eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Adding Inventory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papastradingpost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Adding Inventory Reply with quote

Can someone please tell how to add inventory. I had one listed now I need to add two more to make the total three....Thanks Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa
Very cute store front.

I am not sure I understand your question. You have items listed so you know how to do that so I am assuming you want to list that you have multiples of the same item?

Once your item sells if you only have one, it needs to be shown as sold (see BigTall's comments here on the forum on how he does this by changing the picture) and eventually removed. eCrater assumes that we are stores with inventory (multiples of the items) so it is not necessary to list the number of the items you have.

Now I have a situation where some of my items can be listed iin several categories. So I think enventually I will list those items several times.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFlagCompany wrote:
Now I have a situation where some of my items can be listed iin several categories. So I think enventually I will list those items several times.

Listing the same item in different global categories is not allowed at eCRATER. (article 3.3 of the eCRATER terms)
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papastradingpost,

Basically the first thing you must do after logging in the admin tool is to add at least one category and then you can start listing.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Inventory Reply with quote

papastradingpost wrote:
Can someone please tell how to add inventory. I had one listed now I need to add two more to make the total three....Thanks Very Happy

Assuming you mean you have 3 of the exact same item
you don't have to do anything! One problem with ecrater is there is currently no quantity controls. If you sell the item and one had one then you must either upload a SOLD image and make it the default for the item or hide the product if you think you will have it again or delete it all together.

Personally, I upload the SOLD image and leave that for about 2 weeks incase the buyer wants to look at the ad once they receive the item.
Compass-Rose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do carry multiples of a standard inventory, then it's not a problem with eCrater at all Smile It's just the ordinary way an online store would be set up.
OuiJoli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

How do I upload an image to appear as most popular? i don't know if this question has been addressed.

Thanks
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most popular is selected by the most hits.
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
THEFlagCompany wrote:

Listing the same item in different global categories is not allowed at eCRATER. (article 3.3 of the eCRATER terms)

If I have 5 of the same item and I want to list some under Lingerie and some under Plus Size are you saying I can't do that?

I can understand having only 1 item but if I have more then one it should be okay if it fits more then one catergory, right?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

Brenda wrote:
How do I upload an image to appear as most popular? i don't know if this question has been addressed.

Thanks

IF you mean ABOVE the list of most popular items ... go to ecrater.com / log in click on Color Templates from the left menu then click on the olive picture in the template you are using and that will take you to the page to upload your own image.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plussizelingerie

It sure looks like we cannot do that. Looks like exact same items can be listed in only one category?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plussizelingerie wrote:
ecrater wrote:
THEFlagCompany wrote:

If I have 5 of the same item and I want to list some under Lingerie and some under Plus Size are you saying I can't do that?

I can understand having only 1 item but if I have more then one it should be okay if it fits more then one catergory, right?

According to what Dimitri posted the other day - you can not do that. Items can not be posted to more then one GLOBAL CATEGORY.
BUT if I were you I would email you case to him.
Plus Size is a sub-category without any further breakdown and with 661 different items tossed in there, I as a plus size person would look in both Lingerie and in Plus Size.

There are a few sellers doing it. I just looked! lol.

You are not suppose to list the same item, in the same color, in the same size more then once either ... and well, I won't even go there!
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are not suppose to list the same item, in the same color, in the same size more then once either ... and well, I won't even go there!

Okay that makes sense and I really wasn't planning on listing the same item more then once but what if I were to list some items under lingerie and some items under plus size?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
some items under lingerie and some items under plus size?

Makes PERFECT sense to me

LOL, but who am I to say, lol!
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
some items under lingerie and some items under plus size?

As I understand it what eCrater doesn't want us to do is list the exact same item, color, size etc. in more than one category. But to list a size small in one category and a medium size of the same item in another is OK. Then we can state in the listing that it comes is the other sizes. Is this everyone's understanding of this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: