eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is this for real??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALikelyStory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the moderator needs to explain why your original category choice was wrong. If the things you put in there are inappropriate, what does go there?

This needs to be backed up by some sort of written description of what each category should contain. Someone came up with these categories, surely they had a type of item in mind.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY PROBLEM IS THIS,

Quote:
New glass goes in contemporary not in any other catagory
THIS IS FROM THE MOD.

BUT WHEN I GO TO CONTEMPORARY I SEE TONS OF OLD STUFF. WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO IT THE GLASS AND POTTERY CAT. IS FILLED WITH ALL OLD GLASS WORK NOT MUCH ELSE.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS WAS IN
categories > Glass & Pottery > Glass > Glassware > Elegant (422)

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1890849

THIS IS WHAT SHE MOVED OF MINE

categories > Glass & Pottery > Glass > Glassware > Elegant

http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1891278

WHATS THE DIFFERANCE
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question-Gorham crystal could fit in decorative or elegant, as far as i'm concerned. It's beautiful stuff!

As for the comment about picking on dropshippers...these are simply the rules at Ecrater. Affiliates and dropshippers are not in the search and not at the top of the category. That was not the decision of the moderators, they are following the OWNER'S RULES. don't make us out to be bad guys-we are volunteers, trying to do the best we can ( 99% of us)..want this job for a while and see how much fun it is???
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALikelyStory wrote:
I think the moderator needs to explain why your original category choice was wrong. If the things you put in there are inappropriate, what does go there?

This needs to be backed up by some sort of written description of what each category should contain. Someone came up with these categories, surely they had a type of item in mind.

Yes, when a moderator suggests a category, they have something in mind...but if a seller puts something else in that category that technically fits there, a moderator probably will leave it right there...these decisions are very difficult, when everyone has a different opinion on where it should be...there will NEVER be a guideline that everyone will agree with!
ALikelyStory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is actually more appropriate using the definition I found which seemed to imply that glassware was tableware.

Even so, I wouldn't move the other item, either.

I thought the mods were here to take care of the really glring infractions, like new plastic faux "collectibles" in the antiques categories. To see this kind of nit-picky and possibly wrong behavior is alarming.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEXAS PLEASE KNOW THAT I KNOW YOUR JOB IS HARD. NOT PICKING ON ANYONE HERE JUST WANT IT TO BE FAIR FOR ALL . SO WHEN I GO IN AND LOOK AT THE GLASS&POTTERY CAT. AND SEE NOTHING BUT OLDER ITEMS IN ALL THE SUBS IM ALITTLE WORRIED ABOUT HOW THAT IS FAIR TO ALL THE SELLERS??
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glacier - I wasn't trying to pick on you for being a drop shipper that was certainly not my intent and I do apologize if my post came across that way - Dawn
ALikelyStory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glaciergifts wrote:
As you know ,anyone such as yourself that is a drop shipper , your items will not be brought up in any google search. And your store is marked as such too. The ones that us moderators have the most trouble with is the drop shippers, they put their items every where and if it was up to us moderators we would deleted and ban all that puts items in the wrong catagory. But we can't do that and that has to be done by the owner, all we can do is request and when I request I am at 100% so far. I email every one that puts items in the wrong catagory and let them know , then if it happens again then I request them to be banned or close store till items are moved.

She's not making sure that this seller knows the owner's rules. She even says, "as you know..." She's warning OP that she doesn't like drop-shippers.

Some of this might be excusable if the item that was moved was in the wrong category, but clearly it wasn't. So unless someone can give me a good reason that a crystal bowl in Tableware: Elegant is a gross violation, I'm going to have to look at this as unwarranted harassment.
ALikelyStory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the way that quote function works is funny. Obviously Glacier Gifts wrote that the mod wrote. LOL
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU DAWN IM JUST ALITTLE CONFUSSED ABOUT ALL THIS.LOL Very Happy
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only person that can resolve this issue is the owner..not us. Let's not argue about something we can't change here.
glaciergifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOOKED AT HER SITE AND SHE SELLS ALOT OF GLASSWARE AND THINGS LIKE THAT. SO WOULDNT IT BE BETTER TO HAVE MODS WORK IN categorys NOT RELATED TO WHAT THEY SELL???
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glaciergifts wrote:
I listed these items under GLASSWARE&POTTERY>GLASS>GLASSWARE>ELEGANT

WAS I WRONG??/

http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1891290
http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1891300
http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1891278
http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1891266

I ALSO LISTED MY VASES UNDER GLASS&POTTERY>DECROTIVE

http://glaciergifts.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=372272

JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I WAS WRONG?

I can't imagine better categories for the above items. Basically this comes down to harassment. I have a feeling glaciergifts is not the only drop-shipper to be getting this treatment. Many sellers don't know the forum exists. Others have posted similar but not as outrageous examples.

There are drop-shippers and there are drop-shippers. I don't think this is so much about drop-shipping as removing as much from the category as possible so the mod's items will stand out. I'm not a drop-shipper and this mod has moved some of my items, won't tell me which ones or where they were moved. Short of going through 3000 listings, I'll never know.

This is a serious abuse of power. I'm a mod and I don't operate this way nor do the others I communicate with daily.
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glacier - those pictures you took are very good, very elegant items. I would have put them there also. I wish I had a good answer - please keep me informed of the outcome - Dawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: