eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does any one else absolutely fight going to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what Maggie - if I don't get my "normal" sleep I get so very sick - like "throwing up sick" - I can go on little sleep for awhile but then when I need sleep I need sleep. Maggie have you tried Melatonin? That spelling is very wrong - it's supposed to be very good for sleep.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even when my eyelids are falling I just don't want to go up 2 flights of stairs to get in bed. LOL, by the time I do that I am awake again
suggestion..... FUTON in office Laughing

During the time I had a "real job" ... every morning the alarm would go off at 6 am, drag into kitchen to get the coffee going....get in shower & get kids up & ready... & I'd think "will it be this way for the REST of my life?" Rolling Eyes

Now working at home & homeschooling..... staying up till I darn well FEEL like going to bed & waking up when I feel like it.... AAAAHHHH I LOVE it!
I do take forever to fall asleep & when my DH was here & snoring... no matter how late I went to bed, it'd take 3 hrs to fall asleep. Good thing we separated cuz a few nights I was ready to stuff a pillow over his face!

Now I always have a book by the bed & read for a while till my eyelids start to close.
[/quote]
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst problem for me is that the rest of the world isn't on my schedule. By the time I am fully functioning, offices are closing, it's too late to mail, only huge supermarkets are open after 10pm and I don't go to them. The liquor stores have closed, no doctors or dentists after 4pm. No haircuts (and oh how I need a haircut).

Since I live in a multi-unit complex, I can't vacuum after 10pm or do laundry at 2am. Friends who want to call me before they go to work or even during their coffee breaks will get a groggy, "Who-o-o-o?" God forbid they want me to meet them for breakfast at 10am on Sunday. Then again they are the party poops when I want to go to a 9pm movie and stop for a pizza afterwards.

I feel bad for my cat who really does try to adapt to my wee hour prowls but as any cat lover knows, after dark is for cats to snoop and explore, get into things forbidden by day. She's fine till about 1am and then she begins pacing nervously, bugging me to wrap it up. What really p*sses her off is when I finally go to bed but read for an hour or two. She plays war with my feet or a while and then goes to another room to raid the waste baskets. Nights I'm really bad when I finally get up I'll find half a dozen used tissues she's rescued from the trash. I really try her patience when I sleep in on a sunny day.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:
Quote:
Even when my eyelids are falling I just don't want to go up 2 flights of stairs to get in bed. LOL, by the time I do that I am awake again
suggestion..... FUTON in office Laughing

FUNNY!!! lol, just wait til you see my office. there is not a space wider then 2 feet and that's where you got to walk to get to my corner. That's reality! NO I won't post pics, lol.

Quote:
Worst problem for me is that the rest of the world isn't on my schedule. By the time I am fully functioning, offices are closing, it's too late to mail, only huge supermarkets are open after 10pm and I don't go to them. The liquor stores have closed, no doctors or dentists after 4pm. No haircuts (and oh how I need a haircut).

Ain't that the truth! I swear in my next life I am going to be a dentist and work from 4pm until midnight! Ever try to make a dentist appointment for after school hours? It's a 3 week waiting period!
naturesadornments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues with fighting going to bed also. Sometimes I get in bed but can't stand putting my head down. Its as if I feel like going to sleep is saying that I have given up on the day when I know I should have gotten more done (I am a workaholic).

I also have issues with my significant other. (meaning that they get aggravated that I don't have the same sleeping patterns - they are the opposite) Anyone else?

I would like to mention a new sleeping aid that I have found. "Midnight" Its a natural sleep supplement that contains Melatonin, lemon balm, chamomile, & lavender. It really helps me. However I do have to lay down and close my eyes which is the hard part first. I have never found anything that helped so consistantly as this product. It can be found at most drug stores.

Melinda Cunningham
Nature's Adornments
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it came time for Kindergarten, my mother registered me for the afternoon class because she didn't want to have to fight with me to get up for school. In those days, I loved sleeping late.

DH is off to work at 6am so I'm up at 5:30 to make his lunch. That limits how late I can stay up. I start work at 6:30 so I can be done early (2:30) and have time to run errands and all those other tasks done best during the day. On weekends, we think sleeping until 7 is sleeping in. Usually the dog doesn't let us sleep later than that!

None of this makes me much of a night owl.
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes... 5:30 AM to make his lunch????? When I make lunches, it's the night before & put in fridge!!!
If it needs to be hot..... they better have a microwave Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading wrote:

DH is off to work at 6am so I'm up at 5:30 to make his lunch.

I'd get along just fine with him. Make his lunch and go to bed. Sleep till 2pm, run errands and work till 5am.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrathoffgames,

Since I start work at 6:30, getting up at 5:30 isn't quite the chore it sounds. I don't like sandwiches made the night before - the mayo or mustard is too soaked into the bread for my taste - so I make them in the morning.

Of course, he is always subject to me not being quite awake. Yesterday I shorted him his chips and snacks. And if he knows I'm sick he will make a point of telling me to stay in bed, he'll make his own lunch.

In his defense, he never asked me to do this, I volunteered. He was working an extremely stressful, overloaded with work job. He felt so pressured he wouldn't even stop for lunch. A friend of ours working at the same place would sometimes bring him back lunch when she went to McDonalds - she's the one who ratted him out about not stopping to eat. So I started making his lunch. He then started taking a break from his desk and eating lunch. He's changed jobs (thank heavens!) but we still do the lunch thing - now he's morfed it into "see, this is how you save money".
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLD UP -- you nuts to get up at 5:30 to make SOMEONE ELSES lunch???
IS he not capable of doing it for himself? Hey put $2.25 on the table and say go to McDonalds and get 2 items off the dollar menu!

I would NEVER get up in the morning to do someoen for someone else that is totally capable of doing it themself.
I don't even get up in the morning to get my kids out the door for school.

You might be his wife but that don't mean you are his servant or maid!
Does he make your lunch?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
HOLD UP -- you nuts to get up at 5:30 to make SOMEONE ELSES lunch???

You might be his wife but that don't mean you are his servant or maid!
Does he make your lunch?

I'm not wading into this one. But secretly I agree with you BT.
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since I start work at 6:30, getting up at 5:30 isn't quite the chore it sounds. I don't like sandwiches made the night before - the mayo or mustard is too soaked into the bread for my taste - so I make them in the morning.

Oh...OK... you are up anyway... *** tip to soaked bread.... put mayo or mustard ON TOP of meat... then add cheese or lettuce.... then the other piece of bread. mayo doesn't touch the bread. ****
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have to comment here. DH and I always taught school so we were all on the same schedule. I woke everyone up and we had breakfast together even if it was just poptarts and milk. We all ate dinner together.

My oldest DIL told me just this summer, how much it meant to my son that we always ate together and talked about our day ahead (or behind). Getting a dining table for their house was a big deal for him because he wanted to do the same thing for his kids.

I could have sent them to school to eat breakfast. I had plenty I needed to do. but some things you do out of love, not out of 'servitude' or because the other guy is not capable of doing it. DH no longer has to get up early in the morning since he retired. But he still does-we share coffee, plan what's for dinner, and I feel like I have started my day off right. I fix a plate of leftovers at night for him to eat at lunch the next day-because I want him to know I think about him. This is not about who does what, or owes who, what..this is about being a family and letting the other guy know that you care about them.

But that's just MHO, which ain't worth shucks, except to my kids and husband.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounded a little sanctimonious, didn't it? I'm not trying to say I'm right and people who do it differently are wrong...I'm just trying to say that I understand where Dorothy is coming from.
If I worked a night job, I wouldn't get up for DH's breakfast, either! He gets up for me-but he can take a nap in the afternoon, too!
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Does any one else absolutely fight going to Reply with quote

Dorothy, your beliefs are awesome and beautiful! Your husband and family are very fortunate to have you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: