eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New To eCrater ~ From TN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faeriedreams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: New To eCrater ~ From TN Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I'm so glad we have this community forum to help & get to know each other.
I live in Middle TN about 45 minutes outside of Nashville.
Namaste (Cheryl) I'm not to far from you. Wink

I'm pretty new to eCrater, only been on for about a month now, and I LOVE it here. eCrater Rocks!!! I've been selling on-line since 2003 after becaming a SAHM. Honestly none of my past shop locations were this easy to set up & maintain. Thank You for this awesome service eCrater!!!

~Elizabeth
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry meet, Elizabeth. Very Happy

Love your shop. Looks really nice. But I have a question: how did you do your subcategories? I haven't figured out how to do that. (I'm sooo not technical. I'm happy I can point, click, and email. Laughing )

Namaste,
Cheryl
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberrynights wrote:

Love your shop. Looks really nice. But I have a question: how did you do your subcategories? I haven't figured out how to do that. (I'm sooo not technical. I'm happy I can point, click, and email. Laughing )

Namaste,
Cheryl

This should help you ...

Categories

ROOT Categories
First set up a Root category. To do this click on Categories
Click on add a category - the bottom center after the list of categories you already created

Fill in the Name of your ROOT category
Decide if you want this ROOT category to be featured on your home page. (1)
If so, decide which position you want this category to be in and then upload an image relating to that category.
Click on add.
Repeat for each ROOT category you want in your store.

SUB Categories
To set up a sub-category. Click on Categories then select edit to the right of the ROOT category you want this sub category under.
Click on add a category - the bottom center
Fill in the Name of your sub-category
Decide if you want this sub-category to be featured on your home page. (1)
If so, decide which position you want this category to be in and then upload an image relating to that category.
Click on add.
Repeat for each sub category you want in this root category.

SUB SUB Categories
You can keep adding sub after sub after sub if you so desire.

(1) A featured category can be a root category or a sub-category. This will be one of 5 categories that will some up on your home page. You must upload an image to have this be a featured category.
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, bigtallmensclothing. Smile

Namaste,
Cheryl
faeriedreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberrynights wrote:

Namaste,
Cheryl

Merry Meet Cheryl

Thanks so much and your store is really nice too. I love the pink teddies, think my hubby would too.. Wink
Where you able to figure out the subcategories thing?
I was hoping to add more products to my shop tomorrow, but instead I'll be working to fix the shopping cart so it charges my customers the correct shipping.. My fault it's messed up. I had a bright idea that isn't going to work out.
Take care and have a Blessed Ostara if we don't talk before then.. )O(

Elizabeth
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

Yes, I've got my sub-categories set up. Now I have a new problem: I may have to separate all of my sizes & colors.

Oh the joys of learning to build a store...trial & error live on the Internet. Laughing

Honestly, tho, ecrater has a really great builder. Even a non-techie like me can learn it quickly. Smile

Namaste,
Cheryl
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberrynights wrote:
Elizabeth,

Yes, I've got my sub-categories set up. Now I have a new problem: I may have to separate all of my sizes & colors.

Oh the joys of learning to build a store...trial & error live on the Internet. Laughing

Honestly, tho, ecrater has a really great builder. Even a non-techie like me can learn it quickly. Smile

Namaste,
Cheryl

There is a search feature so you really don't need to break down your categories too deeply. I can't image having to sort by color and size. Color should not be a category, but might be something someone searches for.
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigTallMensClothing.

It was mentioned in another thread that the current shopping cart doesn't have a drop-down menu for product choices like size & color. Some of the items I sell come in as many as 6 sizes!

I'm not going to sub-sub categorize, tho. I'll probably just post each size available within the categories I already have, and maybe keep color choices in the description. I'm going to put my shop on hold for a few days so I can tinker with it & not be a nuisance on the main site with all the updating. Laughing

Namaste,
Cheryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: