eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bring Visitors to Your Ecrater Shop!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twobeadsinapod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Bring Visitors to Your Ecrater Shop! Reply with quote

This has helped me TREMENDOUSLY bring traffic to my site. I get quality hits. It brings me between 70-90 visitors a day that I wouldn't normally have. It has also helped my shop move up in ranking on Google and other search engines.

It's easy!!

http://linkreferral.com

Give it a try! :]

visit my shop!
http://twobeadsinapod.ecrater.com

edited by mod - affiliate links are advertising- advertising is not allowed so the affiliate portion has been removed.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much spam do they send you once they have your email address?
twobeadsinapod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
How much spam do they send you once they have your email address?

I can honestly say that I have not received one OUNCE of spam from Link Referral. All I get from them are email notifications for when my site has been reviewed, and that's it. And you can choose to turn notifications on or off.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't do this as we can't have html on our sites. How did you get it to work?
bookooguru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: answer? Reply with quote

Curious to know how you made it work also. I could use targeted traffic and will sign up if I can.

Ramona

smdjewelry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the html code for their link on my myspace page, and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm sure I'd get more traffic if it was on the actual store site, but it still seems to have helped. It's a bit of work to keep up with everyday though. I've been slacking off on reviews and visiting sites, and I've definitely noticed that I haven't been getting as much traffic lately, so it does seem to bring in more visitors! I haven't gotten any orders out of it, just more traffic.

http://smdjewelry.ecrater.com
twobeadsinapod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really bother with the code. It is used for referrals to the site--if you upgrade your account, you can get paid for referrals. I don't do it.
I have the code on my myspace, just in case it helps with my rankings, but I just put it there a couple of weeks ago. Before that, I never used it.

I just log in once a day, visit 30 sites, review 5 of them, and post one time in the forums. That's all I do. It takes me about 25 minutes, and right now my shop is ranked #18 in it's category, and number 8 in it's sub-category. It brings me many more visitors than I would normally have, plus my site gets reviewed, and I get feedback of what I could do better. If ecrater would allow html, I could even post those reviews on my site. As for now, I just have a link to my reviews in my faq.

I love link-referral!
bookooguru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, 2, that was a big help. I'm going to sign up today and see if that helps. I get alot of traffic, but nobody wants to let go of that $$.

I have an account at clickthru which is somewhat the same as what you say about link-referral. Only problem with it is there are alot of MLM people who use it, and there are so many junk websites you must sit through to actually get to anything with some substance.

Ramona

poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious -- how are they quality hits if it's just a bunch of other people obligated to visit x-amount of sites a day, review x-amount of sites a day, etc.?

And I'm especially curious as to whether you've seen a spike in sales from it.
smdjewelry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely have no sales from it at all, just more hits on my items. I do like the feedback you get from it though....
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was signed up for that site but it took up too much time. You have to click on a lot of stores to get points for them to look at yours. I just decided it wasn't worth it. That's the problem with most of the click sites they are just too time consuming.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
http://thejewelchest.ecrater.com
twobeadsinapod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
I was signed up for that site but it took up too much time. You have to click on a lot of stores to get points for them to look at yours. I just decided it wasn't worth it. That's the problem with most of the click sites they are just too time consuming.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
http://thejewelchest.ecrater.com

I'm not sure what you mean about points...link referral doesn't issue points...and, as I said, it only takes me about 25-30 minutes a day...I choose to do it EVERY DAY, but you don't have to. It's your choice how much you want to participate...but the more you participate, the more hits you get.

As for the question about quality hits...I'm sure some people don't thoroughly navigate every website they visit--even I don't, if I don't like the look of the site. But I do give each site a chance. The thing is, you choose which sites you want to visit. Each one is listed in a category with a short description below it. So, if it interests me, I visit it, if it doesn't, I don't. The link referral concept is to visit UP TO 30 sites a day, review 5 of them and post once in the forums...so it can take as much or as little time as you want it to. And by reviewing 5 of the sites, you really have to VISIT the sites. You can't just write the same review for each site you visit. Linkreferral gives your reviews a grade--the better your reviews, the higher the grade, and the higher your grade, the more hits you get.

Even if I only counted the reviews as real hits, I'm still selling more, I'm boosting my search engine rankings, I'm getting reviews, and it's all for free.

I only posted the link here because I truly feel this site has helped me.
kimskorner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a member of link referral - actually I sort of like it.

I review a couple of sites a day and I've found some really interesting sites!!

Out of the reviews I've gotten for my site, several of them were from people that obviously took the time to look around my site a bit and hey....whatever the reason they're there it's great that someone is looking.

Not all the sites I review are sites selling things ..... I reviewed one site a woman had up that was sort of a personal blog of her story of trying to regain custody of her kids.
Atdanisesden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I joined checked it out ,did 2 reviews.Looks like an up and up deal.And there is alot of other helpful things to check out.I like to look at other peoples stores..getting ideas,changing mine.But if you have the pay per click I don't know how that will work.Usually when I go to the ecrater stores I don't click on the items unless I'm really going to buy them,that way I don't think it hurts on their pay for click if they have that.

Thanks
Strikefoil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need more traffic on my site cause I noticed it has slowed down since this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: