eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

no sale yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAFashionAccessories

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: no sale yet Reply with quote

not sure what i might need... any ideas? please check out my store and let me know...

aafashionaccessories.ecrater.com

Shawn & Kim
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quickly looked at your items and you have little to no information in your descriptions. For example - it appears that in most cases you only repeat the title. No mention of size on your purses, how many compartments, your necklaces have no length listed, no type of closure on them, earrings don't mention if clip on or pierced

Check your spelling - REGUALRY should be Regularly
AAFashionAccessories

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: thankyou Reply with quote

thank you so much for the information... i will try to update more and more... i was so excited and in a rush to build as much merchandise as possible and did not think to add that...

Thanks
Shawn
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I ever buy jewelry but if I did I think I'd want to see larger images or close-ups on specific areas of the pieces.

Also, if I was going to be spending very much money I'd want to see your terms spelled out on the Terms page -- refund policy, if shipments are insured, that sort of thing.
cajerleiastore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Has anyone tried using myspace for networking? In other forum rooms I read where their sales had increased by using myspace. Here is mine - of course I jumped on the bandwagon! http://www.myspace.com/cajerleia
My husband and I have search engines pulling toward ecrater - items are being viewed, but have only made one sale. It is a start, and I am thankful for the sale.
Any of you got some more ideas on how to pull to our new home site?
Cajerleia
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cajerleiastore wrote:
Very Happy Has anyone tried using myspace for networking? In other forum rooms I read where their sales had increased by using myspace. Here is mine - of course I jumped on the bandwagon! http://www.myspace.com/cajerleia
My husband and I have search engines pulling toward ecrater - items are being viewed, but have only made one sale. It is a start, and I am thankful for the sale.
Any of you got some more ideas on how to pull to our new home site?
Cajerleia

Tons of ideas in this thread
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4

NOW -- back to the original posters question --
AAFashionAccessories
Quote:
not sure what i might need... any ideas? please check out my store and let me know...
kcskorner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we sell pretty much the same thing - Jewelry. You need better descriptions like jewelry size, materials, etc. If I'm buying a pair of earrings, I want to know how long they are. Are they lightweight or heavy? Exactly what are the colors? You don't have to go into information overload, but just think about what you would want to know before you purchased something online.

It could just be my eyes, but your photos appear kind of cloudy to me. . .IOW not real clear. You might want to try taking more close-ups of some details if you can. Your photos will probably never be 100% perfect (gosh, some of mine I find to be just awful), but could be improved some.

If you want, you can check out my store for some ideas. I don't mind helping out a fellow seller!
DiscountPet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it said that you should describe your items as though there were no picture and the buyer only had your words to go by.

Go to some jewelry sites and read how they describe their stuff to get ideas - a lot of them use tons of adjectives...

Sparkling, chic, understated, elegent, lovely, feminine, delicate, brilliant, etc.

Tell buyers how to use the item. It might sound silly, but it works. If I'm shopping for accessories I'm more likely to buy from this ad:

"This aqua blue hand knit scarf is a must-have to spice up a tired Fall wardrobe. Wrap it loosely around your neck to jazz up a corporate work suit, or tie it around your waist for that urban chic look."

than I would be to buy from this ad:

"Blue scarf. 68 inches by 4 inches."

Good luck!
worldseller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i think describe the items is most important,,,if you do that, we can search with the keywords in some search engine!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: