eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How irritating!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: How irritating! Reply with quote

I guess I'm just plain dumb or something. I bought something from a store here, then clicked on the continue shopping link...and now can't find my shopping cart! That may be how folks end up with sales that are never completed.
I know I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but if it happened to me, it probably does to other folks. We need a 'proceed to checkout' button!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it!

Must be time to go to bed....or drink some coffee and wake up!
kimskorner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep happened to me too
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had both experiences and can't figure out what I did wrong, if I did, the time I lost my cart. Actually it didn't get lost, it just emptied itself.
bookooguru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: that's bad news Reply with quote

Now I'm a little scared. I know my items are getting huge #'s of hits, but surely all these people couldn't be losing their carts.

I really just wish I could sell one thing so I could be sure that everything is working properly on my store.

I had a little problem with GC when I first set that up, but I think it is all fixed now. I'm just waiting and hoping.

Sorry to vent so late at night. I'm sure none of you really want to hear me complain.

Ramona

BookooGuru
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that is complaining! Sounds like a perfectly reasonable concern to me. Your sales will come along soon. I don't have a crystal ball or anything. It's just a feeling.

Take Care
Vickie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bookooguru If you think there is a chance you have not set up properly, do a test sale. You can take it as far as paying on paypal or google checkout, or if you have a friend who has a paypal account have them do it and then you can issue a refund. No one is out anything and you can rest easy and wait for sales. It is very very slow so don't get paranoid.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from my seller. I just sent him a message through the ask seller link. so he sent a PP invoice...but I never did find that shopping cart, and he said I'm not the first person to tell him that. So it may be a problem on his end??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasTreasures wrote:
I got a reply from my seller. I just sent him a message through the ask seller link. so he sent a PP invoice...but I never did find that shopping cart, and he said I'm not the first person to tell him that. So it may be a problem on his end??

I'm not sure how the seller could remove the shopping cart. Even if he/she canceled the sale, it wouldn't have effected the cart. That part is over by the time the seller is notified of the sale.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, i didn't say he did anything to the cart. Have you answered my reply to your email, yet?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this guy just said that he'd had a couple of customers tell him before, that they started a shopping cart and then couldn't get back to it...probably someone as dumb as I am!
I still wish there was a shopping cart or checkout button on each page, so I wouldn't have to try and remember where I left it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasTreasures wrote:
No, this guy just said that he'd had a couple of customers tell him before, that they started a shopping cart and then couldn't get back to it...probably someone as dumb as I am!
I still wish there was a shopping cart or checkout button on each page, so I wouldn't have to try and remember where I left it.

Back in the summer when I was buying multiple items from you, my cart emptied between clicks. It was very frustrating. I had already been through your site deciding what I wanted then when I went back through clicking buy on them and got to the end the shopping cart was empty except for the last item. I haven't a clue what went wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djpoorfarmherefords wrote:
maybe there is some sort of a problem.

Just had a customer try to buy something, said she had to do it twice before it went through, so she could pay for it. I have both attempts in my order box, one with the uncompleted and the completed sale.

That is a pretty common problem and I think it is mostly the buyers thinking they are not finished when they are and then buying item again.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of what happened to me. I bought one item, did the continue shopping and bought another. But when I went to the shopping cart there was nothing in it.
I was able to back up and find the original purchase, but never the second one. I smell a gremlin in the cart lane!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: