eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do you think my approach to shipping is OK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRedTreasureBarn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Do you think my approach to shipping is OK? Reply with quote

Good morning all!
I am new to ecrater and have been working on my store for a few days.
Wow...how quickly the listing form goes. That is great.

By the way...I have already had 2 sales and was very pleased with that!

My problem is with the shipping. The stuff I sell ranges from 1 lb. to 25 lb. I think I understand the shipping matrix, and all I see possible is to set it up for maximum cost for shipping to zone 8 in the U.S.

When you get into those heavier packages, I ship Priority or Parcel Post and the shipping will range tremendously on heavy packages. Anyway..I tried to explain in the description box about this, but I am afraid the lookers won't read it and the maximum shipping quoted might scare them off.

Any suggestions or comments? Do I understand correctly or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks in advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LittleRedTreasureBarn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: What a helpful community! Reply with quote

Wow! I am very impressed with the number of comments and suggestions I have received from this great eCrater community!

I will definately take all suggestions into consideration.

I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond and help me figure this out. Rest assured, I will certainly do the same for you any time I can! Crying or Very sad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that'll help.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this was missed, maybe people don't have any better suggestions. Whatever.

You have a choice between weight-based (shipping matrix) and flat-rate. What you've mentioned about the shipping matrix is one of its downsides. The other option that I see is to set a flat-rate for everything and combine shipping post-sale (either by sending a combined invoice or by manually refunding the difference after payment).

Myself, I encourage customers to just send me a list of stuff they want so I can invoice them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: