eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I need a little help from a few paper artists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturesadornments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: I need a little help from a few paper artists Reply with quote

Hi, I sell empty Tea Bags for all the obvious uses, but paper artists also purchase them for the art of Tea Bag Folding. I must admit this is a new one on me. I just bought a book and I must admit it's a little beyond me. (not to mention I don't really have the time to sit down and learn yet another hobby) My delima is that I need to have a few samples of this created so I can market my tea bags in this manner. I need someone with some papercrafting skill to create a few pieces and that would let me use their images.

This is what I did with the Milk Style Cartons that I market to Stampers and Decoupage Artist. I sent someone free cartons if they would play around with them. I lucked-up on someone with extraordinary imagination and skill and am now using her images in my Milk Carton listings.

Anyway I would like to extend this offer to the Papercrafting community here. I will send 50 lg and 50 sm tea bags to the first 5 crafters that contact me and let me know they would like to play around with a new project.

I also wouldn't mind having another image for the marketing of my 1/2 Gallon Cartons for use as "Butterfly Houses". The image that I am using now, I did and I just threw it together in about 15 min. I would love something a little more artistic. I need a Birdhouse one also.

Anyway, thanks for your time. If anyone is interested, you can contact me directly at natures.adornments@yahoo.com

Melinda Cunningham
Nature's Adornments
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds to me like an EXCELLENT way for you to promote your store.

Go to all the zillions of craft forums - you might get lucky and even find a tea bag art forum - and basically post the same thing you did here. There at least you will be advertising at the same time.

You could do it as a contest even if that's within that forum's rules. IF you find a forum dedicated to this art you really might thing of that - remember in the rules you put all submitted photos become the property of naturesadornments.

Good Luck!
MommysAttic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do it for you if u would like. I been scrapbooking and doing altered art for over 7 years.
naturesadornments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MommysAttic, send your name and address to my regular email that I listed above and I will send you some bags. You can look online at different "Tea Bag Folding" sites for the "how tos". I think some people just cut out pieces of paper as if they were tea bags, but of course I need the work to be done the old fashioned way with the real thing. Experiment with different ways of coloring the bags. I'm sure that they would take ink well; even paint or spray paint, airbrushing, dyeing and so on.... I have only done a little stamping and decoupage so I am sure you would have more ideas than I do.

Melinda Cunningham
Nature's Adornments
naturesadornments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way...MommysAttic, are you interested in working on some bird and Butterfly houses with my 1/2 Gallon Cartons? I could even send you a few of my 4oz cartons. The girl that does my Carton Giftbox artwork hasn't yet sent me an image of that size yet and I haven't heard from her since before Christmas. I don't want to bug her. She has done so much for me already. I have sent her alot of cartons but to me someones time is more valuable than a handfull of my stock. Let me know.

Melinda
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess, I am learning something new on "tea bag" folding. I thought this craft was not from using actual tea bags but from craft paper. But would be interesting to see what someone can come up with on using the actual tea bags. Sure there is something out there UNIQUE.
But anway, you have a great idea! I did notice your boxes already and how neat some of the ones were that were finished products. Wish I had more time. I can really imagaine some great projects with them in my mind. Brings back to my mind some of the unique craft projects that use to be made from paper plates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: