eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Also new from Ebay - and very confused..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fgilles02420

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Also new from Ebay - and very confused.. Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just opened an ecrater store after fleeing from Ebay due to the new feedback system and increasing fees.

I'm very confused and I hope someone can help me. I'm just going to be a small time seller - clothes, household, the occasional yard sale find - so my store won't have a 'theme' (like china, jewelry, linens, etc)

1)I don't understand meta and title tags at all. I read BigTall's long post about it and I'm still clueless. I hope someone can take pity on me and help me with really simple words or a step by step description.

2) I don't understand about promoting my store. Since there won't be very many items in it at one time, and there's no "theme" I'm not sure how to do that.

3)I think I have my store set up more or less correctly, at least I hope so:
www.fgilles02420.ecrater.com

Thank you in advance,
Frances
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
shelliesboutique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Also new from Ebay - and very confused.. Reply with quote

fgilles02420 wrote:
Hi,
I've just opened an ecrater store after fleeing from Ebay due to the new feedback system and increasing fees.

I'm very confused and I hope someone can help me. I'm just going to be a small time seller - clothes, household, the occasional yard sale find - so my store won't have a 'theme' (like china, jewelry, linens, etc)

1)I don't understand meta and title tags at all. I read BigTall's long post about it and I'm still clueless. I hope someone can take pity on me and help me with really simple words or a step by step description.

2) I don't understand about promoting my store. Since there won't be very many items in it at one time, and there's no "theme" I'm not sure how to do that.

3)I think I have my store set up more or less correctly, at least I hope so:
www.fgilles02420.ecrater.com

Thank you in advance,
Frances

hi frances! and welcome!

meta tags help your site when people are searching from search engines IE: google, yahoo, etc. in your admin panel, meta description tag is where you put the description of your store. meta keywords tag is where you put relevant keywords to your store.

the title tag is usually your store name. at the very top, where it said "eCRATER.com"? that's your title tag. you can put anything there.

promoting is just getting words out to others that your store is there and open for business, making it as widely known as possible.

hope that helps some.

shellie
http://shelliesboutique.ecrater.com
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater.com might not be the venue for you

Meta tags are your life line to the search engines so work on understanding them. It won't do any good for someone to tell you what to put because if you add another item it would probably be best to revise your tags and no one is goig to keep doping that over and over again for you. Companies that do Meta tags for folks get paid big bucks!

Quote:

Promoting = advertising another very very important factor of selling on ecrater.com
If you don't figure out where and how to get buyers into your store then you won't have any.
So far you have a theme you have 5 items all clothing. Find some parenting forums - post in them. Put your business card in library books. READ the advertising topic here and you'll get THOUSANDS of ideas then you figure out what works for you.

Think is you are not paying ecrater.com to do any work for you. You now have your own webstore and you have a ton of work ahead of you if you expect to sell anything.
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Also new from Ebay - and very confused.. Reply with quote

fgilles02420 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you in advance,
Frances

Hi Frances Smile

I have to agree with Bigs on this. This might not be the right venue for you. You really need search ability factor when putting together your own store. If you have researched what you have to offer in compared to ebay's completed auctions and see your exact items sell well, then you might have a chance. Otherwise, if they are common goods, you will easily get lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: