eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suspended Stores
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnightmist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Suspended Stores Reply with quote

I just opened a store and was looking through a few of the most recent posts and I must say there is allot of negativity.Mainly from the people who are suppose to be answering questions and being helpful to new members. I've counted three so far one in particular who feels that shouting(typing in caps) is the best way to answer questions.Also seems to be allot of hate and yes I say hate for affiliates and dropshipping.What was confusing to me is how people with a handful of items in their store who have dropshipped are flagged as an affiliate. Then three people in which case only one moderator must speak down to them over asking a question.Makes asking a question about any topic seem like a bad ideal.What was more disturbing was when I floated to a different thread and read this
BigTallMensClothing wrote:
First you all need to understand that is not ALL drop shippers that are considered affiliates. It's main drop shippers that flood the market (like SMC for one example) that are considered affiiates.
It's in the terms of selling here. Try reading them!

It really has little to do with stock photos or drop shippers. It's more of is the seller selling items they had to pay to be a member of a group to sell those items - like SMC and so many other dropshipper affilate programs.

So what is a main dropshipper?Companies I have bought pallet items from to stock my physical store provide pictures also of the products.I would indeed use these on a webstore due to their detail verses taking a picture of each individual item my self.So I guess my store would also be considered an affiliate? I would also receive no sales due to the assumption and my listings would be at the bottom.
I don't dropship personally and I now feel sorry for any legit person that does on this site.I think it would be wise for anyone who does to close their store and find a better atomsphere like vstore or so many other free storefront provided sites.God knows I would after reading how "supportive" the support forums are Rolling Eyes .
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
usalicenseplates

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what to say about that, I'm not an expert but someone will surely answer pretty quickly after your post to explain clearly.
I would say that you fell on the wrong topics at the wrong time.
These forums are full of pretty good people willing to help. I myself try to help when I can.
I agree for the typing in caps but you have to understand than moderators are human, busy, and sometimes fed up to say the same things all the time so they just wanna make it clear once for all. I got typed in caps before Smile but what do you want? Life goes on, just deal with it, do your best. I'm not angry at the moderators, they're here to make sure people follow the rules, to maintain an order.

Anyway for your queries someone more competent than me will answer 'em!

http://usalicenseplates.ecrater.com/
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everybody is all flowers and butterflies. But those people can be helpful just the same.

Don't fret too much about it. If the answer to the questions are there that's the main focus.

There are plenty of other people here who will pat you on the back and offer other types of support but they may or may not have the actual answers to questions asked.

Of course, you also could've just posted your questions in the thread you're talking about. I'm not sure why it's down here in Suspended Stores...

As for dropshipping, there's a strong anti-dropshipping sentiment in lots of places. But eCrater allows dropshippers and affiliates to sell here -- they just don't get all the same benefits for what I think are good reasons. But, anyway, all that was discussed in the big thread I think you're talking about.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like you have done more than sign up for a store. Have you been trying to get help and been snapped at?

We do get snarly when people post all in caps and refer us to stores that are all in caps. It is difficult to read and if you spend hours looking at a computer screen all day, it can be the last straw.

BigTall is the only moderator of the forum. I wouldn't want his job for the life of me. (And he is a volunteer) He has to clear out the spam, answer questions no one else has, refer people to topics that explain things in detail and God knows what else. If he is abrupt with some people's stupidity at times, well God bless him. He's still politer than I would have been in a similar situation.

As far as animosity for affiliates/drop-shippers, that comes because so many of them do not follow the rules, are selling counterfeit/cloned products and then say who me? I'm not a drop-shipper.

That is not a blanket statement. Many also are upstanding members of the community with great products.
LDBMEDIASTORAGE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've counted three so far one in particular who feels that shouting(typing in caps) is the best way to answer questions.

I think when talking about caps they were speaking of someone that was answering a person's questions in caps...almost like being yelled at for asking a question.

I've seen it too...tried to make light of it to keep harmony but I guess I feel that if someone can't answer a question politely then maybe it's best if they just let someone else answer it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall doesn't use caps. He hates them. He was the only person cited.
binkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

if someone can't answer a question politely then maybe it's best if they just let someone else answer it

I totally agree but I do understand irritation.
postersareus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this board reads more and more like an Ebay board every day (YUCK, yes, I used the CAPS for a reason!)

The negative posting is bad enough, but there are a growing number of "helping" posters who not only are negative but are promoting and generating WRONG information. NOWHERE except this forum will you read that your products 'won't show up in Google" if you are deemed a dropshipper and/or affiliate. Your products WILL not appear in Google BASE, which is NOT the same thing. So...create your own feed and blow off those that know not what they talk about lol

As for the images, stock or not, and the theory that those with stock photos are scammers/dropshippers/whatever you want to call them - jeez, guess someone should notify Walmart.com, Blue Nile, and alotta the other mega internet sellers that not taking their own photos is badddd and will hurt them somehow (EYEROLL). I'm sure their boards of directors will take it right to HEART
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

postersareus wrote:
I agree, this board reads more and more like an Ebay board every day

Take it or leave it, it's all we've got. Answer questions the best you can and everyone else will do the same. If you see wrong information, post the correct information.

Of course, it's difficult to take too seriously a poster who's using a brand new ID (wonder if that store will ever actually be built?) to make complaints on at least a couple of threads.
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

postersareus wrote:
I agree, this board reads more and more like an Ebay board every day

I guess we should count ourself lucky we have a board to ask questions or complain about something. Bidville shut their community board down because they say they got tired of the negativity on it, and they have no plans on re-opening it either. I think its hurting their business to
enchantedpotions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a former Bidviller and a current ebayer and I love the boards!

I have found so many great products over time just from talking to people and checking out their stores. Things I would have never thought to search for but found by shopping someone's store that I was "chatting" with have been just great finds.
DenisesTreasures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: store up for suspention Reply with quote

Hello can someone please help me with this question. I recived an email that read . please correct the global categories of your listing or rick having your store suspended within 5 days. The item is a antique rose-design vase , I would be happy if someone out there can help because I dont want my store suspended.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisesTreasures wrote:
Hello can someone please help me with this question. I recived an email that read . please correct the global categories of your listing or rick having your store suspended within 5 days. The item is a antique rose-design vase , I would be happy if someone out there can help because I dont want my store suspended.

I just looked at your vase. It looks like a drop shipped reproduction to me and you state it is a brand new product. Then I entered rose vase in the search. That particular vase came up several times plus variations of the same design. So evidently it is a catalogue item. Very pretty but...
You say you had it in antiques. Doesn't belong there. Try home decor.
saleslion1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Suspended (possibly) Reply with quote

How do I know if my store has been suspended and why?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Suspended (possibly) Reply with quote

saleslion1 wrote:
How do I know if my store has been suspended and why?

You will know if you preview your store or go to www.saleslion1.ecrater.com and click on a category that is suppose to have items in it and see nothing there.
The why - you won't know until you read the terms and figure out what you did wrong.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: