eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does anyone else feel their sales are down because...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starbrightcollections

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Does anyone else feel their sales are down because... Reply with quote

customers are going elsewhere online to find lowers prices for your items? I'm trying to stay postitive about listing items, but I can't stop thinking about maybe this is why my sales are so low. Call me impatient or whatever, maybe someone can make me feel different. By any means I'm not complaining about eCRATER at all I LOVE this site and will stick with it! Just need some boost!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if people are just slow this year with buying.Last year Oct and Sept were great on Ebay for me and this year it is really slow.I didn't have a store there,just general listings.
DiscountPet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay sales have been horrible for me lately. I've gone a couple days in between sales sometimes.

I keep a pretty close eye on my competitors and I would know if someone had significantly better prices than I do, so in my case, I don't think it's that buyers are finding my items elsewhere for much lower.
banknote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Cheapest Online Deal Reply with quote

This may be due to 2 reasons:

(1) After several increase in fees, most of the best sellers have transferred to other cheaper online marketplace. Part of the sales are now done outside eBay.

(2) The most clever buyers will not buy only on eBay now. Buyers will search www.froogle.com for the cheapest online deal now. With increasing fees, the prices of eBay products will be increasing too.
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Low Prices Reply with quote

I'm sure anyone searching the internet is looking for lower prices, I know I do. Thats what made the big boxes what they are today. The internet is not a place to get rich quick, so anyone selling online should pay attention to current store prices around them and adjust accordingly. Additionally, more folks are paying attention to store ratings and feedback. A brand New entity with no rating or little feedback will be slow till they reach that consumer comfort level. There will still be impulse buyers who will buy from newcomer stores and help to improve their score if dealt with professionally.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone else feel their sales are down because... Reply with quote

starbrightcollections wrote:
customers are going elsewhere online to find lowers prices for your items? I'm trying to stay postitive about listing items, but I can't stop thinking about maybe this is why my sales are so low.

Do you think your prices are too high?
maxxgraphix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always find a lower price. So what?
Mark everything up then have a sale.
Buy now while supplies last.
People are still impulse buyers on the internet.

Sales are down everywhere. Money is tight for about everyone.
Food costs are up, fuel is up, local taxes are up, electricty is up.
To top it off, most of use are earning 20%-50% less than we used to.

There are not as many extra dollars floating around.
I rarely have internet sales. 99% of my sales are commericial projects that can't wait any longer. If it could wait, they would and keep the money. But a retail business has to have a sign.
reenactorsquartermaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: I couldn't agree more. Reply with quote

I have to agree that sales are very slow. As a previous ebayer I had a spike early last month and then everything dropped. I had to close my ebay store but since I have started on ecrater I have had 1 sale that was on backorder so I guess that sort of counts. (The man wanted a refund.) I have also had another sale since then. Yes the economy is hurting, it is obvious. We just have to hang in there. If you stick to what you set out to do you will be successful. If you build it they will come. Make sure you do every bit of advertising possible. This is a great place to sell, and so far all of the products I have seen are high quality. Keep up the good work and products. Cool
banknote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Selling at LOWER and LOWER Rate Reply with quote

I agree with you (maxxgraphix). Sellers cannot wait and keep on paying fees. The world has changed, but someone is still too greedy. I think the concept of auction with fees (fees with every selection or with each button) will NO LONGER work soon, as the internet market is VERY OPEN now. The next generation will be low-fee stores (or hopefully totally free stores), so that sellers can list as much products as possible at a fixed cost.

There are 2 reasons.
(1) Someone stills try to buy low at greedy auction site and sell high there. This worked 7 or 8 years ago, as at that time the greedy auction sites is not so famous and there are not too many buyers. Sellers were willing to sell at a VERY LOWER price. Most buyers (including me) made great profits 7 or 8 years ago.
This NO LONGER works now. As the greedy auction sites become famous in the world, there are more and more buyers. Thus, sellers will not sell at a lower price now, because they know that the buyers will bid the price up to a market level.
With fees, the cost will be very high. Add to this is "the cost of time". When someone cannot re-sell within a short time, one has to pay fees again, and further increasing the costs. This leads to over-stock. Futher higher prices lower down sales volume. This is a DEAD lock.
(2) With increasing fees, clever or part-time sellers move away from the greedy auction site. These sellers are factullay buyers at the same time. There are less buyers now. Less sellers + less buyers further lower down sales volume. This situation are now very bad. The greedy auction sites will soon raise fees again, so as to keep their profits.

Online auctions were very funny in the past. But it is not funny anymore now. For myself, I don't think the greedy auction site is funny. It is in fact painful.

Don't be mad in thinking that buyers will still buy from you at a higher price at the greedy auction site or buyers will absorb the fees, because they are loyal to or love the site. This thinking is very silly. If the buyers keep on losing money in every deal, they will disappear soon.

It may be okay if the value of your products will increase with time. But these products are very rare. All of us are aiming at making QUICK money.

My personal opinion is that don't play any auction games with fees any more. The over-stock situation in U.S.A. and most possibly the world is very serious now.

Last edited by banknote on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:26 am; edited 11 times in total
reenactorsquartermaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree with you more (banknote). I got severely burned by ebay er greedbay that is. When I opened my ebay store I thought wow this is going to be great. Sad Boy was I wrong. Since they raised their fees I have since ceased all selling activities there. It's a shame to see these things happening. But thank goodness for ecrater. Not only do they submit your items to froogle but your items will also be spidered on the ecrater site as well. I hope you are right and that there will be more free auction sites etc. It just doesn't make sense to pay for an online store or whatever when it costs more than what you are making. Ebays fees are becoming a crime and they are digging their own grave. Happily I will not be giving them one more cent out of my wallet.
starbrightcollections

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of you. I'm just going to keep listing items and keep busy and I'm sure sales will be popping up here soon. Thanks for all the words of wisdom and advice from everyone! Smile
theflagman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm close to giving up on eBay. The market is oversaturated with dropshippers and scammers that drive buyers away.

Plus, I can't stand the fees!
starbrightcollections

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. The fee's have gone up like crazy! How is anyone suppose to make a profit?

Are you thinking of creating a store here? I've had my store open for about a month now and have had a few sales. Don't get discouraged if things don't pick up right away, just takes time! I'm still trying to be patient to be honest.

Good Luck & Welcome to eCrater Smile
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell ya'll, since I make costumes and this is my season, eBay sales are W-A-Y down, by $100's from last year at this time. I sell alot more here. Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: lack of sales Reply with quote

This is my 3rd year anniversary of having a store on eBay and it may be my last month. This is the first month where it looks like barring a miracle I will lose money.

Contrary to what many post on the community boards there I can always find my items and they show up on google close to the top. My sales were high all summer despite broken computer and vacations. Then mid September, they stopped.

Funny thing about sales. Even when they were good, they came in spurts--faucet effect. Turn on and have several sales in a few minutes. Turn off and go dry till someone turned the faucet back on.

Last week I had my first real sales on ecrater. 3 within 15 minutes of each other. Go figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: