eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

removing inventory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centuryfarmknives

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: removing inventory Reply with quote

I am new, like today new. Reading lots of good stuff. I got a crazy question but I got to ask it. When you sell an item on ecrater, does that item automatically get removed from the store so that it cannot be sold again until I put another one just like it on?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have quantity control enabled it supposedly does. If not you have to remove or hide it or mark it sold with a sold icon as your default pic and add sold to your title. You can then leave it in hiding or marked sold for a reasonable time till you are sure your buyer could have received item. Then you delete it.

Since buyers do not have ecrater accounts like my ebay, I like to mark the item sold so if they have any question about the item they can go back to the listing and see what they purchased and what I said about it. Click on my www and enter sold in my search line and you will see how I do it.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have more then one of an item why not just put the quantity you have in the QTY box.

INVENTORY CONTROL will work if you have it enabled AND you have the qty box filled out AND the buyer pays instantly via PayPal or Google Checkout.
KeyCreative

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Left ebay and found this wonderful site.

I have the same question. I tried a test item and marked the quantity as 1 and turned on Inventory Control. When I tested the item; I added it to my cart but the quantity field was still active which would enable someone to change the quantity to say 10. I did not conclude the test with a purchase so I don't know if the quantity of one was effected by entering 10. I want to sell fine art paintings...originals so i really need for the button to show sold after a qualifying purchase.

Thanks for any help.
Michael
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I added it to my cart but the quantity field was still active which would enable someone to change the quantity to say 10.

IF the QTY box says 1
and inventory control is on
if they put 10 in the qty on the order and click update quanity it will change back to one.

Quote:
so i really need for the button to show sold after a qualifying purchase.
\
it won't SHOW sold
It simply won't show at all therefore no one can buy it because it's hidden.
KeyCreative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rock! Thanks very much. Very Happy
smokeygrouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dumb ? How do you know if the inventory control is on or off?
KeyCreative

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's under: Left column in the store admin>Account>Options>Enable Inventory Control. If you check the box Inventory control will be on.

One of the admins might have a more verbose answer. I hope this is right. Very Happy

Here is a quote from above:

"INVENTORY CONTROL will work if you have it enabled AND you have the qty box filled out AND the buyer pays instantly via PayPal or Google Checkout."
smokeygrouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply. Truly appreciate it! Forgot what it was like taking a crash course! Sometimes the answer is right front my face .......

Have a great Time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: