eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MamaNeedsANewPairOfShoes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Newbie Here Reply with quote

Hey, all! I am not new to this site, but new to selling. I make crochet and knit items, and my mom makes jewelry, which I will soon be listing also. I have bought items from here and many other online sites and decided to try my hand at selling.

I am a stay at home mom of 3 little ones, so my time is limited, but I do like online communities, and hope to be spending some time with you all!

Thanks for reading my little intro, and hope to be meeting you all soon Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
naturesadornments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I hope you have good Luck with your new online store. I would be interested to see how your moms jewelry goes. I make handmade jewelry also but I dont have it listed. I just take it to craft shows. Most people on greedbay say that jewelry doesn't sell well there. Hopefully it will do better here since there is less selling it.

Melinda Cunningham
Nature's Adornments
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Suggestion to your mom. Work on her pics. The thumbnails are sort of a blue. I think she needs more contrast with the background.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Just thought I would tell you - Your logo is unreadable.
ribbonbytheyard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater! I wish you much success in selling here!

Just to expand on what others have already said, re: photos...you may consider using a white background. Especially with the baby items, because that would offer the softness to the photos which just screams baby! Smile

You can accomplish this by using 3 or 4 pieces of gift wrapping tissue. It's what I use for all my products.

HTH

Kim
www.ribbonbytheyard.ecrater.com
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome. Great to have you here. I think I remember you from another site. You will Love it Here!

Good Luck

Jackie
MamaNeedsANewPairOfShoes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all so much for your advice! I will work on the pics. As far as the logo, it turns up much smaller here than in other places... any suggestions?
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome!

Your store is coming along nicely. What a cutie on the welcome page! I think my smile was automatic when I saw the picture. That's a great mood for your potential customers to enter into your store with I think! Very Happy The descriptions for the items I looked at are excellent and your 'about' & 'terms pages have good detail. Two thumbs up!

Sorry I can't help you with your logo. You have quite a bit of unused space on your welcome page so I might be tempted to expand on it to include more detail on what you have to offer. The item titles you have are very good but there are 100 characters to use for item titles and it looks like you have some room left to put your store name in if you wanted. Some of the sellers do that to help with searches.

I love the name of your store! Great to have you here. Good Luck!
Vickie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: