eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

CNN Money: 5 ex-eBayers: Where they sell now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keechauctions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: CNN Money: 5 ex-eBayers: Where they sell now Reply with quote

Right from CNN money.............

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fsb/0802/gallery.ex_ebay_sellers.fsb/5.html

Please share your opinion with other readers about what you think of eCRATER. Click here to add your comment.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thefrugalshopperstreasuretrove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that...it was fun to read about the refugees...me being one! and also that gave me a chance to check out the website for one of the people that left ebay...there are 5 listed (more obviously) on the CNN site, as leaving ebay...the one is an ecrater.com store owner. So, I thought that was neat also!

Thanks again.

Tracy
keechauctions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, i'm a refugee too! I think there are alot of us here. Now, if only we can get out stuff bought, lol.
thefrugalshopperstreasuretrove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah...I wish I had a sale...I am going through parcel packaging withdrawl syndrome....no parcels out in days...mmmm.....no tape....no...money....LOL

I opened two stores here...in two weeks...yeah, I am tired! (One store is on hold until it is ready to open I want it filled up!...it is almost ready!)

Best of luck with your store though!
Tracy Shocked
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID I just miss it in the posted article or is there nothing about ecrater.com in that article?

This section of the forum is
eCRATER in the news
Seen or heard anything about eCRATER anywhere (online articles, tv, radio, newspapers or magazines), please share, we'd love to know.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ecrater mention is in the box on the right of the article
5 sellers who have ditched ebay or something like that. Gurls Gone Glam is the site they profiled. They've been here a while.
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article and great for ecrater to be mentioned on one of them. Right there on the top for everyone to see.
CopperArts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Ebay Reply with quote

It is a shame, you get something that works well (like Ebay) and they forget the people that make it run. Yes, the buyers are important.. but the seller does foot the bill. Why should the seller need to jump through hoops (ebays policies) for them to take your money? Having standards is one thing.. and Ebay should have them in place... but this is insane.

Are we seeing the decline of Ebay? or a new and improved one?
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay Reply with quote

CopperArts wrote:
It is a shame, you get something that works well (like Ebay) and they forget the people that make it run. Yes, the buyers are important.. but the seller does foot the bill. Why should the seller need to jump through hoops (ebays policies) for them to take your money? Having standards is one thing.. and Ebay should have them in place... but this is insane.

Are we seeing the decline of Ebay? or a new and improved one?

If the members continue to speak loud enough and long enough you will see an improved one. . . I never use it it anymore "buying or selling". Quit several years ago. I throw my support to smaller sites that seem to care about the buyers and sellers.
manysocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: I am refugee from Amazon. Reply with quote

Ebay does have a tremendous amount of bureaucracy and so many rules.. Ebay has just gotten TOO big and has to answer to Wall Street. Ebay has to pay lots of employees to run this big bureaucracy.

Anyone can get free businesscards by going to vistaprint.com

I will so anything to promote ecrater, right now!
Very Happy
Confused
OutdoorGadgetsnGear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: how i found ecrater Reply with quote

I read the article on the cnn website and that is how I found ecrater. Just opened my 1st store with my second coming soon.
I still have my stores on ebay but have been looking for alternatives for a while now, as the only one who makes any money from my hard work seems to be ebay
debandricksstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to ecrater, coming from eBay. I am having a hard time swallowing the fees there. Between eBay & PayPal it's over 35%. Yuk! I will eventuallly get my store up and running, but want to learn about how to do it right. Thanks
tissany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: ExEbayer - Left ebay a month ago and waiting for funds Reply with quote

I am an exebayer and could not make profit in ebay anymore. The majority of my sales were in international, i.e UK, Australia and Spain. The USD is very low outside the US. So items were selling good but ebays fees, plus paypal fees took my profit.
Now paypal is holding all my money for 180 days, and that is in the users agreement with paypal. I do not recommend anyone keep money in paypal, regardless the money market fund offer.

I am starting slow in ecrater and looking ways to bring customers to my site. I wonder what it will take, and how to promote this site in Europe or Australia?

Getting the store index in the search engines takes about two-three weeks.
I am paying for Google Ads but so far just waiting.

Will see.
purpledaisy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: eBayer New to eCRATER Reply with quote

Hello!

I just wanted to jump in and say I discovered eCRATER this week and am in the process of setting up a store here. I am coming over from eBay also! I am still on eBay but am sooo tired of the constant changes, fees, and their horrible nonexistent customer service. I have had several issues where they pulled auctions in error and I couldn't get thru to them or get the "dings" removed. I even had an email from a rights owner saying I didn't do anything wrong and I couldn't get to the right person to get it corrected. Went in circles until I gave up. I think eBay is all about the "BIG" companies now and they get preference. The little guys who do this because they love it and who got eBay started are forgotten.

It will take a while to get my store up but I am excited to be here and once my store is ready to go, I will PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE eCRATER!!!

I am sure I will be chiming in for help somewhere along the way in my store setup!
Sue
purpledaisy
LuxuryLinensEtc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Feebay Reply with quote

Yes, eCrater is like a breath of fresh air after eBay. The next rule that eBay will impose upon its sellers IMHO is mandatory free shipping. That way, Ebay and Paypal get a percentage of your shipping charges up to 3 times in the listing fees, final value fees, and then the Paypal fees! It's coming, you wait and see. Ebay has so over-regulated everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: