eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ebay PS and Refugees-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
livingoffthegrid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Ebay PS and Refugees- Reply with quote

Just a couple of FYI's to make it easier to start and get off the Feetrain.
1)There is feedback here but you will find the customers are sane here,alot more like retail where they dont expect products yesterday,for free and if the shipping box is scratched they want a complete refund and a extortion stipend.(That atmosphere is 100% and completely Ebay's fault)
2)If you have an adwords account you are good to go for google checkout here-used to be free but rates are extremely low at 2% now)See the instructions on how to link and dont forget to add the code for analytics so you can track your traffic.Go to Accounts-->options--> youll see it.
3)Ecrater gets really good Google placement-post as many unique items as you can.They will show up quickly.(a week?)
4)Listing here is one time-duplicates are not allowed(if the policy is the same as 6 mos ago)so you dont have to spread listings on dupes at diff. times so you always have "listing end" traffic.All BIN's here,no auctions.
5)Search here is static in order of newest listed so getting page 1 is listing new items periodically.Traffic here is google(and wherever else you pimp to) driven-->USE ADWORDS FOR YOUR STORE HERE.Listing is free so transfer the savings to advertising until you get a sales stream.
6)This place is principle driven,the creator is a former PS from Feebay so i believe there will never be fees here-its fairly safe to recommend it as a long term outlet for reduced price selling.In theory it could be the lowest priced and best place on the internet but will take people and sellers to make it a competitor.

Im sure others who have been around the boards here will have better and more detailed info but just wanted to drop a few lines and congratulate those who say no to corporate bloat ! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6)This place is principle driven,the creator is a former PS from Feebay so i believe there will never be fees here-its fairly safe to recommend it as a long term outlet for reduced price selling.In theory it could be the lowest priced and best place on the internet but will take people and sellers to make it a competitor.

This is WRONG information.
Where do you get the idea that Dimitri is a former PS from ebay?

eCrater.com has been free since 2004 and Dimitri says it will always be free. heck many even suggested that he just charge for those that wanted the inventory control feature and he said NO WAY - it's free!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay PS and Refugees- Reply with quote

livingoffthegrid wrote:
...its fairly safe to recommend it as a long term outlet for reduced price selling.In theory it could be the lowest priced and best place on the internet but will take people and sellers to make it a competitor.

Not everyone selling on ecrater is catering to the lowest price market. Some of us sell here because we got sick of the BS elsewhere. Also financially it makes sense for those who sell items that are not fads and top sellers. When you have to carry an item for months or years before it finds a buyer, ecrater is your saving grace. I'm very loyal.
livingoffthegrid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told ya!Quick corrections,thanks,like i said i dont post here often but Ecrater is a great venue!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still curious to know why you thought that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: