eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is this for real??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Is this for real?? Reply with quote

After putting some some new decorative vases in the listing under (glass&pottery> decorative) i got this email.

Hello I am the moderator for the pottery and glass, real estate and the
antiques catagorys. I am moving a lot of your items to the right
catagory. If any more comes in my catagorys they will be deleted if they
don't go there. New glass goes in contemporary not in any other catagory.
Make sure your items gets into the right catagorys as I am not the only
moderator.
Thank you

i want to do the right thing but im just not sure is there a list that tells me where to put stuff?????
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your vases. Aren't they ceramic? I don't know what the problem is. Looks to me like it is full of antiques which should be in the antique category.

I would suggest that the moderator move the antiques to antiques and leave the modern pieces where you put them. I can't see your global categories so don't know where you have them now.

Glass and china/pottery is for glass and pottery to my knowledge.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure I dont want to cause any waves just want to make sure im doing this right. If I'm wrong ok but seems to be alot of sub categories its all so new to me. im still lost .thanks for your input.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF the mod emailed you they should have included their email adddress. Maybe it's best to communicate directly with them.
IF the mod gave you their id you can pm them here.

I thought MODS wwere not suppose to email the sellers. - that was the last I heard anyways.

Quote:
If any more comes in my catagorys they will be deleted if they
don't go there.

A mod should NEVER be deleting items for being in the wrong place - they should be moving them or requesting your account to be suspended until you clean it up.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did email the mod. seems that they dont like the fact that i sell items (labeled as dropshipping) just on my behalf i work hard to make sure everything i list is in stock and that all my orders are sent on time. i sell on amazon and a few of the auction sites not any problems yet. this is my latest email from the mod.

If it is new items home and garden may be your best shot, glass that is new can be put in Contemporary Glass. As you know ,anyone such as yourself that is a drop shipper , your items will not be brought up in any google search. And your store is marked as such too. The ones that us moderators have the most trouble with is the drop shippers, they put their items every where and if it was up to us moderators we would deleted and ban all that puts items in the wrong catagory. But we can't do that and that has to be done by the owner, all we can do is request and when I request I am at 100% so far. I email every one that puts items in the wrong catagory and let them know , then if it happens again then I request them to be banned or close store till items are moved.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are selling drop shipped items - then they are not antiques --- guess that's where I got confused.

Well I know nothing about glass and pottery BUT
if the vase is made of GLASS or is made of POTTERY why shouldn't it be in (glass&pottery> decorative) --- I am confused.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about how you determine shipping. Is that set by your supplier or you? Depending on where you live, Alaska and Hawaii can be a little more expensive than US mainland, and Canada is just slightly more.

I'm still not sure where your vases were moved. If you go into your admin and look at the global category, it will say.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm curious about how you determine shipping. Is that set by your supplier or you? Depending on where you live, Alaska and Hawaii can be a little more expensive than US mainland, and Canada is just slightly more.

I don't think that they realise their shipping is the way it is
http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1850906
Shipping Fees:
US-Mainland: $145.95
Alaska: $0.00
Hawaii: $0.00
Canada: $0.00
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my no that is a mistake we added alaska and the other just today so i think all the items we did before are bad now. thanks for pointing that out.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that was scary the shiping matrix wasnt set thanks so very much for pointing that out ......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at home and garden category. The sub cats are
candles/candle holders
holiday seasonal
wall decor
wallpaper
Not a place for ceramic vases.

I don't know what this contemporary category is the mod is talking about. Perhaps you should ask the mod why she has her antiques in decorative collectibles.

glaciergifts wrote:

If it is new items home and garden may be your best shot, glass that is new can be put in Contemporary Glass. If you have glass vases, I didn't see them. As you know ,anyone such as yourself that is a drop shipper , your items will not be brought up in any google search. And your store is marked as such too. The ones that us moderators have the most trouble with is the drop shippers, they put their items every where and if it was up to us moderators we would deleted and ban all that puts items in the wrong catagory. That's like painting you all with the same paintbrush. But we can't do that and that has to be done by the owner, all we can do is request and when I request I am at 100% so far. I email every one that puts items in the wrong catagory and let them know , then if it happens again then I request them to be banned or close store till items are moved.

Drop shippers are allowed on ecrater with restrictions. While it is true some abuse the site dreadfully, I don't see what you did wrong. (And I'm one who disses drop-shippers frequently.)

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so i looked at the vases and all are under home decor now. and also i had my crystal serving bowl under Glass&pottery>glass>glassware>elegant and that has been moved also along with 4 other related itemes.Hmm??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mods do not own ecrater. Move your items back and report the mod to ecrater admin. The pottery/glass category is not restricted to any period. Looks to me like the mod wants her items to stand out.

I'd like to know if your vase items are now in candles or wallpaper?

Okay I finally found contemporary glass. It is a subcategory for glassware. For the information of all who don't already know, Glassware is the things you drink out of.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just under home decor no sub . but ill wait till i hear back from ecrater before i move anything back. dont want to get in any trouble.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no just under home decor no sub

IF there is a sub it fits in that's where you want it! Buyers will go to the sub category. The mod should know better.

Don't sound like things are being done correctly to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: