eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello eCRATER...goodbye to our ebaY store
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Hello eCRATER...goodbye to our ebaY store Reply with quote

First post at the community. Wanting to say hi to all Very Happy

Been listing items INDIVIDUALLY here the past few days so it's taking a bit to get things up but it's simple to do (Just haven't mastered the bulk listing feature, had used TL on ebaY)

And closed our ebaY store last night! So suffering withdrawals today Crying or Very sad
(Of course, those fees priced us out and the changes in search feature)

Glad to have eCRATER and the community of knowledgeable folks help. Using the search feature on the board, help me to find answers to some questions I had.

Great all around! Well, great once things start selling that is!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Solarcell7-Guitars-and-Mo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hello, welcome to eCRATER! We're new here too. I must admit, eBay really has gone down the shitter. We're phasing OUT OF EBAY. We're still open there right now but, we too have been experiencing the same thing there. The fees are too high and when Billy C. killed the search we really took a big hit also. We're really happy to be here. Welcome abaord!!
Brian/Solarcell7
http://Solarcell7-Guitars-and-More.ecrater.com
Buytime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz on the Move.
best wishes

Kenny
our3doxies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi simplygottahaveit

I'm a recent feebay refugee also. Tired of all the schemes to suck more money out of us. We weren't making a living over there so it was easy to come on over from the darkside. It was fun while it lasted. Your store is looking great and good luck !!!

OUR3DOXIES CLASSIC PHOTOS

sandeescollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here. Glad to meet you! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to Ecrater...I'm glad to meet you! I also sell on Ebay (for over 6 years, over 2100 positive feedbacks)...but, I am slowly moving over to here. The fees are a killer. Haven't notified all of my previous buyers yet....so much to do! Ebay is really getting to be a joke lately...I really can see them going down the drain in about a year or two. I just don't want to have my eggs in just one basket!

I have managed to get 3 sales in approximately 3 weeks from my new store...which really isn't bad to start! Let me know what you think of my new site! www.sandeescollectibles.ecrater.com

Thanks! Sandee
AKLeatherFashions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Welcome all Reply with quote

Welcome to all that are new to ecrater.
Im amazed at how many people are leaving EBay now due to the fee's.
hidyscloset

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all of you refugees. I'm one myself. I closed and finalized everything August 14 before I got another invoice and from the looks of things not a minute too soon. I was NOT going to pay them another thin dime and as a matter of fact, ended up with a .76 credit. I did one last auction for .70 so I have a .06 credit. I've been lurking around the boards just today seeing what the mood is like over there. Sounds like a growing mess to me. The rise in THEIR numbers over the last couple of days is a sham as they've been running free listing specials in places like India and China which sure isn't sitting well with the sellers who are paying their first invoices since the fee increase. I think the exodus is just beginning!
www.hidyscloset.com
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: A sale...I think! Reply with quote

Well had a message from ebaY member who was obviously watching a couple of items before we closed our ebaY store. Told her we had them on our website www.simplygottahaveit.com. She came here and purchased them three days ago. The email notification from ecrater indicated payment method: Paypal

But it appears she may have indicated that how she wanted to pay and did not complete the payment process. Doubled check our email addy for receiving paypal payments here and it was correct. Since we provide a shipping/handling discount on multiples, we generated a paypal invoice to reflect the discounted total but still no word or more important...payment from her. Still went ahead and placed the sold image on the items (as mentioned by Big & Tall). Will probably send a reminder on day 5 (you just never know about buyers...does she think she paid, did she read she has 7 days and awaiting a paycheck, etc.)
Fingers cross that we will have our first sale here but in a way, it's was through ebaY and not a 'direct' sale.

So...need to start emailing to previous buyers and other tips provided on the boards to generate some much needed sales. Since closing our ebaY store we have had several days without a postal run...making me 'postal' Rolling Eyes But it allowed the time to get items posted here...one by one as mentioned earlier. So much like starting over; but I'm not as young as I use to be!

Good luck to all! As others have commented, it's great to have boards that actually help...not like some others we know Wink
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all the newbies.We have to keep postive karma going here so that the sales start happening.I think Oct. will be the big month
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: The buyer paid yesterday and we sent her items! Very Happy

Like all here, shouting "Bring on more buyers", working today on putting an email together to send previous buyers.
essentialsky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: welcome! Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new here too. I tried ebay for a month, and was disappointed by the fees also. They outweighed my sales! Can't have that! Just love ecrater; now need the sales. Good luck to all the newbies!
Kathy
springlering

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome all Reply with quote

AKLeatherFashions wrote:
Im amazed at how many people are leaving EBay now due to the fee's.

.....errr, yeah. Another refugee here, four IDs there, closed one store, been there since 04/97.

It wasn't just the fees, it was China, glitches, search engines, suppressed posts, lack of customer service, and worst of all, acting like we buyers and sellers didn't exist. Anyway, I have banned myself from their boards, and am ready to move on. Too much negativity, a lot of it coming from my own self, lol! Wink

Now that I am here, I am so very pleased with how easy this ecrater store is to set up, and what professional results I get. And the help boards are very, helpful.

Will be emailing my old customers this weekend, to let them know I'm here now, and on my own website, too.

In the words of Bilbo, "I am quite ready for another adventure...."
springlering

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and one other thing. The lesson I've learned from all this is to read discussion boards. Even if you just lurk, read the boards, and keep up with what's happening on your site of choice!
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well still nothing since that first 'ecrater' sale from a previous watcher on my 'now closed' ebaY store.

ebaY sent us a survey request, thought it would have some questions asking us about our decision to close the ebaY store. But was a bit more generic, although there were questions as to where else we sell and our expected sales for upcoming year.

For the most part our direct competitors still have ebaY stores, how on earth they will be able to keep profitable, I haven't a clue!

I agree this is one of the best boards for helpful discussions! Still adding items to eCrater, but have been sending links to it to ebaY auction winners...not sure if they are taking a look, but no sales from any of them yet. Fingers crossed for some action here soon....makes it so difficult to type Laughing
earth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Earth Creations says Hi!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! We are new to ecrater and we wanted to say hello to everyone here. We had a little success with eBay but the fees are too high for us. Does anyone have suggestions for success with ecrater? We are very happy to have a free online store...since eBay was charging too much for listing items Wink We had a lot of items to sell, but the listing fees got too expensive for us. We sell collectables and jewelry in our store: Beautiful Earth Creations
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: