license plates are replica's - correct?
I mean a person can not put them on their vehicle and use them to drive around town- they are more for a wall etc - right?
I wouldn't put them in Automotive at all if that's the case - I would have them in either collibles or in home decor area.
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they are Novelty plates that can be attached to the front of your car, if the state allows it, Home decor is for the signs and light switch covers the we sell, Amazon and E-bay both have the plates listen in the Automotive section of there sites along with the license plates frames. 500 plus items to move, i will think on it and see.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well they are Novelty plates that can be attached to the front of your car, if the state allows it,

Every state I lived in requires a front and back plate - I know so don't I just never lived in one of them.
usalicenseplates

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT, you're misunderstanding "licenseplatesandmore".
He/she sells 100 % decorative license plates unlike me who sell 100 % real license plates BUT expired and NOT allowed to be used on any vehicles.
Our stores plates belong in collectibles->transportation even if we sell decorative (for him/her) and real (for me) plates as they're for decoration purposes only.
But the perfect category would be collectibles->transportation->automobilia->(license plates)
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not misunderstanding anything. I know what they sell - basically decorative plates. LOTS of folks collect them. Many put them in the windows of their cars -or on bumpers - since here we have front and back plates.
I was just saying where I would put them, where I would look for them IF I were to buy them or sell them. That's all - nothing more, nothing less.
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
No problem, we can put this to rest, if I decided to move them we will move them to the collectables section. 600 items is a lot to move but I will work on it.
Thank you all for your imput.
Scott
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LICENSEPLATESANDMORE wrote:
Ok,
I want to be clear on this:

Ok, Is it just the sub catagories not being pushed to google or is it the entire Automotive global catagory not being pushed

Just the subcategories mentioned above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: