eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how long did it take
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kreativetreasures

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: how long did it take Reply with quote

weeks and weeks but I still have not made my first sale....just wondering if it took most a long time - we are about to move to a new house and with all of the products and supplies to pack etc etc I duno if I should try to clear out whatever I have and just start from scratch at the new home - any suggestions?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some great stuff!

If it were me, I'd leave the store as it is and just "hide" it until I was ready to get back to it.
wholesaleoutletwarehouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have had almost 50 sales since the last week of December and have been real happy with my ecrater store-it is really surprising that items have sold out of my store here and they never sold on ebay for even less??

Anyway, here is my suggestion...

I would clean up your titles and listing text. You don't have capital letters in the beginning and it could look like a kid just typed stuff in there. Your about page too. Maybe add some more extra lines everywhere for white space and make it look a little more professional.

I only briefly looked at your crib sheets and they are adorable. I would add "baby" and "bedding" to your title and anything else that you think someone would type in to search. Google Analytics helps with the keywords too-you see exactly what people are typing in to search for. You have a lot of space to add in your title - be sure to get all the descriptive words in each title that you can.

Finally-on the sheets (since that is all I looked at) I would offer them at $9.99 or $8.99 and then charge $1.95 shipping. This way when the item comes up in a search, it puts it under $10 and it works out the same-I think most people expect to pay shipping. But if you do this, be sure to take the words free shipping out of the title and your listing text. If it seems like a lot of work, experiment with just a few and see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps, it does take a little while to show up in searches but be sure to submit your url to the major search engines sites.

Good luck and hopefully you will get your first sale soon!

-Laura

Smile
kreativetreasures

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

I will be able to keep up with the store ...only adding what my grandma makes - I am not sure if I am targeting an already overused market or something
lotsofpatterns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - you have some beautiful items! One thing I noticed besides what was already mentioned is that you don't tell about fabric or yarn content in a lot of your items. For the crib sheets, are they cotton, cotton/poly, flannel, etc. For the knit sweater, what type of yarn was used, etc. I know this type of information was very important when my kids were babies. One had extreme contact dermatitis issues and could only have 100% cotton - any poly in it and she would break out something awful!!

Hope this helps and hang in there!

Linda
keechauctions

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right there with you. It has been I think a month, and not even a question. I thought I had some pretty nice items in my store. But now I have to wonder if people are really looking for what i have to offer. Well, we'll just keep on trudging along, i guess. lol
debmode

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have learned not to use a black background in photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially for cute stuff like you have !!!!!!!!!! Maybe try a pastel for cute baby cloths.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is jammed packed with promotional info! I pack as many keywords in every page, product title, descriptions AND catagory names.
I did a google search for "children's ceiling fans" & the Catagory keyword was picked up on the top of the second google page.
Don't do "cute" catagory names .... add the keyword... like instead of "nitey nite" (or whatever it is) the catagory should have, maybe, "Bedding" . I look at my google analytics in the keywords being searched for & I really pack all my text with those keywords.
Also every few days.... always be adding new items. I find when I have a "lull" in orders, I add a new item & I get a few new orders right away.

Just "keep on, keepin on"
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreativetreasures - your store sales are directly tied to your promotional efforts. Are you promoting your store in the right places?
How long has it been since you submitted to all the search engines - yahoo, msn and google are just the 3 biggest there are tons more.
Search engines can take 4-8 weeks to find your store AFTER you submoit the URL to them.

Marketing is the key to your success. Got to find where you buyers are and get them inside your store.
MandCDesigns

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my store open 3 or 4 weeks and no sales either... but everyone here says it takes at least a month to "get noticed," so I'm not sweating it yet! Hopefully (for both of us!) what I've read is right, and soon the sales will come!
Good Luck, and Happy Selling!

Chris
http://mandcdesigns.ecrater.com/
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kreativetreasures, You've been given some excellent advice here.

I would remove free shipping from the titles. It is not searched by Google. Some websites have Display only items with free shipping option but that is within their website.

Fabric/yarn content is extremely important and particularly for infants.

I would also start all my root categories with the word Baby
Baby accessories
Baby bedding
Baby clothes
etc.

Lots of buyers have short memories. You have nice items so don't be discouraged. Just spruce up your site.
kreativetreasures

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

I have been putting myself out there and I do get a fair amount of hits on all products. I am changing all of the product names and putting the shipping charge separate. I used to work in a daycare and I probably make everything too cute and not professional enough. Thanks for the advice! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: hey Reply with quote

kreativetreasures wrote:
I have been putting myself out there and I do get a fair amount of hits on all products. I am changing all of the product names and putting the shipping charge separate. I used to work in a daycare and I probably make everything too cute and not professional enough. Thanks for the advice! Very Happy

Yeah. Those babies are adorable but unfortunately they don't have paypal accounts.
kreativetreasures

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

So everyone knows I have been up a few months and I have done a complete redo to the site since January. Also I have promoted my site on many other pages, blogs, and locally. I will start to change my backgrounds in my new pictures. Does anyone notice that pictures with models work better as their default picture? I only have marked what exact fabric or yarn blends I am 100% sure of. My grandma makes baby items and I just get them from her. Does anyone notice that round numbers or dropping it down a penny ($1.00 vs .99) works better? Thanks everyone for the comments.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is your child in the pictures I looked at I think he is about to outgrow handknit bibs. Unless you have other children to act as models I don't think I'd start focusing on him. You might try a few with him as default pic and see if it helps. Kids and animals in TV ads are known to keep couch potatoes on the couch during commercials.

I put a picture of my cat in default after an item is sold and those items get lots of hits after they are sold.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: