eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How did everyone get started online- your downs and your ups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: How did everyone get started online- your downs and your ups Reply with quote

How did everyone get started online-your downs and your up moments. Did you ever want to give up when your sales were down. Any success stories that you would like to share?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a husband and wife team. Started selling in November 2004, when corporate downsizing made that possible for the wife. Our first sale was a vintage etched window in a recently purchased older home. Since I do custom etchings we wanted our own personal etching in the window, as personal taste and advertising. Window sold at a fairly high price, packing was difficult, I had to make a custom crate and all that. The window made it safe and sound. We decided if we could ship one of the most difficult things there are and get it there safe. The possiblities were endless. Since $$$ were short anyway...The rest is history. That was on the big E.
All was sucess 2000+ 100% positive feedback later...July 2006..A store with 1700 items on the Big E. They took us down via lack of search, fees, etc. hence no sales to cover the BIG Fees.
Down further, we moved to Wagglepop to at least lessen our fees and still sell. A few sales...then nothing
Off to find better waters....eCrater....and we love it....Started moving in September 1st....We set up our main store and a speciality store...
More sales than WP and no fees like eBay...Talk about a win-win.
You build it they will come! Wink
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Great success story Reply with quote

Wow! What a great story and look how you came out on top. I definitely believe that if you build it they will come. The phrase reminds me of the movie-"Field of Dreams". That movie was such a inspiration for me, because even though there wasn't a field nor players that was visible to the human eye he believed that the game could continue. He built the field and they did come.

You can't live your dreams by what you see. You have to envision that dream in a way that others aren't able to see and believe in your heart that it is already done.

So have you ever thought about giving up when your sales were low or did you keep on believing and pursuing your goals?

Thanks for your response, I love to hear stories about success and keeping your dreams alive no matter what obstacles tend to come your way. I believe that we will be alright with Ecrater.

Dynamic

Last edited by dynamicshop on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit?.....May we state that is a four letter word!
At the end of all this, whenever that is! We have to be able to say we gave it everything.
Re-invent is a better word. Research, research, research.
There is always a better way to do everything.
Better way to make your store look good, better way to list, better way to buy and better way to market.
Always look where you are, what you have to work with and where you want to be. Without a goal you have no cause.
Marketing is amazing to us...Did you know 2 marketing ideas that make the most money for major companies? You see it everyday and don't even realize the impact.
1. the word- repeat on any product
2. Buy 2 for $10.00.....(or whatever price they have)

Repeat; Shampoo for instance, do you really need to use it twice? Probably not, unless you've been playing in the mud.

Buy 2 for: Do you really need 2? Or one at $5.00 will do, most people will buy 2. Doubling the sellers profits

How does this apply to internet sales? Depends on the product. But it makes you think in a creative manner, which can only bring good to your sales.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really wanna know Shocked
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: