eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why did you choose not to accept Google Checkout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mljcarman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just opening a store here and debated signing up for google checkout. After reading all these posts I don't think I will. It doesn't sound like it is any improvement and I don't want anyone taking money out of my bank account for chargebacks.
I have used Paypal with no problems over on feebay for over 7 years so think I will stay with them here also. Almost everyone that buys on-line has paypal. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
gurlz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little problem with an archived google page several years ago... all of my persoanl info (addy, ph, email, etc) was posted for anyone and everyone to see on the web... the people I really felt for were the ones with CC#s and exp dates, etc... hundreds of people listed on that page... I e'd google and requested that they take the page down immediately, as it was a huge security risk... they said they'd get to it in two weeks or so when they did their regular maintenance, so I emailed every single person on the page with the link to their private info and the link to contact google... POOF... it was down in a matter of hours...

So, as far as google checkout... I just can't bring myself to trust them with my SS#...

Too bad, I'd love to see an alternative to PP (aka feebay)... maybe the new amazon one? I haven't checked it out yet...
artscodebookdepot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Google checkout Reply with quote

I just wanted to mention how unhappy I am with Google check out. I had a customer who made a nice purchase of $184.00 on 1-23. I never recieved any notice from Google of the sale. By the time I found it in my store sale area it was 1-28. The customer was very upset and i lost the sale. I have used Pay-Pal since 2001 and have always be notified when a sale was made. I just took Google off my store, If my customers will not use Pay-Pal then they will have to shop else where. I know this is a harse approach but this was very bad. I hate loosing sales because of a system failure that I have no control over. Art's Code Book Depot
sappersupplies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here. I didn't setup Google Checkout because I'm already using it in my regular webstore. It appears that the callback only allows one website.

Other than that, I've been happy with it. About 40% of my sales last year were with Google Checkout. I haven't had a problem transaction yet and you can't beat free.

Also, while there is a charge now, if you use Google AdWords you get so many Google Checkout $ credits for every Google Adwords $$ you spend. Since I already use AdWords, this wil keep Checkout free for me.
soccer4less

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: NO Pay Pal never!!! Reply with quote

waittell Pay Pal holds your funds for no reason. I know sellers who have had $10,000.00 locked up in Pay Pal and could NOT get it unless they faxced all this personal info to them..... They often hold your funds fo no reason at all up to 6 months or longer... Many have had to get a lawer and contadt state and goverment people to get thier funds back.. If you think Pay Pal is save you are very wrong. Now Pay Pal will start holding your funds for 21 days if they think tthier will be any issue with the sale. I have had several fraud buyers cheat me with Pay Pal.. the trick is they do NOT claim the item, file a charge back, then the selller can NOT rpove tracking since the package is at the post office. you either have to refind the money or waita and rick your Pay Pal accoount being limited. the buyer willl walk away with a free item.. this is a new thing on eBay. If you file dispute3s and provide tracking on everey charge back but you get more then Pay Pal thinks you should get they will limit your accouknt and will NOT relsase your funds unless you refund alll of your buyers, even though you can prove the buyer got the item. This happend to me sevral times from the ebay cheatgers. Pay Pal will say refund the buyers or wait 3 months for us to investagate to see who wins. Now if you have $5K in Pay Pal and need to ship items and can NOT get your own money to shiup items then you are in trolbe and will get a lot more charge backs.. STay away from pay Pal at all cost
soccer4less

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the very bad typing on my laptop and hard to type
barkrock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to offer Google as an alternative to Paypal, BUT...

I'm out in the boonies, with the only possible connection to me (probably ever!) being a VERY slow dial-up account, on a very faulty phone line to boot. I can't get the google checkout to load within a reasonable length of time.
fromsoup2nutz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"once bitten twice shy"

I had a very unpleasant experience with Google Checkout last Christmas and swore never to use them again. Very disappointed because I had been looking forward to a PayPal alternative. But PayPal's never really let me down so I'll just stick with them.
BowtieBabe66

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all very interesting, Im an Ebay refugee just trying to find a new home. I had trouble even trying to get a Google account, so I just dropped the idea, Im glad I did now Exclamation [/b]
leeflangarchives

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did you choose not to accept Google Checkout Reply with quote

1. Why do anti-Google checkout users say that Paypal always sends them emails when a purchase is made? My experience with Paypal is quite different. They frequently drop the ball in emailing me that something paid. The consequence is that my buyer gets his item late.

2. I'm a bit hesitant about offering Google and Paypal together, so two payment services, because the display on an item looks confusing to buyers, especially because of the double row of credit card icons.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I have had good luck with Google Checkout. I am a Feebay refugee, and left there last November. I offer both PayPal and Google Checkout, and have been receiving payments from both. So far, no hitches at all with Google Checkout. I think the buyer will choose the one that works best for him, and I want to get paid any way I can get it.

However, with the new Ebay rules about holding PayPal money, I have some concerns about PayPal, but have used it for 8 years on Feebay, and will continue to offer it for now.

Have a wonderful day!

Vintage Moonbeams

Visit my online store at:
www.vintagemoonbeams.ecrater.com
Ocaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont use Google checkout because i thought they were a shopping cart. Which realy doesnt make sense to have since i use paypal.I even checked out their site and they still didnt say anything about people paying you through them. i still am confused as to what they are exactly.
noadi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barkrock wrote:
I'd be glad to offer Google as an alternative to Paypal, BUT...

I'm out in the boonies, with the only possible connection to me (probably ever!) being a VERY slow dial-up account, on a very faulty phone line to boot. I can't get the google checkout to load within a reasonable length of time.

I have the exact same problem. I love google, I use so many of their services but they can be a taxing to dial up. Granted Paypal isn't exactly fast to load on dialup either but it times out less often.
auctionkingsales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: How do I get Google banner in Auctions? Reply with quote

Hello, to all...
learning the ins and outs of the site.....did a bit of work today, getting things in order, but I'm having a terrible time getting my Google checkout icon on the listings...I went and registered, went to their HTML site for logos and check out.....copied and pasted into the listing, but NADA...nothing shows up.....I'm sure their a button I have to click on the site to add it from, but any help would be greatly appreciated on directing me...thanks so much.
Auction King.
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: How do I get Google banner in Auctions? Reply with quote

auctionkingsales wrote:
Hello, to all...
learning the ins and outs of the site.....did a bit of work today, getting things in order, but I'm having a terrible time getting my Google checkout icon on the listings...I went and registered, went to their HTML site for logos and check out.....copied and pasted into the listing, but NADA...nothing shows up.....I'm sure their a button I have to click on the site to add it from, but any help would be greatly appreciated on directing me...thanks so much.
Auction King.

You can't use HTML here so copying and pasting it from the Google site won't work. Check your payment options in the left hand column of your admin page and see that you have Google checkout enabled and the fields filled in properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: