eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP - Email Address Populating Old Address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: HELP - Email Address Populating Old Address Reply with quote

I go into my account information and the correct "embarq" email address is there.

When I receive an order the incorrect "earthlink" address is being populated SOMEHOW and therefore payments to Paypal are not going through.

This is a new problem that I have never experienced here and now I have to call the customer and explain that she can cancel her payment and I'll invoice her I guess!

Mary
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Months ago and have had many transaction go through fine since.

Mary
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: PS Reply with quote

Paypal says the same thing happens from Ebay - the system reverts back to previous information.

There is no money there, but Paypal sent this lady a confirmation that the transaction went through!

Now I have had to ask her to cancel from her end and resend to correct address or have me invoice her!

How embarassing! It has to be in the transmission tape from Ecrater I would think. Paypal can see where she attempted with the wrong email address.

There is only the one place to change it right? Under Edit Account?

Like I say it has been fine since the cutover to Embarq on 10/31 so something else is going on.

Mary
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Dig Around Reply with quote

I'll dig around and see if it is in the About section that someone could have found it - thanks - Mary
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Found It! Reply with quote

FOUND IT referenced in the ABOUT section. Since the customer generated two orders for the same thing she must have experienced a problem - however; Paypal will confirm any email address I guess whether valid or not! Thanks - Mary
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to PayPal and ADD the old email add to your list of email addys you can have up to 10 I think.

I don't use my normal email addy for my PP payments and folks like to use my normal email to pay me - so I finally added all my emails OLD and current to my list of emails I will accept money on!
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I did add the old email and nothing came through on this transaction so I think the customer will have to delete out the payment and send again? Mary
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:
I did add the old email and nothing came through on this transaction so I think the customer will have to delete out the payment and send again? Mary

Yeah, I think so. Adding the other e-mail just means that it'll work right the next time somebody tries it.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: 24 hours later... Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else is still using Paypal, but my postage that I printed hours ago is still not deducted from the log and orders that are incomplete in the cart.

I'm leaving the incompleted ones until morning to see if an authorization code loads into the cart. Paypal is extremely slow and for all I know I have paid repeatedly for postage that took several attempts to print since I kept getting an error message that Paypal was not available at this time.

SO..I have started looking for an alternative to change to over the down time during the holidays. Authorize Net, Yourpay and Surepay are ones I'm looking into for my store cart.

When I look at the conversions to actual sells ratio it is only about 50% and I have to wonder if 50% of my customers are abandoning carts due to having difficulties with PP.

Today I have a concern that Paypal can not handle the volume. One of the recent changes to the system was the balance would always be current, but the log would not be.

It is a good thing I can remember who I shipped to today because the print shipping button is still showing for those that have been picked up this afternoon.

Anyone else having this problem? Mary
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: